Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hi hi,

Was playing around with the /title command the other day and I came up with a few fun animations :) These are pretty basic, but if combined together/looped could result in very cool stuff!

We'll get things started with some basic ones!

XqXmMhq.gif

qxlrkUS.gif

And here are a few more advanced animations..

JZ3jpzt.gif

tVHWhtJ.gif

And my favourite, the typewriter animation! I did a lot of tweaking to make sure the timing was near perfection! I'm really pleased with the result.

f9pIUbz.gif

Thanks for checking out, stay cool x
~ Riley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
@SanCookie wanted credit so here ya go sweetie :) x

And while I'm at it, I'll reveal some code behind two of these animations

This was the code for the basic red animation

JhFSZep.png

Aaaaand this was the code for the second advanced animation (where the red letter travels through the phrase "Hello world!")

6qOrQQ6.png

So yeah, it's nothing too difficult but just super tedious. Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy, actually!

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh, yes! I adore and love everything that involves command block/ commands. I myself am really excellent with them. And to see this beautiful creation made without too much extra command lines (except the usage of an amorstand) just makes my heart melt! Thank you for this blessed post!
CrispCourteousAnt-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Priley

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
@SanCookie wanted credit so here ya go sweetie :) x

And while I'm at it, I'll reveal some code behind two of these animations

This was the code for the basic red animation

JhFSZep.png

Aaaaand this was the code for the second advanced animation (where the red letter travels through the phrase "Hello world!")

6qOrQQ6.png

So yeah, it's nothing too difficult but just super tedious. Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy, actually!
Looks pretty cool!

I am curious on why you are using an armor stand for your timer. It seems a bit unecessary to have another entity in the world for the sole purpose of counting. You could just set any sort of characters as a scoreboard player and use that as your timer. That way your program doesn't break if the armor stand gets unloaded. I also believe that if you use a # as a prefix for a player name in scoreboard, it doesn't showup on the sidebar at all meaning you don't have to deal with a long string of characters that make up an armor stand's identification.

So you could use
execute if score #Timer timer matches 1 run title @a ....
where #Timer is the player name. Then just change the number to whatever timer number you needed for that line.

Just a tip that could help reduce some of the tedious repetitive bits and helps keep the code more readable. Keep it up!

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Looks pretty cool!

I am curious on why you are using an armor stand for your timer. It seems a bit unecessary to have another entity in the world for the sole purpose of counting. You could just set any sort of characters as a scoreboard player and use that as your timer. That way your program doesn't break if the armor stand gets unloaded. I also believe that if you use a # as a prefix for a player name in scoreboard, it doesn't showup on the sidebar at all meaning you don't have to deal with a long string of characters that make up an armor stand's identification.

So you could use
execute if score #Timer timer matches 1 run title @a ....
where #Timer is the player name. Then just change the number to whatever timer number you needed for that line.

Just a tip that could help reduce some of the tedious repetitive bits and helps keep the code more readable. Keep it up!
Thanks for the feedback! Though, old habits die hard I guess? :P

Reactions: Rawrbin
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
Top Bottom