Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Aug 17, 2020
I am so done with how many hackers are in the bedrock lobbies, almost every game I see someone flying, air jumping, or whatever else it is, Me and my friend have lost win streaks 10+ because someone KA's us within a few seconds of the game starting. Its getting worse every day you don't get a better anti-cheat. It's all my friend and I can play because he's on Xbox.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There are three developers working on the anti-cheat (sentinel) and they are doing the best they can. The recruitment team is also trying to implement more bedrock staff.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Back in the day, some people in the game were willing to truce (i.e. stop ALL attacks against each other) and all temporarily team up against the hacker. Once the hacker was killed, they'd go back to wherever they were and resume the match. Do people still do this kind of vigilantism in games?
Yeh me and another guy fought against a hacker then the guy killed me, I reported the player with video evidence and they didnt even tell me off for doing that.

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
I know I was done with bedrock too. The staff member on there aren’t as active as on java so reporting isn’t too effective.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
Hello,

As you know, or may know, the anti-cheat system is being worked on. In Bedrock edition, anti-cheat doesn't directly ban players, it frags them, so a moderator can look at the hacker and then, if they feel they are hacking, ban them.
Sentinel will improve eventually, however, in the mean time, you can record and report any rule breakers found on the network here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-bedrock-player-or-bug.88/

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Hello,

As you know, or may know, the anti-cheat system is being worked on. In Bedrock edition, anti-cheat doesn't directly ban players, it frags them, so a moderator can look at the hacker and then, if they feel they are hacking, ban them.
Sentinel will improve eventually, however, in the mean time, you can record and report any rule breakers found on the network here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-bedrock-player-or-bug.88/
He knows. Also no need for redundancy as anticheat was already mentioned earlier. Flagging takes too long and by then the cheater will have caused (more than) enough damage or found an alt to continue cheating.

I know I was done with bedrock too. The staff member on there aren’t as active as on java so reporting isn’t too effective.
Your second point is entirely correct, and it's an ongoing problem for years. The server still has a lot of trouble getting enough moderation for a 10k+ network, but I respect that they have 48 mods/helpers and are least trying to get more (they'll need way more). The bigger problem though is the same hacker problem that arose in August 2016 shortly after all the bans were done while the punishment system was overhauled (e.g. 1 year cheating ban turned to 7 days and later 30 days). A lot of cheaters returned to the server to cheat, and every day it was like this. Around Spring 2017 was when an early version of Sentinel came in, and even that wasn't enough.

Speaking of reports, how long do they take for a response nowadays?

Reactions: Skqrrt

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
He knows. Also no need for redundancy as anticheat was already mentioned earlier. Flagging takes too long and by then the cheater will have caused (more than) enough damage or found an alt to continue cheating.

Your second point is entirely correct, and it's an ongoing problem for years. The server still has a lot of trouble getting enough moderation for a 10k+ network, but I respect that they have 48 mods/helpers and are least trying to get more (they'll need way more). The bigger problem though is the same hacker problem that arose in August 2016 shortly after all the bans were done while the punishment system was overhauled (e.g. 1 year cheating ban turned to 7 days and later 30 days). A lot of cheaters returned to the server to cheat, and every day it was like this. Around Spring 2017 was when an early version of Sentinel came in, and even that wasn't enough.

Yeah I know they need to perm ban hackers and all other sorts of punishments should stay the same.

well every time I report someone on java forum It gets handled in like a maximum time of 4 hours.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yeah I know they need to perm ban hackers and all other sorts of punishments should stay the same.

well every time I report someone on java forum It gets handled in like a maximum time of 4 hours.
Now that's fast. It's a lot faster back in my day where it would take a couple days. As unpopular as it sounds because "everyone deserves a second chance," cheating is different. Their second chance was waived the moment they downloaded their cheats and got to the server list.

They knew that they were going to have fun at everyone's expense. They knew that cheating would get them banned. They knew that they can buy an alt to cheat again.

I agree that a cheating ban should be permanent on the first offense, no questions asked. It may sound "harsh" (it really isn't considering how severe it is to ruin an entire match from using hacks and that many hackers claim to use alts to return to cheating), but it's already unfair to the 20+ players per match who have to suffer (or risk getting banned for ousting cheaters by teaming) just because one person cheats.

Quoted from another server's thread posted by one of their mods, exactly word-for-word*:
Charlie_0014 said:
Alrighty, here’s how it works: When our esteemed Moderators find someone to be cheating, we /ban them. This command issues a forever ban which is used to discourage some hackers from Ever coming back and also prevents us from having to repeat ban anyone who never bothered to make an appeal or buy an unban. In your case, you appealed and the deny message said wait a month, not an hour. So after waiting the month, for a flight ban, and if you’re normally a legit player as you say, if you copy/paste your appeal, chances are it will be accepted. Of course if you make a thread like this, we may leave you hanging for a little while.
P.S. the system’s been like this for at least 7 years.

*source: https://www.brawl.com/threads/76757/

Reactions: Skqrrt

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
Now that's fast. It's a lot faster back in my day where it would take a couple days. As unpopular as it sounds because "everyone deserves a second chance," cheating is different. Their second chance was waived the moment they downloaded their cheats and got to the server list.

They knew that they were going to have fun at everyone's expense. They knew that cheating would get them banned. They knew that they can buy an alt to cheat again.

I agree that a cheating ban should be permanent on the first offense, no questions asked. It may sound "harsh" (it really isn't considering how severe it is to ruin an entire match from using hacks and that many hackers claim to use alts to return to cheating), but it's already unfair to the 20+ players per match who have to suffer (or risk getting banned for ousting cheaters by teaming) just because one person cheats.

Quoted from another server's thread posted by one of their mods, exactly word-for-word*:

*source: https://www.brawl.com/threads/76757/
Exactly that’s how it’s supposed Roche but I don’t know how cubecraft thinks about it

Reactions: betty's oldies
D

Deleted member 469419

I know that this won't fix anything and all, but I think it's better than be always complaining and annoying people / staff team with this topic; If you see a hackers, why don't report them here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-bedrock-player-or-bug.88/

I mean, isn't that bad after all because you'll helping to keep cleaned the network!

About the anticheat, it's probably going to be worked in a few months, so just be patient, now they need to finish de Java anticheat and then they'll create an anticheat for bedrock.

Daniel7439

Oct 18, 2019

I report a few players daily, all the reports I have sent have been banned in about 15 minutes to 4 hours, usually around 2-3 hours.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Exactly that’s how it’s supposed Roche but I don’t know how cubecraft thinks about it
The most popular servers have a "second chance" system. The idea behind it is that the "offender has broken some rule the first time and needs that 30 day ban to change." This sometimes works; it's happened before that a first-time cheater turns into a legit player afterwards, but experiences with their commenting on report videos say otherwise.

Every report may take about 5-10 minutes depending on how long you document it and how long your footage is. Following this rule, that's about 6-12 reports per hour and that's way below the number of alts or new cheaters that can come back. Nonetheless, reports are still better than nothing even though they're very inefficient on their own.

I'm curious how a Bedrock version will be ported from Java given that Bedrock is written in C++. It looks like a total rewrite had to be taken to implement a C++ version of Sentinel, and that's my best guess that's causing the long wait. (It's a lot harder to make good C++ code than it is for Java. Sympathy for any programmer who gets errors because of malloc xD)

Reactions: wxzzrd and Skqrrt
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday fellow duck!
Top Bottom