Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
!! PERSONAL OPINION. NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE. !!

I totally agree with you on this one. CubeCraft used to be one of the most popular servers, but nowadays it's just falling apart more and more. It just feels like they are not even trying to stand out. Take a moment to look at other servers for example. No reason to name any names, since people will consider it as an advertisement. But just take a look at the others, (talking about the 1000+ ones). They are consistently improving, trying to release better content then there is already out there, just overall improvement. With the TNT game release my opinions just got an extra argument. It looks like it has been made in like 2 maybe 3 days. It just doesn't fit... The idea is pretty cool, but the outcome is so poorly.

Here, at CubeCraft I am getting the feeling that they are not even trying to be one of the biggest anymore... It's such a shame to me. Cube used to be one of my favorite servers to play on when I wanted to get a little distraction of all the hard working et cetera. And my feeling is coming more and more the truth. I mean look at CubeCraft in general.

Outdated gameplay.
All the game modes are about SkyWars, but with just a little twist. It is just all the same over and over.. the same style, same goal, same gameplay but just with 1 little change. Still worth to mention they did an amazing job at the Arcade Games rework, I had hope it was a push into the right direction but unfortunately it wasn't.
CubeCraft really should try some drugs to get some funky ideas. No.., but seriously.. Take a step into a different path, try something new instead of keeping it with the same old style we already know for years...

Take a look at this for example, a Dutch server, with my as a lead developer, we wanted to make a Lucky block gamemode, but it had to be new and refreshing so we came up with a new way of opening those lucky blocks.
5eddf17c505cf196020527e708bf41fa.gif

As you can see, it looks way more 'cooler' and 'fresh' than just mining an simple block. These small things will change a lot.. It doesn't seem like it will, but trust me.. it will change everything. Take a better look at gameplay details, and try to work out things more into the small details.

An outdated feeling in the lobbies.
Look at the vanity systems.. I do not need to explain more on this one I think. Almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

(And this one is 100% personal), the unprofessional way the server looks in general.
No playercount in the server selector, no 'pattern' in design across the network, too much usage of different colors in wrong places. And also; The server style do not fit the current builds. The builders at Cubecraft, holymoly, they can build so well, it looks fantastic, well detailed lobbies. But that just doesn't fit. Cubecraft it self as their network layout isn't well detailed at all.

I am going to cut if off right here, since I am kinda stealing your thread. But in case you're wondering, yes I know what I am talking about since I am the one running once of the biggest dutch servers at the moment. Game design is one of the most important things, and it just takes time and affort. But if we can pull it off to make such an succesful game with just an average of 800 players, with only 2 developers.. That means Cubecraft can do it too. And I have 100% trust in them. They just need to think out of the box for once and go on crazy, try some new things.

Again this is not hate. So please, do not hate on me for just my opinion, or my English grammar :$

F

Facelurite

Disagreed with almost everything in this thread.

Sure , get killstreaks and reqards for them. However the killstreak ideas you have proposed are broken. If aomeone manages to get a decend KStreak , they can get the gear to take it up to max , thereby acquring gear that makes them immortal.

Meh spawn protection ... whatever. They should not be able to damage us. If they try , they'll be killable.

Perhaps they should make the ores more common and even more interesting. I agree with most of the rest; I'd like a game on the water.

Next , perhaps the castles should be giarded by shulkers/wither skeletons/ blazes?

Against removing fall damage. I'm against removing vanilla features in general. As for obsidian... I'm against they way you siggested it.

Obsidian shoukd rarely be found underground or could be mined by combining lava and water , found underground.

F

Facelurite

!! PERSONAL OPINION. NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE. !!

I totally agree with you on this one. CubeCraft used to be one of the most popular servers, but nowadays it's just falling apart more and more. It just feels like they are not even trying to stand out. Take a moment to look at other servers for example. No reason to name any names, since people will consider it as an advertisement. But just take a look at the others, (talking about the 1000+ ones). They are consistently improving, trying to release better content then there is already out there, just overall improvement. With the TNT game release my opinions just got an extra argument. It looks like it has been made in like 2 maybe 3 days. It just doesn't fit... The idea is pretty cool, but the outcome is so poorly.

Here, at CubeCraft I am getting the feeling that they are not even trying to be one of the biggest anymore... It's such a shame to me. Cube used to be one of my favorite servers to play on when I wanted to get a little distraction of all the hard working et cetera. And my feeling is coming more and more the truth. I mean look at CubeCraft in general.

Outdated gameplay.
All the game modes are about SkyWars, but with just a little twist. It is just all the same over and over.. the same style, same goal, same gameplay but just with 1 little change. Still worth to mention they did an amazing job at the Arcade Games rework, I had hope it was a push into the right direction but unfortunately it wasn't.
CubeCraft really should try some drugs to get some funky ideas. No.., but seriously.. Take a step into a different path, try something new instead of keeping it with the same old style we already know for years...

Take a look at this for example, a Dutch server, with my as a lead developer, we wanted to make a Lucky block gamemode, but it had to be new and refreshing so we came up with a new way of opening those lucky blocks.
5eddf17c505cf196020527e708bf41fa.gif

As you can see, it looks way more 'cooler' and 'fresh' than just mining an simple block. These small things will change a lot.. It doesn't seem like it will, but trust me.. it will change everything. Take a better look at gameplay details, and try to work out things more into the small details.

An outdated feeling in the lobbies.
Look at the vanity systems.. I do not need to explain more on this one I think. Almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

(And this one is 100% personal), the unprofessional way the server looks in general.
No playercount in the server selector, no 'pattern' in design across the network, too much usage of different colors in wrong places. And also; The server style do not fit the current builds. The builders at Cubecraft, holymoly, they can build so well, it looks fantastic, well detailed lobbies. But that just doesn't fit. Cubecraft it self as their network layout isn't well detailed at all.

I am going to cut if off right here, since I am kinda stealing your thread. But in case you're wondering, yes I know what I am talking about since I am the one running once of the biggest dutch servers at the moment. Game design is one of the most important things, and it just takes time and affort. But if we can pull it off to make such an succesful game with just an average of 800 players, with only 2 developers.. That means Cubecraft can do it too. And I have 100% trust in them. They just need to think out of the box for once and go on crazy, try some new things.

Again this is not hate. So please, do not hate on me for just my opinion, or my English grammar :$
Just make a suggestion . Agreed with all here

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
Just make a suggestion . Agreed with all here
OFF-TOPIC: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/it-is-time-to-change.197205/#post-899898

ON-TOPIC:
Good ideas so +1 but remember that its still in beta.
Beta? I can't see how this is a beta version of the game, it just misses the right things. Like the game design it self is just bad, the idea is pretty nice, and it can be very fun, but where is the design in this game? Nowhere to find, it feels more like an early Alpha stage for me.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
OFF-TOPIC: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/it-is-time-to-change.197205/#post-899898

ON-TOPIC:

Beta? I can't see how this is a beta version of the game, it just misses the right things. Like the game design it self is just bad, the idea is pretty nice, and it can be very fun, but where is the design in this game? Nowhere to find, it feels more like an early Alpha stage for me.
I have a theory on this, actually. Recently, I made a thread suggesting that games be beta tested before release, as to help resolve bugs and to have games be released with the highest quality possible. The way that this game was released, it just feels as though they added the 'beta' part to it an hour before the game was released, as to excuse its lack of content and poor premise. I mean, it was hyped up to be the next big thing, with thousands of Discord users being tagged and an active countdown to it being added to the centre of the directory. Only once it was released, did they tell us that it was a beta.

This game might definitely improve and be one hell of an enjoyable experience once the BETA ends, but consider this: Across the next two weeks, we will be getting two new games. Is it really likely that they'll be able to tweak the current game to the point where it's original and lives up to its hype, whilst simultaneously developing the other two games and tweaking them according to feedback?

Perhaps the other games should be released in two-week intervals rather than one-week intervals, as to give the developers more time to work on them. They also really need to point out beforehand that a game is a beta, rather than hyping it up and only telling us upon release.

i need water
Not necessarily water, but something that isn't sky combat. Imagine fighting on a moon base with Jump Boost X, being able to hop five blocks into the air to get to new areas. Or, fighting in Pripyat and certain areas are harmful to you, but you can earn a suit through gameplay which allows you to go to those otherwise dangerous areas, thereby making new routes available. There's so much that they could do with the massive resources that they have, yet they keep opting to put their games in the sky. It gets so old after a while :/

F

Facelurite

I have a theory on this, actually. Recently, I made a thread suggesting that games be beta tested before release, as to help resolve bugs and to have games be released with the highest quality possible. The way that this game was released, it just feels as though they added the 'beta' part to it an hour before the game was released, as to excuse its lack of content and poor premise. I mean, it was hyped up to be the next big thing, with thousands of Discord users being tagged and an active countdown to it being added to the centre of the directory. Only once it was released, did they tell us that it was a beta.

This game might definitely improve and be one hell of an enjoyable experience once the BETA ends, but consider this: Across the next two weeks, we will be getting two new games. Is it really likely that they'll be able to tweak the current game to the point where it's original and lives up to its hype, whilst simultaneously developing the other two games and tweaking them according to feedback?

Perhaps the other games should be released in two-week intervals rather than one-week intervals, as to give the developers more time to work on them. They also really need to point out beforehand that a game is a beta, rather than hyping it up and only telling us upon release.

Not necessarily water, but something that isn't sky combat. Imagine fighting on a moon base with Jump Boost X, being able to hop five blocks into the air to get to new areas. Or, fighting in Pripyat and certain areas are harmful to you, but you can earn a suit through gameplay which allows you to go to those otherwise dangerous areas, thereby making new routes available. There's so much that they could do with the massive resources that they have, yet they keep opting to put their games in the sky. It gets so old after a while :/
Jump boost X. Repeat that to yourself ten times.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Jump boost X. Repeat that to yourself ten times.
I've experimented with Jump Boost a lot on another server, and Jump Boost X will be most fitting for a space theme. You jump about 5/5.5 blocks, which could potentially make maps a lot more vertical if they were built with this effect in mind. It also couldn't be used very viably for escapes, since you move slower when in the air.

Hoebelpro

Novice Member
Jun 26, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
an applause for the creativity please

Reactions: Thiemo

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015

Totally agreed on this one. Especially the last part just fits perfectly on what I think of CCG at the moment. It's all based on SkyWars but just a little different. I would love to see some new things, for example, look at Arcade, well done, it's new, refreshing and just looks so good. But now with this game, it's just going back to the old roots.

F

Facelurite

oh wait a second . a few years ago (january 2017) i expuremented with jump boost. i believe it was jump boost 100 not 10 my mistake

lars.l

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Island Games can be summed up in one word: boring :/
Aside from the TNT feature, there isn't a single thing in this game that we haven't seen before, and that is really disappointing. The 'islands in the sky' gimmick is taken from every other game on the server, the ore mining is taken from UHC, and the whole game just feels really reminiscent of EggWars. Everything feels slow, from mining to bridging, from killing players who have iron armour, to bridging again.

Below are my thoughts on how to make this game better.

Incentive
Let's start with achievements and leaderboards...There aren't any. Players have no reason to play the objective (other than to end their boredom) because their wins are meaningless and cannot be compared to the best players the server has to offer. They also have no side-objectives to strive towards that could give them something else to do. Kills don't award anything, not even one measly point! I know that this is a 'BETA' game, but honestly, it feels as though they just threw that label on it yesterday to excuse the lack of content. This is the first change that should be done, for it has long-since become the standard for "Cubecraft's games" (heh) to have these features.

-Award one point for killing another player
-Award two experience for killing another player
-Award five points for every ten kills without dying
-Award fifteen experience for every ten kills without dying

Leaderboards

There should be two leaderboards for this game: one for the number of towers destroyed, and one for kills. Why not wins? Well, because you could end up doing all the work for your team, and still end up losing. This game is fairly difficult to understand after all, especially to le noobs. Not to mention that everybody on your team would get a win, yes all nineteen of them, despite you having done all the work.

Achievement suggestions

Name: The bigger they are...
Requirement: Kill fifteen players without dying
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: The harder they fall.
Requirement: Kill a player who is on a fifteen+ kill-streak
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: The castle crumbles
Requirement: Blow up both enemy towers in one game
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points

Name: Hasty detonator
Requirement: Blow up an enemy tower within 90 seconds of the game starting
Reward: 150 experience

Name: True challenge
Requirement: Win the game by earning the tier 6 kill-streak
Reward: 2,000 experience, 1,000 points, 3 cubelets

Name: Fragile fortress
Requirement: Lose the game within three minutes
Reward: 50 points, 1 bag of sympathy

Name: Master of Disguise
Requirement: Equip a set of the other team's armour
Reward: 100 experience

Name: Castle construction
Requirement: Place 372 blocks in one game
Reward: 200 experience

Name: Nomad
Requirement: Run 5,000 blocks in one game
Reward: 300 experience, 100 points

Name: Indestructible!
Requirement: Survive for thirty minutes
Reward: 350 experience, 2 cubelets

This is too bare-bones
There is absolutely nothing to do, aside from killing players and going for the objective. I propose adding kill-streaks, something that players have requested for many different games in the past. It was added to Paintball, though was very unrewarding since all you would get is a grenade.

Currently, you only receive leather armour upon spawning, with the ability to mine for iron armour be that you're willing to spend 30 seconds doing so. Mining is the most boring activity in Minecraft, so the fact that it's the only way to get better gear is disappointing. Perhaps this could work a bit better:

Note: You may select up to four kill-streak rewards, but only one per tier

Tier 1: Three kill-streak (default)
-Sharpness I iron sword
-Protection I chestplate

Tier 1: Three kill-streak (300 points)
-Power I bow
-16 arrows

Tier 1: Three kill-streak (300 points)
-Protection I iron platelegs
-Protection I iron chestplate

Tier 2: Five kill-streak (default)
-Protection II iron chestplate
-16 blocks

Tier 2: Five kill-streak (500 points)
-Sharpness I diamond sword
-Protection II iron platelegs

Tier 2: Five kill-streak (500 points)
-Power II bow
-12 arrows

Tier 3: Seven kill-streak (default)
-Sharpness II diamond sword
-Protection II diamond chestplate

Tier 3: Seven kill-streak (700 points)
-Protection II diamond platelegs

Tier 3: Seven kill-streak (700 points)
-Speed I potion (3:00)
-32 blocks

Tier 4: Ten kill-streak (1,000 points)
-Sharpness III diamond sword

Tier 4: Ten kill-streak (1,000 points)
-Protection II diamond platelegs

Tier 5: Fifteen kill-streak (100 wins)
-Protection II diamond boots
-Protection II diamond helmet

Tier 5: Fifteen kill-streak (100 wins)
-Punch I, Infinity I bow
-1 arrow

Tier 6: Thirty kill-streak (250 wins)
-
Wins the game for your team

More information in the lobby
All the lobby currently tells us, is to destroy the enemy castle whilst protecting our own. Nowhere does it mention where TNT spawns, how TNT works, how you are supposed to protect your castle and whether placing blocks on your beacon will protect it, or even that the beacons are what you're supposed to destroy. If players know what it is that they're supposed to be defending, then they'll probably end up having a lot more fun c:

More blocks
I reckon we should be able to either mine or earn different blocks, say obsidian, which can be used to protect our castles. Perhaps for every third kill we get without dying, we receive a piece of obsidian. This obsidian can then be used to shield our vulnerable towers. Maybe there are obsidian mines deep below our castles, which can be broken and then moved inside our towers.

Remove fall damage

View attachment 137255

"Attack from the sky!" Lol, I'm sure diving from 200 blocks in the air will catch them by surprise!

At the top of your castle you'll find this angry-looking fellow, who implies that you should bridge across from where he's standing. The only problem, is that you do not spawn in with enough blocks to be able to bridge to the safe horizon, and simply jumping down means certain death. Why not reward those who find this high-point, which takes forever to climb to? Removing fall damage won't really change the ground gameplay in any way, but will allow players to make diving points at the top of the map. This would add a lot of strategy, for you could take a much safer but slower sky bridge, and fall into combat.

Please get us out of the sky already!
I get that it's 'Island Games', but why can't that mean an island in the ocean or something? Please do something more unique with this game, it's so stale! It feels exactly like every other game on the server, and the reason I believe, is because of the sky gimmick. Nobody likes having to waste time bridging, nor do they find it pleasing to be hit off the map and losing a fight that they would otherwise have won. If they wanted to do that, they'd just play Skywars or Eggwars. It's also really awkward to fight people when they're four blocks above you, because they decided to bridge upwards to avoid being hit into the void when building.

Imagine spawning in on an island in the middle of the ocean, the boots that you spawn with having crazy Depth Strider or Frost Walker on them. You would be able to swim/run to the enemy castle, which could be this gigantic sandcastle beside a palm tree on an otherwise deserted island. THAT. WOULD. BE. AWESOME. The TNT could reside atop the shells of sea turtles or manta rays, and the weapons of choice could be highly damaging shovels, thereby giving us something different instead of "Eggwars but you instantly lose if your eggs break". Just try it for one map, and if it works out, then do it again. If it flops, then stick to the sky.

Add spawn protection
Allow me to explain to you all why this is needed:
View attachment 137256
Would you like me to explain it to you again? Lmao, we were trying to make the enemy team leave because the TNT and timer were broken.

Thnx for reading x

As for what I enjoy about the game, I love how there are going to be two other games coming soon. I'm not sure whether they're also going to be in BETA, but if so, please establish this before the game is released, or at least before you add a count-down to its release. I feel this particular game was greatly over-hyped for what it ended up being; an unfinished game that we've all seen before.

I also love how many players the game can support (20v20) :eek:
always nice idea you hope this will be done

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
From the OP of the thread announcing island games:
hub3rt said:
What does BETA mean?

You may notice that the game shows as being in BETA. This means that the game may have major changes made to it without any notice being given. We're going to be constantly working on all three of the Island Games, taking your thoughts into consideration. We're welcoming all feedback on our forums and will be listening to your feedback for changes you'd like to see.
Instead of using the fact that it's a beta as an excuse for how bad the game is, use it as a reason to improve the game.
I'm just reminding that the game's in beta so the things he suggested might be coming very soon.

Reactions: Facelurite

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
From the OP of the thread announcing island games:
I'm just reminding that the game's in beta so the things he suggested might be coming very soon.

You may notice that the game shows as being in BETA. This means that the game may have major changes made to it without any notice being given. We're going to be constantly working on all three of the Island Games, taking your thoughts into consideration. We're welcoming all feedback on our forums and will be listening to your feedback for changes you'd like to see.
That is not what a BETA version means of a game. BETA means that the game is ready to be released. It means you only should be tweaking a few little things like bugs that occur, balance changes, et cetera. Beta does not mean that you can just release a game without any cool features and just say ' yes guys it's Beta so expect new things.' That's just not how it works. They're falsely hyping new gamemodes and then after release, they just put it under 'beta' to prevent any criticism. Like @Cyqni said, they use it as an excuse. It's not in the BETA stage, and they won't change huge things unless they accept the facts that it didn't work out the way they wanted it to be.

Still having hope in this gamemode, it just needs a complete revamp of everything because it can be such an amazing game, and I really hope @hub3rt, (and others) do the right thing and finally starts thinking outside the box with new gamemodes. I know they are capable of doing it, since I've played TheChunk for a while, and they had amazing games, and not to forget to mention, it looked pretty good.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gonna play some java cubecraft
java username is "anonymousplayer9"
Xi1m wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
hbd
Xi1m wrote on dvodany's profile.
emesis blue sure is.. interesting
I came back to tell y'all that Minecraft pocket edition is now UNDER A DOLLAR (in my country) for Cubecraft's 15th birthday!
And it's like 20 dollars for pc, but still, UNDER 1 DOLLAR?
Should have bought Minecraft today- instead of like buying it 2 years ago.
Aight going offline again.
Mintypie231 wrote on human being's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉 🍰
Top Bottom