Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Wqsknijper

Dedicated Member
Hello fellow CubeCraft (Java) players,

Always when I join the lobby from either joining the network or finishing a game, I am getting a huge frame rate drop, this is due to the amount of entities.
With entities I do not mean players, no no, I mean the (banners behind) NPCs. The NPCs and banners behind the NPCs are A LOT of entities which causes a lot of players to have <30 fps in the lobbies (even me who usually gets 300 in a FFA gamemodes and 500 - 800 in Skywars / Eggwars). I would suggest to either remove or add an ability to disable these banners (just in the settings menu), next to that if people actually want visibility of these entities to nothing give the player a Travel menu (like how it used to be, but when you click a gamemode you get the same menu as when you would've clicked an npc) like the current quest menu, what I mean with that, is that it will only be there if you have it enabled and it will be in the 3th slot from the right.

Entity count when actually zoomed in on one NPC 'booth':
1618006847863.png

A more detailed clip:

I hope something like this will be added because I really hate these frame drops, they even influence my ram usage when I'm just uploading a report while being in the lobby. It would really make a difference, stay save, you may respond with addons or whatever you think about this suggestion.

Best regards,
Wqsknijper.

Last edited:

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I don't have this problem. I do not have a good pc, but I have more then 30 fps in the lobby. I don't know what the exact problem is, but it's not something I experience. So I don't think removing banners would fix it.

Lotaniq

Aug 6, 2016
Hello fellow CubeCraft (Java) players,

Always when I join the lobby from either joining the network or finishing a game, I am getting a huge frame rate drop, this is due to the amount of entities.
With entities I do not mean players, no no, I mean the (banners behind) NPCs. The NPCs and banners behind the NPCs are A LOT of entities which causes a lot of players to have <30 fps in the lobbies (even me who usually gets 300 in a FFA gamemodes and 500 - 800 in Skywars / Eggwars). I would suggest to either remove or add an ability to disable these banners (just in the settings menu), next to that if people actually want visibility of these entities to nothing give the player a Travel menu (like how it used to be, but when you click a gamemode you get the same menu as when you would've clicked an npc) like the current quest menu, what I mean with that, is that it will only be there if you have it enabled and it will be in the 3th slot from the right.

Entity count when actually zoomed in on one NPC 'booth':
View attachment 190734

I hope something like this will be added because I really hate these frame drops, they even influence my ram usage when I'm just uploading a report while being in the lobby. It would really make a difference, stay save, you may respond with addons or whatever you think about this suggestion.

Best regards,
Wqsknijper.
Maybe set the visibility of players to friends and party only. That wil fix a lot!

Wqsknijper

Dedicated Member
Maybe set the visibility of players to friends and party only. That wil fix a lot!
I already have players visibility set to nobody, though, thanks for your attempt to help :)
Hmm yeah, I can't deny that there seems to be a problem. Although I wasn't e able to recreate it. But if disabling the banners would fix the lag for some players, then there should be a way to disable them I think.
Yes, I've actually asked some friends and they do have to same issue. It might depend on which version you're using, for example I'm using 1.12.2 (Labymod or Badlion, though I am getting higher FPS with Badlion). Which version are you playing on usually?

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I already have players visibility set to nobody.

Yes, I've actually asked some friends and they do have to same issue. It might depend on which version you're using, for example I'm using 1.12.2 (Labymod or Badlion, though I am getting higher FPS with Badlion). Which version are you playing on usually?
I'm using 1.16 most of the time, so that might be the problem.

LightsOff_

Novice Member
Sep 6, 2020
Antartica
Just like 99th_DutchScary I do not have this problem. I don't understand why you have this problem and I don't because my pc is a potato. I have a max of 120fps and limited it to 60. I don't know if it will work but it might help you. In your settings you can limit your fps, you can go unlimited, a random number and something like Vsync. If it is in Vsync try to put it to unlimited. Vsync might ruin your fps. I am not a proffesional but this might help. Idk if you play on an clients that improve fps like optifine but this can also help.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #54-
The original Enderman had green eyes, and emitted smoke particles. They were later changed to purple eyes, and now Enderman emit purple teleportation particles instead of smoke.
Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Top Bottom