Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like My suggestion And do you think it should be implemented

• Total voters

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
My comments in the other thread (https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/bring-back-the-kits.19656/) about this topic:
"If it would be implented and if there was a rankup system like Sevenade78 suggested it would be really hard for new players to join. They would be instant killed. Not much fun in my opinion."
"You get the first kit for free (as usual) and after a special amount of kills a new and better kit will be enabled which you can buy."

So the second point would at least prevent that players would upgrade too fast.
After a special amount of kills they are allowed to buy a new kit. They don´t just get it for free.
Seems a bit unfair but would make it a bit harder since earning all the points to buy the kits will be harder than getting enough kills to get the kits.

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
My comments in the other thread (https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/bring-back-the-kits.19656/) about this topic:
"If it would be implented and if there was a rankup system like Sevenade78 suggested it would be really hard for new players to join. They would be instant killed. Not much fun in my opinion."
"You get the first kit for free (as usual) and after a special amount of kills a new and better kit will be enabled which you can buy."

So the second point would at least prevent that players would upgrade too fast.
After a special amount of kills they are allowed to buy a new kit. They don´t just get it for free.
Seems a bit unfair but would make it a bit harder since earning all the points to buy the kits will be harder than getting enough kills to get the kits.
That's exactly what I mean, thanks :P

xSpeechlessMoob

Dec 6, 2013
Okay thank you all for your comments especially @halothe23 as you're the one who can implement this. Personally the reason I thought kills is the best way is because it makes the best PvP possible If you implement dying then people can just choose to spawn up high and jump off and just spam like that so its easily exploitable or they could just run at people with no armour and this would be a win win for both parties as you would both get a point towards next tier kits and I think that if you make the next tier kits very high then it would be an extreme grind to get to the kit so only the Extremely dedicated would get to tier 6 as you would have to play for hours and days to get those kits Its kind of like how (edit: mentioning another server) do it ( personally I don't like the server but i like there class system for all there games ) also I don't know if this is allowed because of the Eula but could you sell points ?? so lets say you get a kill and you get a point but you can also buy points on the server so this would appeal to those who aren't the best at PvP like @Sevenade78 said and maybe you could come up with other ways to get points E.g. make a Parkour in the lobby and if you complete it you get 100 points and you can also vote for points this makes it so even if people aren't the best at PvP they can still work hard at the other things like voting ever day and E.g. the Parkour 100 points resets every month/ week. These are all just ideas I've come up with in like the past 5 minutes because I've played Minecraft since 1.7 beta and in all my time on Minecraft no server has been as fun as CCG Kit PvP was and still can be. Also you could make it so 1 kill = a point and if you died maybe get 0.5 of a point and maybe 0.5 points for an assist or you could come up with another way to get such points. I mean I've rambled on a lot but its only because I love the server so much and at the moment it lags a lot and is very boring because there is nothing to work for or to achieve. Also @Tacosbefriends there are lots of server which have those kinds of PvP and I don't like them maybe CCG could make a different server which is that kind of PvP but personally I don't think CCG should change what was there greatest game into some cheap game which will be exploited and boring The kits that they had were very good and balanced And lastly the title of the thread is Kit PvP back to glory not change kit PvP ... ( If anyone else has any ideas based on this I would love to hear them.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Walker_Walkis

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
I don't know if this is allowed because of the Eula but could you sell points
Selling points does violate the Eula. Since some players might not have the money to buy them = unfair advantage.
However even if it wasn´t against it I don´t think in game points should be sold. Players often tell in chat/on ts (from my experience) how many points they have. It is like a ranking - who is the best? Selling them would more or less mean selling the wins. There isn´t really a point in winning then anymore. You could buy everything on the server. There wouldn´t be any need to win or even play any game anymore.
It would get really boring in a couple of weeks.

make a Parkour in the lobby
We do have a parkour in kitpvp 2. If you complete if you get full iron armour (enchanted) I think.

1 kill = a point and if you died maybe get 0.5 of a point and maybe 0.5 points for an assist
Do you mean that players should lose point when they die?

The kits that they had were very good and balanced
We just removed the kits for the donator ranks. We still have the ones for the stone ranks (kitpvp 1 + 2) and we have op kits in kitpvp 3
It is all about equal chances. And you can always buy armour/weapons etc. in the shop.

Last edited:

Maceshank

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2014
Oslo, Norway.
The old kits were gross. Why not make new custom kits with special abilities? Suicide bomber is the only kit with a non-vanilla attack strategy. Sure, we could bring back protection diamond armor and blah blah blah, or we could have a Pokémon Master kit that gets a snowball every 10 seconds that spawns a random mob where it lands. Just sayin'. The potential is there.
I really like that idea. We could EDIT the old kits to refresh them? Or we could even make crazy and wild ones which in my opinion sounds pretty fun.

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
Okay thank you all for your comments especially @halothe23 as you're the one who can implement this. Personally the reason I thought kills is the best way is because it makes the best PvP possible If you implement dying then people can just choose to spawn up high and jump off and just spam like that so its easily exploitable or they could just run at people with no armour and this would be a win win for both parties as you would both get a point towards next tier kits and I think that if you make the next tier kits very high then it would be an extreme grind to get to the kit so only the Extremely dedicated would get to tier 6 as you would have to play for hours and days to get those kits Its kind of like how (edit: mentioning another server) do it ( personally I don't like the server but i like there class system for all there games ) also I don't know if this is allowed because of the Eula but could you sell points ?? so lets say you get a kill and you get a point but you can also buy points on the server so this would appeal to those who aren't the best at PvP like @Sevenade78 said and maybe you could come up with other ways to get points E.g. make a Parkour in the lobby and if you complete it you get 100 points and you can also vote for points this makes it so even if people aren't the best at PvP they can still work hard at the other things like voting ever day and E.g. the Parkour 100 points resets every month/ week. These are all just ideas I've come up with in like the past 5 minutes because I've played Minecraft since 1.7 beta and in all my time on Minecraft no server has been as fun as CCG Kit PvP was and still can be. Also you could make it so 1 kill = a point and if you died maybe get 0.5 of a point and maybe 0.5 points for an assist or you could come up with another way to get such points. I mean I've rambled on a lot but its only because I love the server so much and at the moment it lags a lot and is very boring because there is nothing to work for or to achieve. Also @Tacosbefriends there are lots of server which have those kinds of PvP and I don't like them maybe CCG could make a different server which is that kind of PvP but personally I don't think CCG should change what was there greatest game into some cheap game which will be exploited and boring The kits that they had were very good and balanced And lastly the title of the thread is Kit PvP back to glory not change kit PvP ... ( If anyone else has any ideas based on this I would love to hear them.)

Theres a new line button on your keyboard, for the sake of people reading your message, use it.

What I had in mind was that it would dynamically allow you to use kits.

Say theres kit level 1, and it unlocks if you die 10 times it unlocks it, you get 10 kills and it locks it again, then you get another 10 kills and unlocks it again because you've done a total of 10 kills, whenever you die it takes away N kills from your skills and locks/unlocks kits because of it, same with kills when you're at the minus level. And this would be reset to 0 every day/week/month/whatever.

If you don't understand it, view it as a line, as such:

<-- -5 -- -4 -- -3 -- -2 -- -1 -- 0 -- +1 -- +2 -- +3 -- +4 --+5 -->

So say you're at 0, and kit 1 gets unlocked at either -5 and below or +5 and above, you're subtracting points from this kill score every time you die, and adding back for each kill you make, so you can get it both ways, and balance in the middle. If you're high up in the skills chain, and people start killing you very often, you start going down as you're obviously not really good anymore, so you need to make up for those again, same with deaths, if you start getting good, it will be harder as good kits will start getting locked again as you go up to 0 again.

I think this may be either a really good idea, or a really bad one. In my mind it would seem like a system like this would provide continuous balance between existing players and new players.

If a new guy comes on he will start getting killed by players with high skill rankings, which puts that new guy far into the minus levels, which will automatically unlock better kits (as they go both ways), and as such he has a chance to be able to actually kill people with much better kits then him, which in return get their skills lowered as they get killed, and ups the new players skill which leads to both being able to only access lower ranking kits.

This in my mind would create complete equality between good and new/not so good players, where everyone has a chance to master it in some fashion. And stops anyone from being able to camp in one position of the scale.

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
Theres a new line button on your keyboard, for the sake of people reading your message, use it.

What I had in mind was that it would dynamically allow you to use kits.

Say theres kit level 1, and it unlocks if you die 10 times it unlocks it, you get 10 kills and it locks it again, then you get another 10 kills and unlocks it again because you've done a total of 10 kills, whenever you die it takes away N kills from your skills and locks/unlocks kits because of it, same with kills when you're at the minus level. And this would be reset to 0 every day/week/month/whatever.

If you don't understand it, view it as a line, as such:

<-- -5 -- -4 -- -3 -- -2 -- -1 -- 0 -- +1 -- +2 -- +3 -- +4 --+5 -->

So say you're at 0, and kit 1 gets unlocked at either -5 and below or +5 and above, you're subtracting points from this kill score every time you die, and adding back for each kill you make, so you can get it both ways, and balance in the middle. If you're high up in the skills chain, and people start killing you very often, you start going down as you're obviously not really good anymore, so you need to make up for those again, same with deaths, if you start getting good, it will be harder as good kits will start getting locked again as you go up to 0 again.

I think this may be either a really good idea, or a really bad one. In my mind it would seem like a system like this would provide continuous balance between existing players and new players.

If a new guy comes on he will start getting killed by players with high skill rankings, which puts that new guy far into the minus levels, which will automatically unlock better kits (as they go both ways), and as such he has a chance to be able to actually kill people with much better kits then him, which in return get their skills lowered as they get killed, and ups the new players skill which leads to both being able to only access lower ranking kits.

This in my mind would create complete equality between good and new/not so good players, where everyone has a chance to master it in some fashion. And stops anyone from being able to camp in one position of the scale.
I love the idea, since it is good for everyone, the only problem: it is pretty hard to understand for some newcomers, but thatd be the only problem
maybe you could come up with other ways to get points
You can gain points in (I think) every game (e.g. Skywars kill 3 points win:25 points)

xSpeechlessMoob

Dec 6, 2013
@halothe23 Yh sorry about not using the enter button I'm dyslexic and I'm really excited because when I first made the post I thought some mod would just be like this idea wont work "thread locked " but then I remembered that this server has the best staff ever :D.

I do like your idea as well however say a new player joins and does bad and gets good kits then he will start to get kills and get worse kits as hes in the minus already and then he gets stuck between dieing with a bad kit and getting kills with a good kit but in the minus (if you know what I mean)

I think that the reset thing solves all problems of new players being bad say if it resets every time you come on then when you first come on the server there will be people from 1-6 tier and you get like 10 kills and get an upgrade and then half an hour later you get tier 3 and as this happens new people join and some leave and it creates a nice chain as long as you can get the right balance or kills to tiers and if you stayed on for say 3 hours you have tier 6 and therefore you dont want to leave because you had to work so hard ( this means more people on the server :D )

What I can see is there are a few options for the way to get kits.

Option A: People are only rewarded by kills and deaths on the scale and they will get kits based on that
Option B: People are rewarded for kills and rewarded for parkour and voting and such to get Points to get kits.

There is also two options about the kits.

Option A: Once you earn a kit it stays with you and there will be no resets so if Op A ^ then the slider / scale wont change and if Op B ^ then it will be a serious grind.
Option B: Resets occur each log in / day / week / month if Op A ^ then the scale will work very nice as you have to regain tier 6 each day/ week etc or if Op B ^ then you will have to grind but it wont be so bad and you can just get back the points that month / week ect.

Personally any of the options will be amazing in my opinion and I'm honestly so excited for what is coming in the ( hopefully) near future for Kit PvP

xSpeechlessMoob

Dec 6, 2013
@Sevenade78 What I meant was that points are exclusive per game so points in Kit PvP are different to sky wars so I was talking about other ways to get points for Kit PvP

@Saradabaschi I thought that because you can get the points by kills then if you buy the points it would still be ok by the eula and also points would be very expensive for a player to max out there kits and also if you say that would be boring then just think of all the Obsidian donaters from before because thats what they did...

and also about the points think I just suggested you would gain points in different ways E.g. if you die you get some points and same with an assist so people who aren't the best at killing will still be able to get points.

@everyone who commented. Thank you all for a reply and I hope we can all work together to make a Kit PvP that everyone enjoys :D

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
@Sevenade78 What I meant was that points are exclusive per game so points in Kit PvP are different to sky wars so I was talking about other ways to get points for Kit PvP

@Saradabaschi I thought that because you can get the points by kills then if you buy the points it would still be ok by the eula and also points would be very expensive for a player to max out there kits and also if you say that would be boring then just think of all the Obsidian donaters from before because thats what they did...

and also about the points think I just suggested you would gain points in different ways E.g. if you die you get some points and same with an assist so people who aren't the best at killing will still be able to get points.

@everyone who commented. Thank you all for a reply and I hope we can all work together to make a Kit PvP that everyone enjoys :D
Let's wait until my poll ends (Sunday this week), we'll see what the results tell us

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

RobinDn wrote on Fesa's profile.
It has been to long :D
RobinDn wrote on Kloska's profile.
Congrats Quacky! :D
qKhalidd wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on Kloska's profile.
GRATTIS ANKA
Had some internet issues last week and went on a weekend getaway to an amusement park with my bf, but I'm back to grind and have fun on cube again :)
I missed u guys >.>
Top Bottom