Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiflemanReedy

Jul 7, 2017
Alrighty, so this isn't a suggestion.

This is something that NEEDS to be added.

As I'm writing this, I am in the lobby that has so far had no less than 7 b-hoppers in the 3 hours I've been playing FFA today.

Usually, I don't mind hackers. They hack, I laugh, I record, report, they get banned. Simples.

Today, however, there have been 4 b-hoppers who everytime they log into the lobby start targeting me. Getting targeted by legit players is annoying enough, even more so when it's not possible to kill them. The player will spend some time targeting me, I'll record them, then Sentinel bans them. 10 minutes later, another b-hopper comes along and starts targeting me. They target me, I record them, Sentinel bans them, and 10 minutes later another comes along.

I asked some of my friends if they knew any mods, and in return I got told that IP bans aren't a thing on this server. PLEASE FIX THIS. IP bans are a must!

Yes, after getting IP banned you can just flush your DNS and create a new IP, but that at least gives me a little longer to enjoy my time on this server.

Needs to happen dude.

Reactions: Robbedz

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Not going to be a thing. It could effect a lot of innocent people.
Apparently some countries have a system where an entire block can share the same IP, meaning that a single stubborn b-hopper could cause a ban for everyone on the block that plays on Cubecraft.
Don't forget ever playing on a public internet source, which would cause all of the other accounts that have played on that maybe affecting yours depending on if they're banned. Wouldn't want to deal with an IP ban due to a random person cheating, would you?
And the most common case of where this would be unfair: Siblings/people in the same household. They all share an IP (usually), so a single ban could ruin it for everyone in the household. Just imagine how upset people would be with their roommates/siblings/friends.

RiflemanReedy

Jul 7, 2017
Just joined a game of Team Skywars, found another b-hopper. One moment fighting very well, next moment running way faster than any speed pot over the other side of mid.

And people tell me Watchdog is worse than Sentinel.

RiflemanReedy

Jul 7, 2017
Alright, Gainfull, I'll straight up say, I don't like you, never have, because your connection is complete cow dung. But, I'll put this dislike out of my mind for this reply.

The fact that you said all that shows your ignorance of IP addresses. Think of an IP address like the address to a house. Every house has its own unique IP. Yes, you say about multiple accounts per household - think of that like a building full of flats. You have the address for the building, then you have sub-addresses. Same for gadgets. There are numbers at the end of an IP that address the individual device. For instance, the last two numbers of my PC address is 10. My PS4 is 11 and my mum's laptop in 9.

It's possible.

You also talk about innocent people getting hurt. Every single mute and ban I have had I have been completely innocent in.

I see tens of people everyday who are completely innocent of the bans they have received.

Since when have staff be worried about adding an extra person to the list?

Yes, after getting IP banned you can just flush your DNS and create a new IP, but that at least gives me a little longer to enjoy my time on this server.
It's not just that, there are many more ways to easily bypass an IP ban. Hackers aren't that stupid, as soon as they find out about the IP bans they'll start looking for a way to bypass it. One off the easiest and most commonly used ways to bypass an IP ban is by using a VPN. Once it's installed and setup all of the hackers work is done, he won't have to worry about IP bans anymore and he can happily continue selecting new alts and hacking (which won't save you any time btw).
Even worse: what will happen if innocent people on the same network don't use/ know about methods like this?
I can already imagine everyone on a certain network being banned exept for the hacker himself... Kind of unfair isn't it?
Sorry but it doesn't look like this is ever going to happen. This same concept has been suggested so many times by now, if they wanted it to be implemented, it would've been implemented...

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Alright, Gainfull, I'll straight up say, I don't like you, never have, because your connection is complete cow dung. But, I'll put this dislike out of my mind for this reply.

The fact that you said all that shows your ignorance of IP addresses. Think of an IP address like the address to a house. Every house has its own unique IP. Yes, you say about multiple accounts per household - think of that like a building full of flats. You have the address for the building, then you have sub-addresses. Same for gadgets. There are numbers at the end of an IP that address the individual device. For instance, the last two numbers of my PC address is 10. My PS4 is 11 and my mum's laptop in 9.

It's possible.

You also talk about innocent people getting hurt. Every single mute and ban I have had I have been completely innocent in.

I see tens of people everyday who are completely innocent of the bans they have received.

Hope you realise that IP addresses are assigned to routers, not individual devices.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Irrelevant, but that's up to you. I wish I could do something about my horrible connection. Whether you like me or not is completely up to you, but won't really render my points invalid.
(Just as commission said) IP addresses are completely due to your router. These addresses are used to complete IP bans in servers.

Whether you were falsely banned/muted has nothing to do with someone who wasn't even ever reported in the first place. Why would we want to ban someone and their two siblings if the siblings are unfortunate enough to share an IP with the rulebreaker? Heck, put siblings aside and think about public internet cafe's. Plenty of people go there to play online games, and Cube is likely no exception to that either. Anyone that has ever joined there could become one of those stubborn ones that keeps coming back, and that wouldn't change the fact that other innocent people would be dragged in for no reason at all.

Except: It's not just one or two extra people. There could be hundreds just because of a single person.
Why would you ban hundreds of there's no solid proof that they're actually alts? Or ban them without any proof that they've broken any rules either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom