Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a Punch II bow in Overpowered EggWars?

• Yes

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
A better idea is to suggest removing Punch I bows.
The bow spammers and annoying aspect of having Punch bows is already too much.
I don't think EggWars could function with an even more OP weapon.
Sorry.
I disagree with this though. I'd rather kill a full diamond with a bow rather than smashing an axe on their head 10 million times to break their armor. It doesn't even become skill based anymore; it's who has more armor and golden apples and who can outlast the other one. IMO punch bowing someone off is the most efficient way to kill.

Then again all OP is is just a stall for 10 hours.

Reactions: TheMilkmanGamer

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
Punch 1 is already OP enough, it knocks quite a big distance already, punch 2 would just make it too op, everyone would just get that punch 2 bow and not getting any armor since it'll be so easy to knock someone off the edge.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
why get a punch2 bow in eggwars. An enderpearl would be much more worth it.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Punch 2 bow would be abused campers will stay at their island and will shoot you the whole time with the bow

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
ok well if you havent noticed the punch 1 bow is pretty much a punch 2 it just doesnt say it sadly so i see no use in adding a punch 3

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Adding a Punch II bow would make it so much more fun in the late game, and make long games quicker. I think it would be a great idea. It would cost 64 diamonds, making it very expensive and for very late game. Plus, having Protection V basically makes getting the 64 diamond sword useless anyways.
Yes! Make bowspamming much more overpowered than it already is! Let's take ALL the skill out of OP eggwars!

Reactions: Zombiepower

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
No a punch II bow is too n00b for xXx_OP_xXx!!11!!!
You should add sharpness 666 swords and punch 69 bows!!!
Because if punch bows were bad in normal eggwars, they NEED to be even worse in OP!
We have Punch 3 and whatnot in skywars right? Those ones that require no skill whatsoever and can instakill you if you don't have a barrier 3 blocks high 360° around you? WE NEED MOAR PUNCH!!! People aren't supposed to fight campers, right? If we safebridge it's just because swag right? Bowspamming slowness arrows is a completely legit and skillfull techinque right?!?! RIGHT!??!?!

No please. If there's something to do is remove punch bows from every gamemode in CCG and lower OP eggwars armor from Prot. V to Prot III.
IMHO

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
A punch one bow will do its job. Punch two isn't necessary :)

Neither is a sharpness V sword, but it's still there o_O

I like this. With protection V armor, melee is almost impossible, and using a bow is the most effective strategy. The extra knickknack would make it quicker and more fun against campers! +1 from me!

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Neither is a sharpness V sword, but it's still there o_O

I like this. With protection V armor, melee is almost impossible, and using a bow is the most effective strategy. The extra knickknack would make it quicker and more fun against campers! +1 from me!
Sharpness V is more than necessary, tell me if you can kill a full diamond prot 5 with a normal diamond sword in OP and tell me how many days it took and how many sets of armor you and your opponents broke.

Reactions: zDutchie

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I find punch bows in the game modes like skywars and egg wars way too op. I mean you can play a whole game and be the best you can and get right to the end then die because someone is camping and bow spamming with a punch bow. It doesn't make the game fair. You'll also find that the games will last longer because people won't want to come off their island because they are worried about being shot off. I'd rather die in a fair fight with swords than just get shot off in 2 second because someone wants a cheap win.

Reactions: zNarwhal

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
Sharpness V is more than necessary, tell me if you can kill a full diamond prot 5 with a normal diamond sword in OP and tell me how many days it took and how many sets of armor you and your opponents broke.

That's why you pick axe em until the armor is gone, then whip out the regular sword or axe for the kill ;) Plus, if you let someone get full diamond, you aren't playing aggressively enough lol :P

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
I find punch bows in the game modes like skywars and egg wars way too op. I mean you can play a whole game and be the best you can and get right to the end then die because someone is camping and bow spamming with a punch bow. It doesn't make the game fair. You'll also find that the games will last longer because people won't want to come off their island because they are worried about being shot off. I'd rather die in a fair fight with swords than just get shot off in 2 second because someone wants a cheap win.
There's always hardcore items available! It's called OP for a reason. "Over" meaning too much. It's supposed to be insanity!

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
That's why you pick axe em until the armor is gone, then whip out the regular sword or axe for the kill ;) Plus, if you let someone get full diamond, you aren't playing aggressively enough lol :p
Quick sharpness V kill or five hours of gear-breaking, you decide ;)
I've met people with three sets of diamond gear, hugging those generators all game. Also we aren't "playing agressive" because we're either targeting another egg or they efficiently EXPLODED THEIR ISLAND CROSSING DEVICE AKA BRIDGE WITH THE USE OF TRINITROTOLUENE and we can't get there unless with a safe bridge, because by the time they have 5 stacks of punch bows stored in chests.
There's always hardcore items available! It's called OP for a reason. "Over" meaning too much. It's supposed to be insanity!
It's supposed to be a playable insanity. Or it would have been called "Insane" with colored leather armor, knockback 9000 swords, punch 111 bows, iron-cheap tnt and enderpearls. "Over" as of Over "common" gear.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
Quick sharpness V kill or five hours of gear-breaking, you decide ;)
I've met people with three sets of diamond gear, hugging those generators all game. Also we aren't "playing agressive" because we're either targeting another egg or they efficiently EXPLODED THEIR ISLAND CROSSING DEVICE AKA BRIDGE WITH THE USE OF TRINITROTOLUENE and we can't get there unless with a safe bridge, because by the time they have 5 stacks of punch bows stored in chests.

It's supposed to be a playable insanity. Or it would have been called "Insane" with colored leather armor, knockback 9000 swords, punch 111 bows, iron-cheap tnt and enderpearls. "Over" as of Over "common" gear.

I just don't see how going from punch 1 to 2 crosses the threshold into "unplayable" insanity. I get your point, and yes it'd be a big change, but it would be THAT big of a change.

Reactions: Ping Ether

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I just don't see how going from punch 1 to 2 crosses the threshold into "unplayable" insanity. I get your point, and yes it'd be a big change, but it would be THAT big of a change.
It's the difference between being shot a moderate distance and being shot from one side of the island over to the opposite side and of the edge.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom