Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
Heya :D

I wanted to make a suggestion about a list of words that are allowed or not, so here you go :).

Where is this about?
As we all know (hopefully) not every word is allowed on cubecraft, but for some words I'm not always sure if a word is allowed or not. If that is the case you have to go to discord and ask it in staff help what can take some time sometimes. And ofcourse there is nothing wrong with that but it can go easier in my eyes.

The idea.
We already have a list of mods that are allowed or not. (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/allowed-mods-and-clients.228596/) I would love to see a list like this but with allowed words and not allowed words, but Yoshi you can't set all words in the world in a list? True! for the allowed words you can put 'toxic' words what are not that friendly but you're allowed to say. And for the non allowed words ofcourse all the words that are not allowed. How do i love to see it? Look down here.

Example:
Allowed words
(word 1)
(word 2)

Unallowed words
(word 1)
(word 2)

Let me know what you think of this! And have a great day :D

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Sure, it'd be nice to have, but I feel like it's kind of impossible to cover every single word in a thread. Also, chat offenses usually require context - 1 word can be punishable if it's used in the wrong context, but if it's used with a wholly different meaning it may not be punishable.

I don't necessarily disagree with it, but I feel like it requires just too much work and it causes confusion for too little benefit.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Although I like the idea, I’m not so sure about the execution of it.

First of all, like Grove mentioned before, there is a younger crowd among us who also view these type of threads seeking help, knowledge or something else. I don’t think such a list should even be shared or made on a family-friendly platform.

Second, it is nearly impossible to cover every single word. Even if you do manage to cover every single word, it won’t prevent loopholes from being found. In fact, I think that by publishing such a list, it will be easier to find and use such loopholes to your “advantage” as a rulebreaker. Personally, I’m not very fond of this. Such a list can easily be abused.

Aside from this, there are also language specific words that are considered swearing, even when their translation is not. Again, the loopholes. And as for inappropriate chat behaviour that depends on the context, Finixly pretty much covered that.

That’s why I think there shouldn’t be such a list, even if it sounds like a lovely idea at first.

Reactions: Zerynn and Grove
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JustNathie wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday! 💜🎉
Oof I gotta find another way of getting rid of my boredom. I literally have a week's holiday and I don't know what to do. Definitely not artwork-
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday my friend!:D I wish you a great and fantastic day ^-^
Mintypie231 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Didn't realise it was your birthday. Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom