Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good thread?

• Total voters

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Labymods report

Like many people, I wonder; why are labymod reports not allowed?

The answer we always got was; You can change the names of people with labymod and make a false report.

See: Here

I started to think about this question:

Since you can change people their nicknames and give them tags, there has to be a list of the changed names somewhere, and sure enough there is a list in your menu. Since you have a list of the changed names, it is therefore possible to make a good report.

A better explanation:
I'm in a game, for example: SkyWars (solo)
During that game, I find someone named pietje', pietje is using illegal modifications, fly for example.
Unfortunately, at the moment I caught pietje cheating, I'm playing with labymod,
For example, I record 'pietje' using OBS,
Then, if I have enough evidence, I go on to the menu from labymod and show the names I have nicked;
For example
1. Dutchscary to: scary
2. Dutchvoid to: void

That's the whole list. So there's no "pietje" in there. I record all this and report 'pietje'

This is all recorded in one go without a cut or a a stop in the recording.

Is it allowed to report with laby on this way?

Greetings; DutchNub

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
This has been suggested before. But I think that would be too easy to edit it so it looks like you didn't change a name, even if you did change a name. I know that there are servers with plugins, which make it impossible to change names. I think that that would be a good addition for cubecraft. I know that the developers are busy, but I think that this would be a good invesment.

Last edited:

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Im disagree, because you can speend doing that arround 3m, and the staff cant lost that time.

D

Deleted member 469419

I'm in a game, for example: SkyWars (solo)
During that game, I find someone named pietje', pietje is using illegal modifications, fly for example.
Unfortunately, at the moment I caught pietje cheating, I'm playing with labymod,

Well, I think that for these kind of situations exist the /report command and you still have the chance that sentinel ban them really quickly

And about the suggestion itself; I voted no because as everyone is saying, it would take so much time to the staff team to review every single report made by labymod and also, sometimes it's pretty difficult to know if they've faked it or no.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
It is just so annoying that you can't report with LabyMod. A lot of people use it and it should really be allowed by now. It's just so stupid actually that you can't, as you literally see a pencil behind a nickname. To edit this out of your footage you need to take a huge effort. But fair enough, there could be other mods to disable this pencil mark, I don't know.

I also thought about this solution, showing your nickname list looks like a good solution to this problem. But Keanu made a good point that it will take staff too long if they have to watch the name list each time. If people just show their tags list each time for just 1 sec at the start of the video that would be fine, but this isn't always possible as sometimes you have to start your recording quickly when fighting a hacker for example. Also you just know some people will be slow with this which would just be annoying for staff members to see when handling a lot of reports at once. So at the end I don't think this is a good solution unfortunately.

I also saw a thread recently where someone talked about a plugin which prevents people from being abled to use nicknames on the server. This would - in my eyes - be the best solution to the problem. It was set to escalated as well, so let's hope they're working on adding this plugin to the server soon!

Also, just play with optifine or another mod if you really want to report people and otherwise just use the /report command (if you have a rank).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Top Bottom