Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
This is a repost with my old suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/instantly-lock-delete-repetitive-pointless-threads.266303/

I'm not talking about people bringing up actual decent suggestions. I'm talking about threads that just say things like "fix the anticheat" because they're straight up spam. Not only do they take attention away from actually decent threads, but they encourage dozens of people to respond with the same pointless thing - "record and report", "the anticheat is being constantly worked on" enabling people who reply like this to every thread of the type are essentially like/message farming. These threads should be instantly deleted and/or locked to prevent it cluttering up the suggestions subforum, taking attention away from actual quality threads and to prevent like/message farming.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Some threads could be made by people generally asking for help on something. Even though it might have been asked several times already they may have not noticed that because they are new on the forums. Just instantly locking their thread is not how CubeCraft should deal with their newer community members. People should be able to help them and even though the answer has been given a lot already on similar threads this will still help them out a lot.

I agree that threads like 'fix anticheat' are very useless and as they don't require help but they're just complaining I think just locking these threads instantly could be a solution.

I reacted 'unsure' because this should not be the case for support/asking for help threads in my opinion.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Some threads could be made by people generally asking for help on something. Even though it might have been asked several times already they may have not noticed that because they are new on the forums. Just instantly locking their thread is not how CubeCraft should deal with their newer community members. People should be able to help them and even though the answer has been given a lot already on similar threads this will still help them out a lot.

I agree that threads like 'fix anticheat' are very useless and as they don't require help but they're just complaining I think just locking these threads instantly could be a solution.

I reacted 'unsure' because this should not be the case for support/asking for help threads in my opinion.
Read the title and the contents of the thread properly first, as you clearly haven't
- I did not mention support threads, in fact I specifically talk about suggestion threads and ONLY suggestion threads.
- Deleting them is not a necessity, and as I said in my thread, I would be perfectly happy if they were just locked.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
Read the title and the contents of the thread properly first, as you clearly haven't
- I did not mention support threads, in fact I specifically talk about suggestion threads and ONLY suggestion threads.
- Deleting them is not a necessity, and as I said in my thread, I would be perfectly happy if they were just locked.
I saw you mentioning 'record and report', which is clearly an answer on a question someone asked. It surely has been asked a lot where to report for instance, but these people still need help with it. If the thread gets locked instantly you don't help them. Also it is no big deal that these threads excist in the first place, the forums are a place to ask for help and discuss things after all.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I saw you mentioning 'record and report', which is clearly an answer on a question someone asked. It surely has been asked a lot where to report for instance, but these people still need help with it. If the thread gets locked instantly you don't help them. Also it is no big deal that these threads excist in the first place, the forums are a place to ask for help and discuss things after all.
The "record and report" was an example answer for people complaining about sentinel not banning hackers, as shown by the fact that the thread is blatantly about "Suggestion threads" as is literally in the title as well as the fact that it was also right next to another example of people complaining about sentinel not banning hackers.

It is a big deal that these threads exist. They allow people to message/like farm by posting the same answer already posted by other members, they draw attention away from actual decent quality suggestions and they clutter up the suggestion subforum.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
The "record and report" was an example answer for people complaining about sentinel not banning hackers, as shown by the fact that the thread is blatantly about "Suggestion threads" as is literally in the title as well as the fact that it was also right next to another example of people complaining about sentinel not banning hackers.

It is a big deal that these threads exist. They allow people to message/like farm by posting the same answer already posted by other members, they draw attention away from actual decent quality suggestions and they clutter up the suggestion subforum.
Okay I misunderstood you then. You are right that these threads are annoying and unnecessary.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think these threads should be locked instantly on any subforum except for the lobby. There you can kinda post whatever you want.

I’ve also made a suggestion about this topic and I still have the same thoughts.

Reactions: KitsuneToru

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

I completely agree with this - it's best for there to be a direct response and an instant locking of these threads as they overshadow the threads that are a lot more meaningful in this subforum. Once a new thread comes up regarding certain things, like "get a better anticheat", "get more staff", "add bedwars" or something, I'll come up with some default answers and instantly lock the thread.

Marking this thread as implemented then. Thanks! ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom