Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Add curse of binding to the kit.
This is because people are now de-equipping armor and re-equipping to spread the armor damage over it.
This is not how the kit was intended, there are other kits for armor shenanigans.
The kit was intended to be simple, no food, no armor shenanigans, just hitting the opponent until the armor breaks.

D

Deleted member 346231

Yes, taking off armor to save durability is really cheap and boring, and it kinda shows the player is plainly bad at pvp, having to win by using some bs strategy. I most definitely agree.

Reactions: SenatorKarma

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This is because people are now de-equipping armor and re-equipping to spread the armor damage over it.
This is not how the kit was intended, there are other kits for armor shenanigans.
The kit was intended to be simple, no food, no armor shenanigans, just hitting the opponent until the armor breaks.

Yes, but that enchantment is made for a higher client CCG doesn't support.
So we will need to wait but good suggestion regardless.
+1

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I like the way Doc put it, cant really add on to that as it already has what I was thinking in it.
I like the idea.
+1

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Hello, I am not familiar with the kit you are talking about, may you please explain it for me?

I'm gonna assume it's like gapple? Full p4 diamond sharp 5. Strength speed and a stack of notches. Except no notch apples. It's a strategy to evenly distribute armor. Problems with keeping some armor off is the chance of being quick dropped.

Reactions: Sophie

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Hello, I am not familiar with the kit you are talking about, may you please explain it for me?

I'm gonna assume it's like gapple? Full p4 diamond sharp 5. Strength speed and a stack of notches. Except no notch apples. It's a strategy to evenly distribute armor. Problems with keeping some armor off is the chance of being quick dropped.
2018-02-05_18.26.57.png

Protection V and Unbreaking II on all the armour.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
If you get stuck in a combo and only wearing 3 pieces there is a chance that that could be the end right then and there. If someone wants to consume armor durability let them. If the strategy truly is that good just do it too.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
@effot
I created the kit, so trust me when I say I know exactly how it works and what its intentions are.
You know the official build UHC kit I hope? 2 stacks of blocks, enchanted diamond armor and sword, 2 lava and 2 water buckets, bow, 3 gaps and 3 heads. Players aren't allowed to place a lava bucket to shoot their arrow through!!! That wasn't what we intended the kit for. Guess what, it's a strategy. Players can use any kit however they want,both players have equal chances in no matter what in duels, if the strategy is better... Join them.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You know the official build UHC kit I hope? 2 stacks of blocks, enchanted diamond armor and sword, 2 lava and 2 water buckets, bow, 3 gaps and 3 heads. Players aren't allowed to place a lava bucket to shoot their arrow through!!! That wasn't what we intended the kit for. Guess what, it's a strategy. Players can use any kit however they want,both players have equal chances in no matter what in duels, if the strategy is better... Join them.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
If you mirror the other players actions, heal when they heal, have the same armor on as them. Then the only way you can lose is if they get more hits in then you. Just because you built a kit a certain way doesn't mean people cant make strategies to maximise what the kit gives you.
You can't make diamond hoes from the crafter kit, it wasn't intended this way. Just go on another server and play gapple then. It's basically the same thing but practically no one removed armor.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
If you mirror the other players actions, heal when they heal, have the same armor on as them. Then the only way you can lose is if they get more hits in then you. Just because you built a kit a certain way doesn't mean people cant make strategies to maximise what the kit gives you.
You can't make diamond hoes from the crafter kit, it wasn't intended this way. Just go on another server and play gapple then. It's basically the same thing but practically no one removed armor.
The kit isn't supposed to be that way and there are plenty of alternative kits where your strategy can be applied.
Just because something is possible doesn't mean it should be possible.
Before enderpearls were added to eggwars, there wan't really much you could do against campers. Does that mean you should just camp yourself and let the game "just be like that"? No, of course not.

Also, considering you didn't even know this kit existed, I highly doubt you have any knowledge of the kit or how it should work / how it works right now.

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The kit isn't supposed to be that way and there are plenty of alternative kits where your strategy can be applied.
Just because something is possible doesn't mean it should be possible.
Before enderpearls were added to eggwars, there wan't really much you could do against campers. Does that mean you should just camp yourself and let the game "just be like that"? No, of course not.

Also, considering you didn't even know this kit existed, I highly doubt you have any knowledge of the kit or how it should work / how it works right now.
Uhm... It's basically gapple... I knew about this style of kit before this kit existed... Remember players without full armor on get quickied easier. If ye can't beat em join em. Yes it is being cheeky but if it causes the win, do it.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Uhm... It's basically gapple...
No. It's everything but "basically gapple". As far as I know you haven't even played this kit, how can you possibly say you know exactly how it works?
I knew about this style of kit before this kit existed... Remember players without full armor on get quickied easier
With this whole kit it's impossible to get "quickied", but of course you didn't know because you didn't take the time to actually try to figure out how this kit even works.
If ye can't beat em join em

I'm done arguing with you. You're just repeating the same points which make no sense and showing you have no knowledge of what you're actually talking about.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
No. It's everything but "basically gapple". As far as I know you haven't even played this kit, how can you possibly say you know exactly how it works?

With this whole kit it's impossible to get "quickied", but of course you didn't know because you didn't take the time to actually try to figure out how this kit even works.

I'm done arguing with you. You're just repeating the same points which make no sense and showing you have no knowledge of what you're actually talking about.
Strong armor, decent sword. Have to break armor to actually do damage. There is like two differences between it and gapple. No gapples instead regeneration III and resistance. Second p5 iron instead of 2 sets p4 diamond. What's the difference? The "if you can't beat em join em doesn't really apply to camping. It doesn't give anyone an advantage. It slows the game down. Changing armor does make the game longer, but it actually benefits one of the players and pretty evidently, enough so you are complaining about them. If you mirror your opponents every move you will tie, of you mirror their armor then the person with the most hits will win.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Strong armor, decent sword. Have to break armor to actually do damage
nah its pretty possible to kill someone there without breaking the armor.

"if you cant beat em join em"
The kit is not meant to be that way, period.
"just deal with it it is how it is"
If the inventor of a car later decides he wanted to add seatbelts to them, I wouldn't say "just deal with it, it is how it is" either.
You're still using the same arguments.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
If they want to theres no problem with that. They are sacrificing damage over armor durability.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Yes this is exactly what always annoys me. By taking off 2 pieces of armor, it takes twice as much time to break through all the armor.
Maybe add a poll? :P

Xoko

Aug 17, 2016
U.S.A.
From personal experience, it doesn't really matter if my opponent prefers to take their gear off in Shell Kit because usually they take off 2 pieces, and due to the regen not being high enough then I can just crit them to death and cause them to die without having to even break their gear. Now ofc the obvious counter to this would be to only take off one piece (like the boots or the helmet) however, when it comes to both of your gear breaking, you're usually gonna kill your opponent anyway even if they still have that remaining helmet or boot since you can out-combo or out-crit them. If you don't then ya you're screwed unless you just run and regen and then re-engage, however that's where personal experience comes in your favor or not so ye. And if your enemy takes off their pants only or their chestplate, then you can still just outcrit them and drop them.

Basically, I don't find players who take off 1 or 2 pieces of gear to be an issue because if they do, then I just simply encourage them to put the gear back on by pressuring them with crits since if they dont, then they'll die before their gear even breaks. And if they take off just a helmet or just their boots then I'll still be able to outcrit them anyway if we're both low. Only one piece is not much of an advantage.

Now in the Armor kit with the steak and extra pieces, yeah if they take gear off then you'll have to take gear off due to the diff regen in it.

Reactions: matcha
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom