Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Combatperson

May 18, 2021
As a person who sometimes liked to save up heavy armor before attacking an enemy team apart from also rushing time to time(for around 15 minutes grace period where the enemy gets iron armor).Loved bowspamming in attack and defense,loved tnt cannons and loved all sorts of weird tactics to play the game and at one point I even intentionally played in a way that I called anti tryhard(lol i know its stupid).I absolutely think this change is useless and just makes the game even more annoying to play.

There is no real use to killing any player as they can get the armor back so fast and it just turns into a giant stalemate that does not require any tactics or skill that can wipe out the enemy and neither can you fight against campers when you are sweating.It feels like I am playing ww1 simulator and I legit had a fight that was we bowspamming and doing 0 damage for 10 minutes yesterday.It was really stupid and I absolutely did not enjoy that even as a bowspammer.

Neither did sweating and rushing really work.In old eggwars if the enemy has an advantage like a sharp sword or diamond armored players and you manage to kill them you can severely weaken the enemy team and charge their base after destroying their main force. Now they can respawn and get iron armor in half a minute and I feel like I am playing a bad version of bedwars where you get attack by hordes of players constantly while you do not have the ability to use items such as tnt effectively to force them away from the egg(Its too expensive nowadays) when attacking others bases.

Where as in old eggwars(java 2017 era)even with the bowspamming you can gradually move towards the enemy egg and push their base and once you arrive, the victory has already been decided as after the fight the victor will either destroy the egg or push back and invade the enemy base immediately and break the other egg then their team.The new version allows for human waves tactics that are beyond annoying to play with.And basically no other tactics,cant spleef with the slow pickaxe,cant use redstone since its deleted,cant rush when the enemy uses the extremely knockback resistant netherite to swarm you to death and cant camp when your bows does so little knockback against netherite players(even the punch bow).

I seriously think as someone who played a defense and pushing playstyle a lot as well as every single playstyle you can ever think of this is the last thing we need and I rather see 200 sweats charge each others base,rushing is exciting and it has its fun parts.I seriously do not know what player the changes are catering for as most of the people I know quit the game once this update is out and I cannot find them in the lobby where as usually I can find ppl I know basically every two games.I am unable to find this interesting in any playstyle I can think of,I dont even think people that break the rules(hackers etc) would enjoy this except for underground campers which got like a extreme buff.

The crossbows are incrediately laggy and often malfunction and its accuracy is terrible.The enchants make no sense as if you want to break the enemy defense, you should be able to get special items via occupying middle that cant be farmed in their bases which promotes pvp (like a sharp sword and eff 12 pick that can definitely break the stalemate of no eggs breaking and if the enemy is stronger they can easily stop it as it takes a very long time to do so).Not get final kills as in a stalemate you wouldnt get any at all(And the stuff is so expensive that if you are able to get so many kills you wouldn't need the upgrades).

My opinion is to just revert the update before every top player that loves the game quits, you can see that in java edition as well and I really cant find that many og players anymore and it also did not save the server,instead it alienated the most dedicated supporters of eggwars.I intentionally came to bedrock from java just to keep playing the game I liked and now if I cant play it anymore(just like tower defense),I am sorry but I wont play cubecraft anymore and I will let cubecraft stay in my memories instead.
Thats what I loved about eggwars, there was more than one way to play! I could use a fast pick to spleef people, bowspam, use redstone (my favorite was to make a tnt cannon to launch myself to the top of my base), but this new update removed the chaotic fun of old eggwars imo, In favor of subpar gameplay.

Jun 19, 2023
So try speed running games with the terrible update. It ruins the entire game with the price of items and the new damage system. Beginners aren't the players keeping Cubecraft alive so why would the devs cater to them in the updates?
Cubecraft is kept alive by new players constantly buying ranks, not people speedrunning games for years on end with only one rank. If someone plays eggwars for the first time and gets flawlessed by a sweat then theres a good chance theyre not gonna play it again.

Combatperson

May 18, 2021
because plenty of people didnt even read the changes. Also, we arent done changing yet, as we are still listening to feedback
**EggWars** - Added: Repairing broken generators awards an Emerald Token (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Added: Power I enchantment for bows in Enchantment Shop (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Added: Protection II enchantment for armour in Enchantment Shop (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Changed: Generators in Overpowered now hold more tokens before they pause (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Changed: Concrete shop quantities are now 10, 32, and 64 instead of 2, 10, and 32 (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Changed: Many pricing adjustments in the Overpowered shop (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Changed: Made many enchantments cheaper in the Enchantment Shop (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Bossbar notifications not clearing between duels (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Mud on maps being destroyable (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Builder Kit having Protection 4 (Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Clicking to open the Shop on mobile devices (Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Generators, Shops, and Egg skins being damaged/movable (Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Being able to buy items when inventory is full (Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Fixed: Text on Iron Generator buttons not being readable due to colour (Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Removed: Wool Blocks as a shop item as they served minimal purpose (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Removed: Baked Potatoes in Overpowered as they served minimal purpose (Java & Bedrock)
**EggWars** - Removed: Aqua Affinity and Depth Strider Enchantments as they served minimal purpose (Java & Bedrock)

(copied from discord)

I feel these changes still don't address why I dislike the new Eggwars, still a step in the right direction for what it's worth.

Bnc_

Feb 27, 2022
Cubecraft is kept alive by new players constantly buying ranks, not people speedrunning games for years on end with only one rank. If someone plays eggwars for the first time and gets flawlessed by a sweat then theres a good chance theyre not gonna play it again.
Perhaps if they focused on small adjustments that the community requests then they would have more time to develop packs and bundles for dedicated players to buy. That would be much better than entirely reworking a game that the community has loved for years

Bnc_

Feb 27, 2022
because plenty of people didnt even read the changes. Also, we arent done changing yet, as we are still listening
I actually read and played the changes thank you very much. I simply think that old combat, prices and enchanted leather armor (preferably all old armor) shpuld be brought back however the new additions are still welcome

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest
I actually read and played the changes thank you very much. I simply think that old combat, prices and enchanted leather armor (preferably all old armor) shpuld be brought back however the new additions are still welcome
The combat isnt actually anything we have changed. It's because of minecraft's saturation mechanic changing, so it feels like the damage has changed.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The combat isnt actually anything we have changed. It's because of minecraft's saturation mechanic changing, so it feels like the damage has changed.
Does Cubecraft plan on changing the saturation mechanic to be simular to how it was before the update, if that is even realistically feasible? I also feel like knock back has changed, which should be independent from saturation.

Reactions: Bnc_

Bnc_

Feb 27, 2022
Did you change knockback because it also seems much different? I think that is a great reason to bring back protection 4 leather armor because it will make the damage seem more similar to how it used to be. I think everyone agrees that it isnt fun to get two shot every battle

Mar 20, 2022
Lets all play on Hive for the weekend and show the devs that they should listen to community feedback before updates. Eggwars is actually unplayable and no longer feels like the game it used to be
i completely disagree, you can't be mad, they're taking feedback, so if you dont like it thats your own fault, maybe try to create your own feedback instead of this???

Bnc_

Feb 27, 2022
i completely disagree, you can't be mad, they're taking feedback, so if you dont like it thats your own fault, maybe try to create your own feedback instead of this???
I have given multiple valid pieces of feedback however every time I give a suggestion it seems a moderator is quick to criticize my feedback. And this wouldn't be an issue in the first place if the egg wars additions were community suggested

Reactions: Combatperson

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him
And this wouldn't be an issue in the first place if the egg wars additions were community suggested
But our development team and the moderators have since fixed their mistakes, and now we all have an enjoyable experience on CubeCraft 1.20, so everything is fine...?

lethash

May 15, 2023
They made gens faster, added better enchantments, added mangrove back, added the option to buy 64 concrete and if I understood right they removed wool. I no longer think the eggwars update is bad
you can easily buy iron armour now, and get netherite swords. just run to mid, grab some dims and gold, run back, and you're unbeatable. have fun playing the game when you cant even get to mid to get a bit of gold

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him
Just a personal experience on this:
you can easily buy iron armour now, and get netherite swords. just run to mid, grab some dims and gold, run back, and you're unbeatable. have fun playing the game when you cant even get to mid to get a bit of gold
Why can't you get to mid...? In plenty of games, I was able to reach mid successfully with like a stone sword, blocks and armour within the first minute, without hacks. Consequently, I was able to grab gold and diamonds like you said, and progressively get more stronger with more stronger swords and armour. If you mind, could you please explain what you mean by "can't reach mid"?

Personal View: CubeCraft has done a pretty good job in repairing the update, in terms of taking people's opinions and suggestions. Also, there are a few suggestions that are still being proposed by members of this wonderful community/server, which are also still being considered, and the teams are on high 'watch-out' for feedback as stated by Stijnnn_ .
Also, we arent done changing yet, as we are still listening to feedback
Here.
I trust this person :)

• Heart
Reactions: iikovu and Stijnnn_

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Just a personal experience on this:

Why can't you get to mid...? In plenty of games, I was able to reach mid successfully with like a stone sword, blocks and armour within the first minute, without hacks. Consequently, I was able to grab gold and diamonds like you said, and progressively get more stronger with more stronger swords and armour. If you mind, could you please explain what you mean by "can't reach mid"?

Personal View: CubeCraft has done a pretty good job in repairing the update, in terms of taking people's opinions and suggestions. Also, there are a few suggestions that are still being proposed by members of this wonderful community/server, which are also still being considered, and the teams are on high 'watch-out' for feedback as stated by Stijnnn_ .

Here.
I trust this person :)
I think it was a little unwise to release this update before balancing the prices. They could have done this when it was still in beta, and they could have made the beta easier to access. If the prices were generally liked when the update was released, not so many people would have quit.

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
I think it was a little unwise to release this update before balancing the prices. They could have done this when it was still in beta, and they could have made the beta easier to access. If the prices were generally liked when the update was released, not so many people would have quit.
a soft launch was released for Java. if you played Java, you would've been aware of the changes before hand bc everything is just copied from there.

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him
To be honest, if some people suppose that CubeCraft was to place polls for update suggestions, they would have to do this for every aspect for every game, making it a nearly impossible task to accomplish. This is why they made a set cost price, then gathered feedback from the players of the server, in which they changed it to make the games more enjoyable.
If you do think polls were possible, please do tell me how it would work, I'm ready to accept if my view was false.
If not, how would you suppose CubeCraft would know what is 'generally liked' and wanted from the community?

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
In some cases, people did not have access to Minecraft: Java Edition... but really good thought.
I know, I'm just mentioning it because there were java threads opened for these changes. And instead of doing what most people are doing now( complaining ), they gave feedback on it in a right way and the devs listened.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom