Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

h0pefulll

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
new maps are cool and all, but why are some getting removed, even temporarily? what's the matter with extra variety? this happened to a much larger extent with the pre-1.19 java culling and i never got a good answer for why the map removals happened.

when i mentioned in a post a while back i like splatoon, map rotations was not what i meant

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
new maps are cool and all, but why are some getting removed, even temporarily? what's the matter with extra variety? this happened to a much larger extent with the pre-1.19 java culling and i never got a good answer for why the map removals happened.

when i mentioned in a post a while back i like splatoon, map rotations was not what i meant
Having more maps does require more maintenance when configs change (emerald region for EggWars being added for example), especially when we have Java and MCO maps in different worlds with slightly different config locations.

Everyone will have a favourite map. The likelihood of that showing up with 20+ maps for specific game modes becomes drastically lower.

Smaller map pool allows us to be more flexible with changes and still retaining that fresh feel

h0pefulll

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Having more maps does require more maintenance when configs change (emerald region for EggWars being added for example), especially when we have Java and MCO maps in different worlds with slightly different config locations.
Yeah, that makes sense, and if gameplay updates become more frequent, it would make this whole rotations thing completely understandable to me.

Everyone will have a favourite map. The likelihood of that showing up with 20+ maps for specific game modes becomes drastically lower.
I suppose that's true, but what if your favourite map gets removed from rotation? It'd be at least three months (and from the wording of the post possibly more) until a removed map gets brought back. That'd suck a lot, and I don't think players would prefer to have their favourite map completely impossible to play on for long periods of time compared to being a bit less likely to play on it all the time. How are the chosen removed maps decided upon?

Smaller map pool allows us to be more flexible with changes and still retaining that fresh feel
For the short term, the fresh feel is given. But as time goes on, the new maps become standard as players get used to them. I suppose as long as more maps are added than maps are removed this isn't really a big problem, but wouldn't it be better to just have the new maps have a higher chance of being selected higher temporarily after updates? This'd still create a "fresh feel" while still keeping no fans of particular maps unhappy.

But, thank you for the quick reply and I understand why the rotations system is in place, though I disagree that it should be in place (and I mostly wanted my opinion heard as few in the thread seemed to have commented much on the removals). Regardless, new/returning maps to play every 3 months will abosutely be exciting to look forward to! Thank you.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
Top Bottom