Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should a /report command be added?

• Total voters
Feb 18, 2017
Seems like no one bothered to read on. I have ways to avoid people abusing the command.

Ok, lets cut straight to the chase. CubeCraft's Anticheat is terrible, esspecially in Eggwars. It's not as bad as it used to be, but killaura and antiknockback is so common in Eggwars, Iv come to expect to deal with a hacker every third or fourth game. And, its not really worth replorting hackers, as they are likely using an alt from a free alts service (Not naming anything) or have multiple accounts they own.

Want an example of how easy it is to hack undetected on this server? RANKED people are taking the risk. Just today, I had to fight an EMERALD rank on Mushrooms (Eggwars), who had killaura, and every time someone would knock him off with a shroom, and I saw this with my very own eyes when I hit him off, would simply toggle on fly, and come back up. THE GUY WAS AN EMERALD RANK, and had all his ranked buddies with him. I can't give you any proof, or remember more than the first 4 letters of his name, so don't ask. It just shows how easy and almost risk free hacking on this server it currently is.

Well, a solution could be implemented. The legendary /report. Now, I know what many are going to say, "newer players and trolls are going to abuse that!" Well, I say we should implement a limit. Mabye level 12+ in order to use that command. And mabye a limit to how many times per every say, once per every 30 minutes. Also, if you made it more than just a one command thing, salty players would be less tempted to use it (Ex, it took a while to actually make the report go through, because you had to go through multiple menus, type up the details of what the player is doing in a secondary command, etc) as they would likely want to just get back into another game.

Hypickel's implementation was amazing, and it has done well. And no, it's not being a copycat. It's improving the server. I doubt many people will complain about CubeCraft being a "copycat" if the hacker problem here is decreased massively.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Ok, lets cut straight to the chase. CubeCraft's Anticheat is terrible, esspecially in Eggwars. It's not as bad as it used to be, but killaura and antiknockback is so common in Eggwars, Iv come to expect to deal with a hacker every third or fourth game.

Want an example of how easy it is to hack undetected on this server? RANKED people are taking the risk. Just today, I had to fight an EMERALD rank on Mushrooms (Eggwars), who had killaura, and every time someone would knock him off with a shroom, and I saw this with my very own eyes when I hit him off, would simply toggle on fly, and come back up. THE GUY WAS AN EMERALD RANK, and had all his ranked buddies with him. I can't give you any proof, or remember more than the first 4 letters of his name, so don't ask. It just shows how easy and almost risk free hacking on this server it currently is.

Well, a solution could be implemented. The legendary /report. Now, I know what many are going to say, "newer players and trolls are going to abuse that!" Well, I say we should implement a limit. Mabye level 12+ in order to use that command. And mabye a limit to how many times per every say, once per every 30 minutes. Also, if you made it more than just a one command thing, salty players would be less tempted to use it (Ex, it took a while to actually make the report go through, because you had to go through multiple menus, type up the details of what the player is doing in a secondary command, etc) as they would likely want to just get back into another game.

Hypickel's implementation was amazing, and it has done well. And no, it's not being a copycat. It's improving the server. I doubt many people will complain about CubeCraft being a "copycat" if the hacker problem here is decreased massively.
As said before many times, on many similar posts. /report was removed because of A. being abused and B. Staff can not join a game that is already in-game.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
I just read the title and my answer is:
giphy.gif

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Ok, lets cut straight to the chase. CubeCraft's Anticheat is terrible, esspecially in Eggwars. It's not as bad as it used to be, but killaura and antiknockback is so common in Eggwars, Iv come to expect to deal with a hacker every third or fourth game.

When... will... people... finally get that /wdr doesnt call a staff instantly...
I will give you 5 reasons this shouldnt be added
1)abuse
2)more abuse
3)even more abuse
4)even even more abuse

Edit: I forgot its 6 reasons
5)even even even more abuse
6)Minecraft multiplayer in a nutshell aka 7 year old kods that will do anything to get rid of anyone that is better than them and since they are clearly pro at the game anyone that can beat them must be a hacker.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
CubeCraft's Anticheat is terrible
Which is why they are working on making a better one, be patient for that.
RANKED people are taking the risk. Just today, I had to fight an EMERALD rank
Most of these people who hack with a rank, aren't the owner of that account, or just want to quit the game or the server untill they are forced to leave, because they are banned.
The legendary /report.
It's not that legendary:
  • It gets spammed;
  • Staff can't join games that already started;
  • It used to be a thing, but got removed due to spam etc;
  • Abuse, meaning fake reports or people thinking that someone hacks
  • It would take staff about 1-5 minutes to see if someone is actually hacking, meaning that a handling a report would be a way faster way of banning people.
So no. It won't be added back in.

Hypickel's implementation was amazing, and it has done well. And no, it's not being a copycat. It's improving the server. I doubt many people will complain about CubeCraft being a "copycat" if the hacker problem here is decreased massively
/wdr is an anti cheat command, that's different.

Reactions: Nikboo

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Seems

You obviously didn't read the entire post....

I included different ways to avoid abuse.
Yes but try to limit a powerful command.
level 12+... Level 100+ would be my personal min
Every 30 minutes. Ok lets say we have around 3000 players. If everyone constantly uses that command Thats 6000reports in an hour.
100 per minute.
Around 1.44 per second -.-

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Kinda hard to abuse it if you can only use it once every ~30 minutes, and what does a hacker that is level 12+ have to do with anything?

I'm saying just because people are lev 12+ doesn't mean they wont break the rules or abuse stuff

Edit: Plus it may not seem hard to abuse, but lets say 30 different people are using /report at the same time and all these people are doing fake reports that's 30 fake reports in a max of 30 mins

Feb 18, 2017
I'm saying just because people are lev 12+ doesn't mean they wont break the rules or abuse stuff

Edit: Plus it may not seem hard to abuse, but lets say 30 different people are using /report at the same time and all these people are doing fake reports that's 30 fake reports in a max of 30 mins
Im not even going to bother fighting about this, but what you said implied that ONE person could abuse it. If thats not what you meant, apologies.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Im not even going to bother fighting about this, but what you said implied that ONE person could abuse it. If thats not what you meant, apologies.

Ok this will be my last respons on the matter

Brefily what I'm saying is no matter who you are you can abuse once you reach lev twelve and even if it takes a 1/2 a hour to make a report multipul people will most likely abuse it at the same time so my opnion is no this should not be added

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
It just shows how easy and almost risk free hacking on this server it currently is.
Easy? Sure.
Risk free? Nope.

Regardless of the limitations, there will always be players using it in cases where it's just a good player. That situation isn't abuse nor the correct use of the command. And having it once per X amount of time will help nothing, as there's thousands of players playing at a time.
Let's say there are 20K players on in a day:
20K * 48 = 960.000 possible /reports sent.
Per minute that'd be:
960.000 : 24 : 60 = Around 667 commands sent.
Keep in mind though, that this is statistically & based off of the same 20K players each time.
At the moment. I'd estimate there being around 30-40 moderators, 2 helpers, and a handful of admins.
That's around 50 staff members, having to deal with 667 commands every minute!
Still based off of the 20K players, and assuming EVERY staff member is on the server.

Does this give you an idea on how much this can be abused?
Minimal level or not, the number will only slightly change. It doesn't change the fact that with the current staff team, there's no possible way of keeping up with it. Besides this, there's also the problem that they can't join any games in progress, except for FFA and Assassins.

Reactions: Nikboo

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
If you can only use it once per 30 minutes, what's the point of the /report command?
The main reason why you want a /report command is to report and get rid of hackers asap. But if you can only report once in 30 minutes, making reports is actually more efficient.

Also, level 12+? That would be handy so hackers with alts don't abuse that command (sone hackers like to show off in front of staff members), but people that don't win much games (Like me, I am level 32 and I've played CCGN since 2014...) wouldn't have that important perk...

D

Deleted member 169486

Why do people always call it hypikel or min3plex?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything!
UncleSpect wrote on mitgobla's profile.
thanks for everything mit! 🙏
Frontlane wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything Soul
UncleSpect wrote on SanCookie's profile.
thanks for everything cookie! u was good staff member! 🍪
UncleSpect wrote on Silverlace's profile.
thanks for everything!
Top Bottom