Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Feb 13, 2021
Hi!
I play Among Slimes alot, and I noticed a problem, and would like to discuss it and offer a solution. The problem is that some of the players are new. I mean really new. To like.. Earth. So all it takes is someone saying "Yellow", and Yellow is voted off by 27 people instantly without any proper discussion or detective work, or deaths. People have this desire to be with the group. This problem is caused by the youth- emotionally charged decisions rather than logical based decisions.

So there is this thing known as a Jester. What is it? It's a special crewmate that has all of the tasks completed at the start of the game. It's a cremate and cannot use any Imposter abilities. If the Jester is voted off (only voted off), then the Jester wins, and ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE ELSE LOSES. Crew, Imposters... everyone. There is just one winner.

The strategy then changes. Imposters can therefore say, is he the Jester? Imposters would be harder to identify. Jesters can be killed like normal crewmates. This would absolutely put an end to trolling and put an end to the mass "Yellow sus" destruction. If you vote a Jester, you lose- so vote CAREFULLY! It forces actual detectivework to replace the emotional guesswork currently employed by the community.

But, sometimes that guesswork is fun. So maybe 1 out of every 20 or so games could have an announcement (one of the crewmate is a Jester). This changes 1 out of 20 games, and the more seasoned veterans can say "Well, thank goodness, an actual game where people vote based upon evidence...".

It's a small addition with big implications. It can be a ranked vote prior to the game (like selecting a color) or ranked votes weigh twice or something along those lines. Should be simple to code.

-18C

Reactions: Conea64

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
I'll assume you got this idea from the Among us community that makes custom roles, and as good as it sounds, Among Slimes is a recreation of among us. Plus, the jester might be a troll and get people to vote the jester off as a troll. Finally, what is the Jester is killed? Can't vote them off if they are dead.
"every 20 games" remember that it could be someones 5th game and someone elses 62nd game in a lobby.
Another thing, the jester can say random names without consequence since they cant be voted off

The idea is nice, but it is a little flawed. If someone finds a solid solution to these problems, ping me. I'd love to hear :)

Feb 13, 2021
I'll assume you got this idea from the Among us community that makes custom roles, and as good as it sounds, Among Slimes is a recreation of among us. Plus, the jester might be a troll and get people to vote the jester off as a troll. Finally, what is the Jester is killed? Can't vote them off if they are dead.
"every 20 games" remember that it could be someones 5th game and someone elses 62nd game in a lobby.
Another thing, the jester can say random names without consequence since they cant be voted off

The idea is nice, but it is a little flawed. If someone finds a solid solution to these problems, ping me. I'd love to hear :)

That's the idea of jester- To get voted off. Absolutely. The whole point of jestering is to get voted off.. So if they troll, they would not be voted. If they make it to the end- even voting themselves, Crew wins. So the incentive is to NOT troll, because it would be obvious, just like it's important to not act like an imposter, when imposter, unless you get voted off. This idea was taken from the Among Us Mod, the Jester Mod. So I would encourage a quick look at that.

The idea is that a jester can only win by being voted off. The Jester will act like an imposter. The crew will stop voting wildly, and the imposters will try to act crew. If a Jester is imposter killed, it's just as a crew member has died. It is unknown when a jester has been killed.

Here's a youtube video. In the first 2 minutes, it shows a Jester being voted off. Notice the problem- Everyone says "Sus Yellow" and they vote WILDLY. This is a problem the JesterMod fixes.
Do you think it's flawed? The only flaw I see is in my ability to explain.

Feb 13, 2021
Sounds pretty decent then

Dont roast me like that xp, I wasnt trying to diss your idea, I didnt get the idea of Jester because I didnt see this particular mod.

It sounds pretty interesting I'll give it that
Please try to understand- I wasn't trying to roast anyone, except maybe myself. You said the idea was flawed... and I said the idea is well thought out and not mine... I just suck at explaining.

I'm not sure how I offended, but that was never my intention! I'm very sorry.

Reactions: Katsia Stray

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Please try to understand- I wasn't trying to roast anyone, except maybe myself. You said the idea was flawed... and I said the idea is well thought out and not mine... I just suck at explaining.

I'm not sure how I offended, but that was never my intention! I'm very sorry.
Dont worry about it! I know explaining is pretty difficult since I'm bad at it myself.
I think itd be cool to have either a random game with Jester, or make it a choice, since ranked voting would make it always or never (like OP sky lmao)

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I Like the idea

Dont worry about it! I know explaining is pretty difficult since I'm bad at it myself.
I think itd be cool to have either a random game with Jester, or make it a choice, since ranked voting would make it always or never (like OP sky lmao)
but instead of making it like every # of games ill say make ranks like Diamond or higher to be able to vote like
@Katsia Stray suggested

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
I'm sorry but I definitely would despise a role like this in Among Slimes. A Jester role would ruin so many mechanics of the game. How are you supposed to catch the impostor faking a task, for example? For all you know it might be the Jester faking the task on purpose. The only way to call out an impostor would be to directly see them kill. And even after that, other crewmates might think you're the jester or might not believe you at all.

Also, what's the point of a special role that has all the tasks completed in the beginning? Does that vary from a role not having tasks at all?

I just think that the Jester role would require vigilance to a degree where most strategies for catching the impostor would be ruined. Everyone would be too scared to accuse anyone, and that's bad.

Also, there are a lot of trollers in among slimes who call a meeting immediately and say "it's me"; if the Jester role gets added there will be no way of telling if the person is a trolling crewmate, the jester, or the impostor pretending to be the jester.

Too much confusion for a not-really-needed role, I would say.

Feb 13, 2021
I'm sorry but I definitely would despise a role like this in Among Slimes. A Jester role would ruin so many mechanics of the game. How are you supposed to catch the impostor faking a task, for example? For all you know it might be the Jester faking the task on purpose. The only way to call out an impostor would be to directly see them kill. And even after that, other crewmates might think you're the jester or might not believe you at all.

Also, what's the point of a special role that has all the tasks completed in the beginning? Does that vary from a role not having tasks at all?

I just think that the Jester role would require vigilance to a degree where most strategies for catching the impostor would be ruined. Everyone would be too scared to accuse anyone, and that's bad.

Also, there are a lot of trollers in among slimes who call a meeting immediately and say "it's me"; if the Jester role gets added there will be no way of telling if the person is a trolling crewmate, the jester, or the impostor pretending to be the jester.

Too much confusion for a not-really-needed role, I would say.
I think you've got the idea, but are looking at it from a different angle than me. The overall idea is that if you have people who accuse without proof and vote out without proof because one guy mentions a color- that's bad. The guy could be an imposter, or a mistaken crewmember. Saying that they would be too afraid to vote is exactly the point. It makes for more intense games, and it's easy to tell them apart. Jesters are like Imposters who can't kill. You eventually gain a sense for who is who, just like how you differentiate between Imposter and crew.

The whole point is to eliminate trolling by incorporating a bit of it. That way, someone trying to troll to get voted off would be ignored- and that becomes a viable strategy for the imposters. There will always be this fear when voting- not just for crew, but for imposters as well. It keeps everyone in line. From what I'm reading you understand this and are against the idea, whereas I'm for it.

I think that's fair, so it should have a "This is a Jester game" at the start, so those who don't want it can /leave... And I was thinking 1 in 20 ought to be enough to train people how not to vote me off with no proof.

*ahem* I mean yellow. Not to vote off yellow.

rip yellow. :-)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
Top Bottom