Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
There isn't inherently anything wrong with it, the map is built well, the two sides are well balanced, and the game is rather simple so new players can get into it on basically their first game. But I think that's the problem, the game is just swordplay and that's it. Yes you can gather some resources and place a few blocks, but it isn't like there's any complex strategy that can overcome the basic "who swords the other people to death the best" battle. By my third game I felt like I've been playing for years because I basically have. It's just swordplay and nothing more, the whole trope with a few zombies infecting people and there being more zombies and less survivors are you go has been done, and so much better. The biggest problem I see with infection is that it took two old concepts and stuck them together, but they don't really make each other better. Now that doesn't mean the game is a lost cause, because I have some ideas that can remedy this condition.

Idea 1: Make more exciting gamemodes. This could be done with voting when the game is actually released instead of just in beta. But here are some gamemode ideas:
Ghosts. Instead of the current kits all the undead have invisibility and swords. Maybe a resistance effect to make up for not having armor.
Fat man: Out of the first two undead people, one is a 'fat man' who walks very slowly, has an ungodly amount of health, and instakills humans. The other person would run fast and have little health, might have to have strength to make killing humans possible. All the next zombies will be like the second person, as there is only one "fat man". Also, out of mercy for the fat man, they should spawn on the island and not have to swim across the water.
Hardcore mode: There is only one starting zombie, zombies can only use the zombie kit, but the ores and food sources are removed.

Idea 2: More/better items
Blaze rod: Make it so that if you craft a stick and a piece of coal you get a blaze rod that sets zombies on fire.
Sharpened axe: Crafting an axe and a piece of diamond makes a "sharpened axe" which is the axe with a sharpess II enchant.
More fun zombie kits: If shosts doesn't get added as a mode, maybe add a ghost kit? Make a blaze kit where you get fire charges to throw, a wither skeleton kit with a bow that shoots arrows that wither humans, they don't even have to be based on vanilla minecraft mobs. Make a 'undead soldier' kit that has an iron sword called 'bayonet', green leather armor and a 'grenade' which is a snowball that produces an explosion on impact. Get creative here, not just a sword a mob head and maybe a simple potion effect. And for spiders and zombies and so forth, make it so the player looks like the mob not just the player wearing a player head that looks like the mob.

Idea 3: Cooler gameplay mechanics
Strenghtening zombies: Every time a human kills a zombie, that zombie gets a level of strength added to them and every 2 kills a human gets they get a level of resistance added.
Ranged weapons: Perhaps add bows, or add custom ranged weapons! Like have a couple survivors start off with shotguns that have 6 shells in them, a zombie kit which includes a handgun (like an undead cop kit), or a 'secret stash' of a few weapons that the survivors can access, it is a very expensive luxury island after all.

That's all I can think of right now, but as it sits the game is rather boring because, well, it's just a rehash of things that have been done before.

Reactions: BadGuy

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
In my opinion, this is a great suggestion, Good detail was put in and I agree with all your statements. +1 from me, good luck and enjoy the rest of your day :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎉
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Dang it I I keep missing the birthdays of all the cool people. Why were so many of you born in may :despair:

Anyways late happy birthday
Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Top Bottom