Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

buttmaster27

Jun 22, 2016
Canada
youtube.com
Ok boys and girls and everyone else in between, let me give you some education on how Minecraft servers work using Via Version or any custom plugin that does the same job like it. "What is via version?" I see you commenting, well let me tell you. There are two plugins via version come with/you can get, via version the main plugin and via rewind, via version allows a server to run on version 1.12 the less laggy version for any server jar and allow players from 1.13 and above to join. Via rewind allows a server to run on 1.12 1.16 or whatever and allows 1.8 players and so on to join. Simple right? WRONG! To get you up to speed cube craft is running on a custom version of via version that was made in-house by the dev team, some things are different to tie it into cubes other plugins and custom jar and etc but that's not important. The bottom line, they're the same. cubes via version allow 1.16 players to join the server which is running in 1.12, and to do this the plugin needs to do a ton of things that I won't get into but simply put, it disallows players to do anything that is not in the 1.12 version. To simplify, If you are in 1.16 and are in creative mode and you try and hold a 1.16 block it will instantly vanish from your Hotbar. that is the plugin preventing the server from having a heart attack. According to the server that block ID does not exist so the plugin yeets it, understand yet? no? ok, let me get right to the point then. 1.16 you are able to crouch lower than 1.12 simple as that, your hitbox is altered while shifting. Via version does not allow for anything and I mean anything to be done in the game that is in a higher version than 1.12 and this includes shifting under slabs. If you try to shift under an object that you normally could in 1.16 the plugin will teleport you back to your original none game-breaking position, now if you place a block right above your head that does not allow you to jump remember 1.16 alters the hitbox but the server is in 1.12 and the plugin does not allow for 1.16 movements. so when shifting with a block above your head if you jump you instantly get teleported to the floor as the plugin detects an illegal move due to the different client hitbox to what the server can see. The plugin sees a 1.16 movement and eliminates it simple. So if you get shot or hit or punched anything that gives you knockback the plugin will think you are jumping anyway and correct your position. That is the most simple way to put it.

Q: Is this move legal?
A: As of right now yes as this is not really a glitch more along the lines of "is part of the game". They would have to ban people saying "you shifted in 1.16" and you just can't do that. But do not test the mods by just "abusing it" unreasonably

Q: Is this fixable?
A: Yes and no. The only fix I can see is the server updating to 1.16 which would eliminate the plugins need to correct your position doing 1.16 movement. If not that patching the plugin but would be very difficult.

Q: Does this work in every version?
A: bruh... no this only works if your client is 1.16 since that is when the new shift hitbox was added to the game. if you play in 1.12 you don't need to worry about anything.

Q: Can I trust you I won't be banned or warned
A: No because this is something that can't really be classified as a glitch since every single Minecraft server in existence using this setup has but the mods can still decide to ban or warn you if they think you are abusing it... too much. But will they follow you around every single game to try and catch you? probably not and do they really care? also probably not, they have more important things to do than hunt down 1.16 players and see if they shift under a block or not. But if you use it to the point a lot of people are reporting you or bugging the mods about you then you have a problem.

Xqzo

Novice Member
Mar 17, 2018
Them Netherlandy lands
1 thing I know is that on 1.8 servers, duel and ffa server can be obnoxiously laggy as some times and it causes people to not take knockback for certain amounts of seconds

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Wow, congrats on Helper, man
good job, good luck
Top Bottom