Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think cubecraft needs to implement a better anti-cheat system?

• Yes, 100%

• No

• I don't encounter hackers

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaicrawf

Jan 21, 2017
I agree, but if they sign up/volunteer for it, they should be ready to handle a little responsibility other than just carrying an ego around. Maybe introducing a new title strictly where people have the authority to temp-ban hackers could also solve this. I'd literally sit around waiting for a hacker :cool:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or a title which gives permission to send a message to a mod without having to leave the game to find one

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
The new report system was implemented because it was more efficient. A section on the forums would mean it would be easier to miss a report, and more for staff to do.
Shouldn't staff care about the server though, that's why they would be staff?
She is talking about the old report system. There used to be a sub-forum in which everyone could make reports. Unfortunately, people did not read the guidelines causing them to make reports without evidence or warnings. Because of the many reports that were invalid (about one third), staff wasted valuable time by reacting and closing these reports. Staff also had to check if the player has already punished, which happens automatically now.
On top of that, closed reports stayed in this sub-forum, causing open reports to sometimes mix up with closed reports.

xMasaya

Jan 8, 2017
Canada
She is talking about the old report system. There used to be a sub-forum in which everyone could make reports. Unfortunately, people did not read the guidelines causing them to make reports without evidence or warnings. Because of the many reports that were invalid (about one third), staff wasted valuable time by reacting and closing these reports. Staff also had to check if the player has already punished, which happens automatically now.
Also, closed reports stayed in this sub-forum, causing open reports to sometimes mix up with closed reports.
In my opinion, I'd rather have too many reports come in and have to sift through the ones that could be taken into consideration versus those that couldn't, rather than have people leave the server because they aren't enjoying playing. That's happened to me too many times to count, and with other servers having similar gamemodes now, just suggesting something be done to retain players that are familiar with eggwars while they can. Innocent post that's been taken farther than ever intended.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Right, so,

I haven't been playing on cubecraft that long, but with each game, I am becoming less and less a fan.

While your gamemodes are fun (namely eggwars), your poor, poor, anti-cheat system (if there even is one) isn't. I have played many games of eggwars over the last month or so, and I'd say 90% of the games have hackers in them. Now, yes, I know it's still possible to win the game playing with hackers, but what fun is it? It messes endlessly with your statistics, for example, adding 20 deaths each game and only a handful of kills because that yellow guy over there can hit you from his egg while you're standing on yours (slight exaggeration but I guarantee you know how I'm feeling), and changes the focus of the game from breaking other eggs to just finally killing that one hacker.

Basically, there are two simple ways to improve this (notice I'm saying improve, because, no server can stop 100% of hackers, but cubecraft surely can block more than the 2% they're taking care of now):
1. Implement a simple anti-cheat system that covers obvious hacks; fly hacking is one of the most common, and obvious, hacks people on the server are using, and also one of the easiest to get rid of. or,
2. Implement a simpler system for user-submitted reports. The system you have now, while it may be one of the most secure, surely turns people off from submitting reports. I went to submit a report of (you guessed it) a hacker in eggwars a couple weeks ago, saw it took more effort than just following an outline and attaching a video clip for evidence, and decided not to. While it may be my decision not to go through all that work, ignoring that submission ultimately impacts everyone.

[TLDR]: Get a better anti-cheat system pls :)
Just wait until the new anti-cheat is out. In the meantime just report all the hackers you come across.

elkin12

Aug 29, 2016
Well I meant that I did not know that I was trying to say this Posts but now I understand and I'm glad that everything has already been completed.

U

Unipotato

Well I meant that I did not know that I was trying to say this Posts but now I understand and I'm glad that everything has already been completed.

I still don't get it but I'm glad you understand. If you are using google translate feel free to speak your normal language, we have people here on the forums who understand multiple languages.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Top Bottom