Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

do something about the alphabet?

• yes god please change this

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • no (why on earth would you choose this answer. just smh)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
For gods sake.
You treat this community like they are 5 years old.

Tell me again, why is "noob" "ezpz" "L" in the chat filter? "F"?? LIKE RLLY?
Because people take offence to it?
LMAO that's a horrible garbage excuse of an answer.

Do you think people really care if they get called noob?
"omg he called me noob plz mute"
Makes me want to crawl in a hole and die laughing.

Basically what it is:
1zm657.jpg

99.99999999999999% of players despise ez, L, F, noob, being in the chat filter. So why is it still there?
Don't bring up the dang partnership crap, because noob isn't a swear word. Nor is F, L, or ez.

Name another server that has "f" and "L" filtered.
What's that? None? A server with 5 players that probably doesn't exist?
Exactly.

Do something about it.
Your goal is to make the community happy, right?
So why is that still in the chat filter? Most people want it remove, except for the 5 year olds who can't handle letters in the alphabet and helper wann***s who think that everything cube does it right.

And if people take offence to it, then they should just grow up.
The alphabet doesn't go
abcde*ghijk*mnop...
It goes
abcdefghijklmnop...

And noob.
The most classic "insult" on the internet.
Why must it be muted?
So babies won't cry themselves to sleep when they see it?
lmao grow up.

Also EZ, and EZPZ.
They are simply stating the fact that they thought it was ez.
There is also people who win a hard fought fight, and say ez. Those are the absolute OG's of the minecraft society.
They say that to make themselves stronger. Like a "Bring it on. I'll win everytime. Easily"
In the recipients eyes, it probably is a insult triggering statement, in which is easily ignore-able by making a joke out of it. Or just saying. "ok", that's what I did, and plan on continuing to do when it gets taken out of the filter.

Party Chat Fillter
~What is it?
The chat filter was added to party chat in a pretty recent update.
~What else is it?
Probably one of the most despised updates in cube history.

For gods sake. Now you can't even joke with your friends? No funny L moments? No noob jokes? RIP fun.

Do one of two things:
1- Remove it entirely. Let party chat be a FFA.
2- Add a filter switch for the kids who can't handle big boy language. That's why there is a command called "/p leave" if you're too young to be seeing the letter F and L.

Party Filter = No fun.
I can't stress that enough.
People like me enjoyed party chat until then.

Oh yeah, ONCE AGAIN CUBE DECIDES TO DO SOME "INCREDIBLE CHAT UPDATE" INCLUDING A PARTY CHAT FILTER. DIDN'T TURN OUT TOO GOOD, DID IT?
Once again, they did something with absolutely no community input.
Obviously everyone loved party chat the way it was before, so why change it?

Was it because of people reporting in party chat? A.K.A. the absolute most pathetic thing known to man.
I could ruin one person in particular's life with roasts and exposure beyond extreme right now due to pathetic chat reports, but they would go cry and we wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

When (because it will get removed) it gets removed, party chat reports will not be accepted because you chose to be in the chat, you chose to be exposed to letters of the alphabet, so no reports under any circumstances will be accepted.
(Unless its SOOOO bad that you have to report it. "kys" and "**** you" DO NOT COUNT AS VALID REPORTS IN PARTY CHAT. stuff like "go die in a gas chamber, you stupid n*** f***" will count. only that and anything similar. Swearing in general and light offences will be tolerated by any user that chooses to be in the chat.
Understand me?
good.
no more pathetic party chat reports by 5 year old helper w*****.

Thread Topics/ Summary.

Part 1: Remove L, F, Noob, Ez from chat filter.
What's the point?
Tell people to grow up and tolerate insults, you now what they aren't even insults. It's called salt, or people who are prideful that they won against you.

Part 2: Party Filter.
WHY IS THIS A THING.
REMOVE IT.
NO MORE PARTY REPORTS.
#DealWithIt
BOOM BAM POW

The end.
go ahead, give me valid reasons why they should keep these in the chat filter.
good luck.

i also doubt this thread will get any attention because about >.01% of community suggestions actually get implemented looked at.

@Genderless Child @Shameless child @Tacosfanboy01 @Tacosfanboy05 (spread the word plz. #makethealphabetgreatagain)

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
For gods sake.

Basically what it is:
View attachment 139969

99.99999999999999% of players despise ez, L, F, noob, being in the chat filter. So why is it still there?
Don't bring up the dang partnership crap, because noob isn't a swear word. Nor is F, L, or ez.

Exactly.

Do something about it.
So why is that still in the chat filter? Most people want it remove, except for the 5 year olds who can't handle letters in the alphabet and helper wann***s who think that everything cube does it right.

The alphabet doesn't go
abcde*ghijk*mnop...
It goes
abcdefghijklmnop...

And noob.
Why must it be muted?
lmao grow up.

Also EZ, and EZPZ.
There is also people who win a hard fought fight, and say ez. Those are the absolute OG's of the minecraft society.
They say that to make themselves stronger. Like a "Bring it on. I'll win everytime. Easily"
In the recipients eyes, it probably is a insult triggering statement, in which is easily ignore-able by making a joke out of it. Or just saying. "ok", that's what I did, and plan on continuing to do when it gets taken out of the filter.

Party Chat Fillter
~What is it?
~What else is it?

For gods sake. Now you can't even joke with your friends? No funny L moments? No noob jokes? RIP fun.

Do one of two things:
2- Add a filter switch for the kids who can't handle big boy language. That's why there is a command called "/p leave" if you're too young to be seeing the letter F and L.

Party Filter = No fun.

Oh yeah, ONCE AGAIN CUBE DECIDES TO DO SOME "INCREDIBLE CHAT UPDATE" INCLUDING A PARTY CHAT FILTER. DIDN'T TURN OUT TOO GOOD, DID IT?

Was it because of people reporting in party chat? A.K.A. the absolute most pathetic thing known to man.
I could ruin one person in particular's life with roasts and exposure beyond extreme right now due to pathetic chat reports, but they would go cry and we wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

When (because it will get removed) it gets removed, party chat reports will not be accepted because you chose to be in the chat, you chose to be exposed to letters of the alphabet, so no reports under any circumstances will be accepted.
(Unless its SOOOO bad that you have to report it. "kys" and "**** you" DO NOT COUNT AS VALID REPORTS IN PARTY CHAT. stuff like "go die in a gas chamber, you stupid n*** f***" will count. only that and anything similar. Swearing in general and light offences will be tolerated by any user that chooses to be in the chat.
Understand me?
good.

Thread Topics/ Summary.

What's the point?
Tell people to grow up and tolerate insults, you now what they aren't even insults. It's called salt, or people who are prideful that they won against you.

WHY IS THIS A THING.
REMOVE IT.
NO MORE PARTY REPORTS.
#DealWithIt
BOOM BAM POW

The end.
good luck.

i also doubt this thread will get any attention because about >.01% of community suggestions actually get implemented looked at.

@Genderless Child @Shameless child @Tacosfanboy01 @Tacosfanboy05 (spread the word plz. #makethealphabetgreatagain)
I do think that the new chat filter is kind of dumb. I think that instead of putting it in like that, if a player feels uncomfortable, then they can report it :)
And I think party filtering...is...just FLAT OUT annoying. Now I am not one to swear like ever, but just anything filtered in the party chat is dumb as you are in a chat with your friends :)
+1

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Cube doesn't really have much to say about this chat-filter. They're partnered with Microsoft, so they have to follow certain guidelines. If you want to see a change, you should find a way to contact Microsoft.

I guess many people are upset about this update (including me), but I guess we have to find a way to deal with it.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
The problem is that, almost every minecraft server is following the contract that Mojang made to become child-friendly. Its not cubecrafts fault, its mojang aka "taken over by Microsoft just for 2 billion dollars" fault. If mojang never made that partnership contract, then there would be no chat filters. We just have to deal with it for now, until things improve. (Which won't happen :/)

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
For gods sake.

Basically what it is:
View attachment 139969

Exactly.

Do something about it.

The alphabet doesn't go
abcde*ghijk*mnop...
It goes
abcdefghijklmnop...

And noob.
Why must it be muted?
lmao grow up.

Also EZ, and EZPZ.

Party Chat Fillter
~What is it?
~What else is it?

Do one of two things:

Party Filter = No fun.

Understand me?
good.

Thread Topics/ Summary.

What's the point?

WHY IS THIS A THING.
REMOVE IT.
NO MORE PARTY REPORTS.
#DealWithIt
BOOM BAM POW

The end.
good luck.

I understand what you mean, I agree that "L", "F", "ez" and "noob" should be allowed. Although I'm against toxicity, there's nothing wrong with saying "L" or "F",
literally just 1 letter.. All these words aren't allowed to say, but if you bypass them, you can't be reported either, don't get the logic, Cubecraft! If I say "n88b" I can't get a punishment, but I'm not allowed to say in chat.

About the party chat, I think it shouldn't be so tight as the public chat. Most of the time it's friends and they say stupid things to each other (At least, I do, stuff like "you idiot" or "nooooo you f*cker", but that's also reportable now...

Overall, I agree and disagree,
I'm against toxicity like "HAHAHAHH ezzzz"
But the chat is indeed for 5-year olds right now (although some people act like 5yr olds but okay)

Reactions: Deeds

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
except for the 5 year olds who can't handle letters in the alphabet
You're not giving children enough credit, to be honest. They're a lot more mature than people assume they are, even they'd find it silly that literal letters of the alphabet are censored. Having a chat filter is fine, but it should try to obstruct general chat as little as possible. I don't want to have to dissect every sentence just to find whichever combination of letters has set off the filter.

Unless Mojang have specifically request that these remain censored, they should be lifted. After all, if people want to offend, they'll offend. The filter cannot block everything, and if it's blocking the most casual taunts and provocations, it's only going to inspire more offensive language to be used.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
The problem is that, almost every minecraft server is following the contract that Mojang made to become child-friendly.
I would 100% agree that you are wrong. Every other server I have seen don't have what we have. We are the only server that is following Mojang/Microsoft rules.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
As the queen of noobs, I don't actually mind 'noob' being censored. It's inoffensive, but there are some who might take offence to it, perhaps people who take the game more seriously than they should. 'L' and 'F' though? That's just absurd...

*Player A dies in a funny way*
Player B: "F"
Player C: "F"

Common "Press 'F' to pay respects" meme

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Player A dies in a funny way*
Player B: "L"
Player C: "L"

Common "take an L" response to somebody failing.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Note: noob has been removed from party and friends filter.
Wasn't aware either :o That's pretty neat actually, thanks for filling us in, noob!

Yayyy I got my favourite word back!!!
Noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
View attachment 139971 Yep you are right....... (this is ''mineplex'' btw)

And please be more specific on what other servers you mean.
"First up is the Lifeboat Server, with around six million players every month and a bunch of mini games to play, Lifeboat was started in 2014 by a 14 year old and his father and over the course of three years it's grown massively into the profitable business and server it is now."

"CubeCraft is the second official server partner, who are a very popular Java server with lots of minigame. MinePlex is another, who have over 45 original minigames. InPvP is the final launch partner with Mojang, which is a space themed PvP server with a bunch of minigames."

"All of these servers will be available when the Better Together update launches this summer, and Mojang have confirmed they hope to bring on more server partners as time goes on."
(Copied from a website since I can't be bothered typing out facts.)

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
MinePlex is another, who have over 45 original minigames
They are not with the official minecraft partnership.
"First up is the Lifeboat Server, with around six million players every month and a bunch of mini games to play, Lifeboat was started in 2014 by a 14 year old and his father and over the course of three years it's grown massively into the profitable business and server it is now."
Lifeboat server is the PE version of minecraft so not so big to me, even if they are with official mc partner.
"All of these servers will be available when the Better Together update launches this summer, and Mojang have confirmed they hope to bring on more server partners as time goes on."
That will take ages its been 18 months since they said it was coming THIS summer.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
For gods sake.

Basically what it is:
View attachment 139969

Exactly.

Do something about it.

The alphabet doesn't go
abcde*ghijk*mnop...
It goes
abcdefghijklmnop...

And noob.
Why must it be muted?
lmao grow up.

Also EZ, and EZPZ.

Party Chat Fillter
~What is it?
~What else is it?

Do one of two things:

Party Filter = No fun.

Understand me?
good.

Thread Topics/ Summary.

What's the point?

WHY IS THIS A THING.
REMOVE IT.
NO MORE PARTY REPORTS.
#DealWithIt
BOOM BAM POW

The end.
good luck.

Stop trying, the management doesn't care about players' opinions, they'll just do whatever they need to do to get themselves $. ;)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Hi there!

You many not have heard of me much, but I am one of the developers working on some new content for you guys.

The recent chat filter change has been a debated topic ever since it was introduced. As it stands right now with being a Microsoft and Xbox partner we are required to follow certain guidelines in regards to specific functions in the server to make the server be accessible to all ages.

We understand that you may feel frustrated that you no longer have the freedom to express things as you did before, but unfortunately in situations like this, our hands are tied.

Both us and Microsoft want everyone of all ages to be able to have an enjoyable experience and this is one of the small ways we have to adjust for that.

I do hope you understand why this change was made and why it won’t be getting changed back anytime soon.
- theminecoder

Gonna lock this thread as well because it is a non-debatable topic. New threads about this topic will also be linked here.

To add on to this, we really do see your complaints about stuff like this. This isn't really a discussable topic as explained above though. I'll be locking this thread, but if any of you have the perfect solution that would provide an enjoyable experience for players of all ages, then please suggest it.

I actually have the suggestions section on 'watch', so I get an alert everytime a new thread gets created there. I also read all those threads being created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom