Should it be increased?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Title pretty much says it all.
So in OP eggwars, you can get insane amounts of golden apples extremely quickly. This usually means that people will rely on chugging their apples to make sure they don't die, and then attack you after eating one or two.
The problem is, they have more apples than you do. This means that they can eat much more than you can, ultimately leading to your death due to not having the golden apples. I've had this happen to me, and I usually play OP half health to negate this.
The example I gave here shows that the amount of golden apples the person had was the reason they won, regardless of his/her skill. All they need to know is when to eat on time & keep their armour in check.
You never run into chugging players on Speed Eggwars because of the price, and I don't see anyone complaining about the apple price there. If you're going to say "well less chugging means faster game, hence the name "speed eggwars"", don't bother. The suggestion is not directly about faster fights leading to faster games.

What am I suggesting?
As the title states, I'm suggesting that they increase the price of a golden apple in OP eggwars. These things are ridiculously overpowered when being chugged, as it can literally the ticket to winning a fight.
If a person has around 8 or so, you usually wouldn't be in trouble. When they have at least 32, you'll start to be in trouble.
This change doesn't necessarily have to apply to normal, but I think that it's a must-have for OP mode. It's unreal how common chugging is, and how many times fights have lasted exponentially longer because of it. Most of the time if you can't beat someone in OP, it is NOT due to their armour or anything, but rather due to the sheer amount of golden apples that they're eating.
Going off of the average 8 here:
32 apples = 32 gold on OP.
1 apple =1 gold on OP

I'm suggesting the change to be as follows:
1 apple = 5 gold on OP (optional change to normal too)
32 apples = 192 gold on OP (optional change to normal too)

This change will make apple-chugging much rarer to come by, and makes golden apples more of a special tool that can only be used every so often. Chugging is way too annoying, and dare I say, even a broken tactic sometimes.

Possible reasons against this:

"You could chug too!"
-Not if the game doesn't give you the opportunity to get as many apples as them. They could easily knock you off of the edge while you're shopping, or kill you before you can even recover from the hits taken during your shopping.

"I like it at 2, as others may not have a chance otherwise"
-Exactly proves the point I made earlier.
the amount of golden apples the person had was the reason they won, regardless of his/her skill. All they need to know is when to eat on time & keep their armour in check.
Similar take on this issue suggested by one of the active Eggwars suggestion authors, DJT

Thanks for reading!

Changed the prices slightly down to 5 gold, and added a part under "What am I suggesting" so that it's more directed at OP mode.
I've changed the suggestion to primarily focus on OP eggwars, as it's safe to say that you don't have much trouble dealing with chugging on normal eggwars.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I mean I suggested this like 10 days ago but k then
Haven't seen it yet, and I decided to make it again since I've just done the most annoying match ever. If I had seen it, I would've probably bumped it with a shorter version of what I said above.
Edit: That thread was from the 4th of June (before the update), so I couldn't really post on it or anything. I partly forgot about it, but I'll link it in this thread too.

1v1MeLoser

Jul 8, 2017
Australia
I really like the suggestion although normal golden apples don't do that much. It's really easy to kill people who just spam the eat button on golden apples, just try bowing them off the edge or hit away at their armour to make them lose it and then you can easily kill them. I agree the golden apples should be more expensive though but not the same price as normal.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I definitely agree, especially on OP. Personally I haven't encountered any golden apple chuggers in normal, but in OP, the 1 gold 1 golden apple + armor makes you basically invincible, until you run out of gapples, get your armor broken, or get knocked off via a punch bow.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I never seem to have problems fighting apple chuggers, but since I always buy more gapples then I actually use anyway I don't see why not.

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
No I don't think this is necessary as they are pretty expensive in normal. I mean 10 gold pieces for a golden apple is rather expensive. The golden apples provide you with decent healing and it is fine just the way it it. In OP it should stay the same because of its name. In over powered you are supposed to have over the top items to make it better than normal

Reactions: builderwise

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
6 Gold for 1 Golden Apple, isn't that a big expensive? Maybe 2 Gold for 1 Golden Apple? Though, I think leaving the price of the Golden Apple would be nice.

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

No . Ruin overpowered and hardcore however you want but i am against apple increase proce on normal .

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
So in eggwars, you can get insane amounts of golden apples extremely quickly. This usually means that people will rely on chugging their apples to make sure they don't die, and then attack you after eating one or two.
The problem is, they have more apples than you do. This means that they can eat much more than you can, ultimately leading to your death due to not having the golden apples.
The example I gave here shows that the amount of golden apples the person had was the reason they won, regardless of his/her skill. All they need to know is when to eat on time & keep their armour in check.
You never run into chugging players on Speed Eggwars because of the price, and I don't see anyone complaining about the apple price there. If you're going to say "well less chugging means faster game, hence the name "speed eggwars"", don't bother. The suggestion is not directly about faster fights leading to faster games.

What am I suggesting?
As the title states, I'm suggesting that they increase the price of a golden apple. These things are ridiculously overpowered when being chugged, as it's literally the ticket to winning.
If a person has around 8 or so, you usually wouldn't be in trouble. When they have at least 32, you'll start to be in trouble. Especially in OP mode where they can have more armour than you.
32 apples = 64 gold on normal, 32 gold on OP.
1 apple = 2 gold on normal, 1 gold on OP.

1 apple = 6 gold on normal, 6 gold on OP.
32 apples = 192 gold on normal, 192 gold on OP.

This change will make apple-chugging much rarer to come by, and makes golden apples more of a special tool that can only be used every so often. Chugging is way too annoying, and dare I say, even a broken tactic sometimes.

"You could chug too!"
-Not if the game doesn't give you the opportunity to get as many apples as them. They could easily knock you off of the edge while you're shopping, or kill you before you can even recover from the hits taken during your shopping.

Similar take on this issue suggested by one of the active Eggwars suggestion authors, DJT

Thanks for reading!
I do agree, I think the apples in normal should be fine.
In OP mode, maybe like a 5 gold per apple should be fine.
I am with this suggestion, whenever people start chucking on apples , I just feel defeated already.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think gold apples should be only a bit less common on normal, somewhere around 3-5 gold each, I always buy more apples than I actually need just because I can, and I think this change in price will change that to me buying the exact amount of gold apples I need, and for those that rely on eating lots of gold apples, they will need to think about going to mid for gold rather than relying on their islands gen, a small change that makes the pvp experience only so much better, I'm supporting this suggestion as I feel it is very much needed. I would suggest 4 Gold per apple on OP and 8 Gold per apple on normal.

OP has forever been about bow spamming, long fights, breaking armor etc.. this change won't affect that but will make it easier to kill people with a sword rather than the other stratergies, gold used on apples will be gold that could have been used on arrows, tnt, obsidian, pickaxes etc.. so if they so choose to stock up on gold apples they will have to do so at the cost of having less of everything else.
This will make gold seem rarer for all the players and I can see people asking for faster gens, this change will push players to upgrade their gold, at the moment, I very rarely think of upgrading my gold above level 2.

Last point, the golden apple kit will actually be usefull in op in the early game when gold is used for obsidian.

Thank you for bringing up @Donald J. Trump's post that I also took the time to read and have a look at.

TLDR:
- Less chugging
- Fairer fights
- More reason to upgrade gold gen
- Gold apple kit becomes usefull in op and normal.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Yes please! Goldej apples are so powerful and make fights last forever. To me it's pretty much like getting another 10 absorption hearts every time you eat one. PersonallyI would still pay 5-6 gold for a golden apple instead of 5-6 gold for an iron sword as they're so powerful.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
No I don't think this is necessary as they are pretty expensive in normal. I mean 10 gold pieces for a golden apple is rather expensive. The golden apples provide you with decent healing and it is fine just the way it it. In OP it should stay the same because of its name. In over powered you are supposed to have over the top items to make it better than normal
10 gold? I suggested 6 gold for an apple...
And a question: Was this opinion based off of normal or speed eggwars? I can't really tell as you mentioned a normal golden apple being worth 10 gold.

6 Gold for 1 Golden Apple, isn't that a big expensive? Maybe 2 Gold for 1 Golden Apple? Though, I wouldn't mind leaving it like it's now.
How often do you use golden apples? Are they the reason you win fights?
Usually two or three are enough for a fight. And also, for what mode does an apple need to be worth 2 gold?
And when you say "Though, I wouldn't mind leaving it like it is now" does it mean that you support it but don't care of the outcome?
This is by far one of the most confusing replies...

No . Ruin overpowered and hardcore however you want but i am against apple increase proce on normal .
How so? What difference will it make?
If you have less apples to your name, they will too. It'll equalise to a point where chugging is rare to come by, while still having apples when needed. Golden apples don't have to be the reason you win a fight.
Although I'll give you this: This suggestion was primarily pointed at OP mode, as people take little to no damage in the first place & can buy apples in bulk. In normal mode it usually isn't hard to take one of them out. I'll make a change to the thread.

A

A pigeon

If its pointed at OP mode , change the gap price.

Pro tip ; Power bows annihilate most apple chuggers

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
10 gold? I suggested 6 gold for an apple...
And a question: Was this opinion based off of normal or speed eggwars? I can't really tell as you mentioned a normal golden apple being worth 10 gold.

How often do you use golden apples? Are they the reason you win fights?
Usually two or three are enough for a fight. And also, for what mode does an apple need to be worth 2 gold?
And when you say "Though, I wouldn't mind leaving it like it is now" does it mean that you support it but don't care of the outcome?
This is by far one of the most confusing replies...

How so? What difference will it make?
If you have less apples to your name, they will too. It'll equalise to a point where chugging is rare to come by, while still having apples when needed. Golden apples don't have to be the reason you win a fight.
Although I'll give you this: This suggestion was primarily pointed at OP mode, as people take little to no damage in the first place & can buy apples in bulk. In normal mode it usually isn't hard to take one of them out. I'll make a change to the thread.
Sorry, I made a misspelling. Edited.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
So in eggwars, you can get insane amounts of golden apples extremely quickly. This usually means that people will rely on chugging their apples to make sure they don't die, and then attack you after eating one or two.
The problem is, they have more apples than you do. This means that they can eat much more than you can, ultimately leading to your death due to not having the golden apples.

What am I suggesting?
As the title states, I'm suggesting that they increase the price of a golden apple. These things are ridiculously overpowered when being chugged, as it's literally the ticket to winning.
If a person has around 8 or so, you usually wouldn't be in trouble. When they have at least 32, you'll start to be in trouble. Especially in OP mode where they can have more armour than you.
This change doesn't necessarily have to apply to normal, but I think that it's a must-have for OP mode. It's unreal how common chugging is, and how many times fights have lasted exponentially longer because of it. Most of the time you can't beat someone in OP is NOT due to their armour or anything, but rather due to the sheer amount of golden apples that they're eating.
32 apples = 64 gold on normal, 32 gold on OP.
1 apple = 2 gold on normal, 1 gold on OP.

1 apple = 5 gold on normal, 5 gold on OP.
32 apples = 192 gold on normal, 192 gold on OP.

"You could chug too!"

Thanks for reading!

Changed the prices slightly down to 5 gold, and added a part under "What am I suggesting" so that it's more directed at OP mode.
So short as that: I agree! :P

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Sorry, I made a misspelling.
Couldn't you have... corrected it in that same comment... orrr?

If its pointed at OP mode , change the gap price.

Pro tip ; Power bows annihilate most apple chuggers
'Tis a shame that a power bow doesn't come until mid-game, unlike a metric ton of golden apples.

Reactions: Gaaabb
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom