Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lucien

Dedicated Member
May 25, 2016
Groningen, the Netherlands.
Hey everyone!

I'm just really bad in 1.9 PvP and people often say things like: ''Lol, you are really bad in PvP you noob!'' and ''Easy win noob!''.
And that's just true. I am very bad in aiming people and I mostly miss them. People always dodge me when I try to hit them. That's so annoying!
Like the only good PvP thing is bowshooting. I am very good with the bow!

Do you have tips/tricks for me to get better?

Thanks in advance!

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
- Is your FOV low or high? I prefer using a high FOV. (aka the highest ;))

- When fighting, try to sprint and then hit. Step a few blocks back, sprint and hit again. :)

- If you can choose between an axe or a sword, choose the sword! I know the axe has more attack damage, but they "load" very slow. Swords do almost the same amount of damage and load faster! :D

- Make sure you are wearing good armor. Chainmail is better than gold, iron is better than chainmail, etc.

- Keep practicing! This might sound soooo ordinary, but it really helps... trust me....

''Lol, you are really bad in PvP you noob!'' and ''Easy win noob!''
If those comments really hurt you, you can give them a minimum of 2 warnings and if they don't stop, you can report them on the forums!

Reactions: Lucien

Lucien

Dedicated Member
May 25, 2016
- Is your FOV low or high? I prefer using a high FOV. (aka the highest ;))

- When fighting, try to sprint and then hit. Step a few blocks back, sprint and hit again. :)

- If you can choose between an axe or a sword, choose the sword! I know the axe has more attack damage, but they "load" very slow. Swords do almost the same amount of damage and load faster! :D

- Make sure you are wearing good armor. Chainmail is better than gold, iron is better than chainmail, etc.

- Keep practicing! This might sound soooo ordinary, but it really helps... trust me....

If those comments really hurt you, you can give them a minimum of 2 warnings and if they don't stop, you can report them on the forums!
Thanks for the tips!

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
This is a video made by @HackersDontWin which teaches you in clear details, on how to strafe.
I used to keep missing my hits with the axe but with this, you can basically run around them in circles while they miss their hit on you - a fast moving target. Don't keep running in circles cause they might figure it out so perhaps do clockwise then anti-clockwise. You can also use this to run a bit and wait for your regen. My sprint keybind is ` as it's easier for me.
My middle finger would be on W while my Index finger is on D and lastly my ring finger on `.

Hope this helps.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I suggest lowering your sensitivity.
I played in 200% sensitivity beforehand, and had a FFA K/D ratio of 1250 kills/550 deaths or so.
After lowering it to 150% sensitivity, it has gotten to 2400 kills/650 deaths. Very big improvement, as I can actually hit my targets now :)

Reactions: Lucien

Lucien

Dedicated Member
May 25, 2016
This is a video made by @HackersDontWin which teaches you in clear details, on how to strafe.
I used to keep missing my hits with the axe but with this, you can basically run around them in circles while they miss their hit on you - a fast moving target. Don't keep running in circles cause they might figure it out so perhaps do clockwise then anti-clockwise. You can also use this to run a bit and wait for your regen. My sprint keybind is ` as it's easier for me.
My middle finger would be on W while my Index finger is on D and lastly my ring finger on `.
Thanks!
Hope this helps.

Mkill14

Apr 11, 2016
my room
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!

I'm just really bad in 1.9 PvP and people often say things like: ''Lol, you are really bad in PvP you noob!'' and ''Easy win noob!''.
And that's just true. I am very bad in aiming people and I mostly miss them. People always dodge me when I try to hit them. That's so annoying!
Like the only good PvP thing is bowshooting. I am very good with the bow!

Do you have tips/tricks for me to get better?

Thanks in advance!
maybe you can practice with me im usually on duels in lobby 1 im Mkill14 if you see me shout my name ill try to duel you :D

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
You can improve by getting better pvpers to show you how they fight.
I'm one of those good pvpers so I'll be continuing a duels playlist come september... you can learn by watching others... so far I have 2 videos in that playlist but you can still check them out and watch them in slow motion to learn from them ; p

TheEnderking

Jun 19, 2016
Here is a tip. Get good. lol You can do this by spam clicking on op to break armour and time all the hits perfectly and strafe on anything else. takes a while to get good at the strafing part unless your me so yea.This is key if they are using axes. use fns if they run at you if you have one. use whatever sensitivity you feel you do best at. if you miss alot use a sword not an axe. And is how you get good at meelee. Hope this helps, for some people it just takes a little more practice :) you may be taking on 3 people at once in no time!!!!

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Here is a tip. Get good. lol You can do this by spam clicking on op to break armour and time all the hits ...
Spam clicking isn't effective against players that know how to fight in 1.9, trust me axe vs axe I break your armor first with the crushing blows, sword vs sword, I kill you before you break my armor with the crits.

AcidKirby

Jun 7, 2016
Planet Pop Star
discord.gg
here is a tip... since it's 1.9 pvp (so the cooldown) just try to find out how quick you can time your clicks .. if it's too fast and you just can't get it a little slower... use a sword... if you're able to time right.. you can use an axe too, this is just for more damage etc.. but i think strafing also is really important when pvp-ing and because of the cooldown strafing is going to give you the time to let your weapon cool down.. but like the others said .. look how others pvp and try developing your own style... don't worry you'll get there.. just like many others did ;)

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
What I do is strafe side to side and depending if they hit me or not go behind them(I dont always do this). If they get behind you move to your sides or more backwards(depending how how they got behind you)dont just stay in he same spot if it happens(Even if you have a good mouse and can do a 180 extremely fast still move). Dont lose your cool, if you do you have a greater chance of losing the fight. Make sure that your FOV, and sensitivity is to a point where your accuracy is really good. Dont always fully charge your sword, you get an extra hit most of the time if you full hit and then half charge. Do not hold your shield out and hit when your opponent hits you. If you have trouble with people with shields keep hitting them with half charge while strafing.
If you are doing bow combat, move in somewhat weird ways, now a tip that might not affect you. Move in closer to your enemy after each shot depending on the situation if your aim is not that good(my mouse is a big handicap). Look out for your enemies pattern, once you find it if they keep repeating it you have basically won the match.
Now im not sure if im the best to be giving out tips, thats for you to judge. P.S never put enderpeals in your offhand, only bad things can happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezappen
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
Top Bottom