Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lello

Novice Member
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
Why-This-Post.jpg

Hello Cubers!

I created this post to tell my experience on CubeCraft (With some special thanks), from the distant 2017 until today.

My adventure has begun in 2017, when I entered CubeCraft for the first time, under the advice of one of mine best friend.
We both had a lot of fun playing Lucky Islands and Tower Defense, over the time by I became more and more aware that CubeCraft had great potential as a server, and to support it I decided to buy the Diamond Rank.
Right now, my favorite mode has become Skywars 1.8.9, that I play every day.
Cubecraft has always helped me to have fun, even in the saddest moments.

Thank-You-Forum.jpg

I created a forum account this year, specifically on Mar 14, 2020.
From that moment on, my expectations of cubecraft have risen even more than before.
I love this beautiful community, which daily shares their creations, their own purposes, and much more.
I want to thank everyone for creating a peaceful environment, in which all players can play without worries.

Thank you!

Thank-You-TT.jpg

I also wanted to thank the Translations Team, a group of wonderful people who work together to make CCG a
place accessible to more and more people. I care about all the people in the team, even those
with I have never established direct contact. The Translations Team has also changed my experience on CubeCraft,
it has offered me not only a great opportunity to improve my language skills,
but also a place where you can make friends with people from all over the world.

Thank you!

Thank-You-Staff.jpg

Last but not least we have all the server staff, who have always been committed in all possible ways
to make the Network a better place for everyone. Thank you!

Designers -> Everyone who build the maps we love so much (and not only), Thanks!
Helpers -> Everyone who work every day to help players that need help (and not only), Thanks!
Mods & Sr.Mods -> Everyone who is committed to keeping cubecraft a place free of cheaters (and more), Thanks!
Developers -> Everyone who are constantly working on developing new updates and game modes, Thanks!

Admins -> Everyone who manages the project, Thanks!

CubeCraft is a fantastic place, it introduced me to many people with whom I quickly made friends.
CubeCraft is a fantastic place, its Community is amazing.
CubeCraft is a fantastic place, its Translations Team is amazing.
CubeCraft is a fantastic place, its Staff is amazing.

Oh right, one last thing:
I Love CCG! <3

~ Lello

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
It's been so long since 2017, and I started playing in 2016. I was a forum and discord moderator for a different MC server briefly from Summer 2017-Early 2018, so I have some experience with what it felt while moderating despite doing so on a very small server. I'll put my two cents below.

Things I liked from 2016-2017 (this was my prime time at CCG, but will also include more recent stuff I observed):
- Player and staff interaction. It seems like interaction is still closer than what I've seen elsewhere.
- Only lucky islands and TD are the two fully released and unique standalone games on the server.
- One of the very few servers to use 1.9+ combat, and respect for taking that leap. I wanted a 1.9 SG but could not find a server with that until March 2016. Sadly the minigame is unpopular these days.
- Appeal and report system seems to be very fast, and there's feedback unlike Hypixel's system where reports are stored in a "database" and are never heard from again. One report against one guy does practically nothing over there as it either goes on deaf ears or MIRACULOUSLY has action taken when it's too late.

Things I didn't like:
- Skyblock here repeats the same mistake seen in Hypixel SkyBlock. It's a long grind with no feeling of accomplishment (e.g. no storyline) other than "make money using spawners." With all that money being printed into the game without enough being burned, if an economy even comes out then expect prices to be inflated. Forced linear progression also with certain unnecessary quests such as crafting leather armor and wood tools. Fortunately, as this server's Skyblock isn't fully flushed out compared to Hypixel's, there's still chances that these mistakes (and many critical ones seen in Hypixel's version such as scamming becoming rampant) aren't repeated.
- Huge updates rather than gradual ones. I read the backlash from this month's eggwars update. This is the same mistake Hypixel makes: big updates that don't have enough testing rather than small updates added over time. Small updates also make it easier to rollback to a previous version should that update not go well without losing too much.
- I watched videos that updating to 1.13+ isn't stable contrary to what 1.13+ promises, but why stay on 1.9 if 1.12.2 combat is the same as 1.9's but with some improvements (e.g. shield improvements, newer mobs/blocks added after 1.9)?
- The server's PvP mechanics are inconsistent for 1.9's combat system. First, the damage calculation on the server uses 1.8's (armor directly reduces damage w/o armor penetration taken into account) while combat uses 1.9's cooldowns. This creates longer fights than what should be with 1.9.1+'s vanilla system, provided that the server is updated to include diamond armor toughness. Note that 1.9 does not include armor toughness but 1.9.1 does. Reason for 1.9.1 is because the general rule of thumb is that full diamond armor gives twice as much EHP (effective HP) compared to full iron armor. This rule is not observed in 1.9 (thus full diamond in 1.9 grants less than 2x the EHP that iron gives).​
- Forums seems very empty despite a lot of activity on the Bedrock server (based on statistics showing 5 digits worth of players). Comments also seem uniform according to this post. I would rather see genuine comments (like the ones I make for example) than generic ones. This server's community has potential unlike Hypixel's where their's is flooded with disrespectful users who don't read posts carefully and attack each other. Where did diversity go here?

EDIT: PvP mechanic, 1.9 vs 1.9.1+

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 554359

I am glad because you love it, and it is nice to make this thread explain to people about your opinions!

Reactions: Lello

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
It's been so long since 2017, and I started playing in 2016. I was a forum and discord moderator for a different MC server briefly from Summer 2017-Early 2018, so I have some experience with what it felt while moderating despite doing so on a very small server. I'll put my two cents below.

Things I liked from 2016-2017 (this was my prime time at CCG, but will also include more recent stuff I observed):
- Player and staff interaction. It seems like interaction is still closer than what I've seen elsewhere.
- Only lucky islands and TD are the two fully released and unique standalone games on the server.
- One of the very few servers to use 1.9+ combat, and respect for taking that leap. I wanted a 1.9 SG but could not find a server with that until March 2016. Sadly the minigame is unpopular these days.
- Appeal and report system seems to be very fast, and there's feedback unlike Hypixel's system where reports are stored in a "database" and are never heard from again. One report against one guy does practically nothing over there as it either goes on deaf ears or MIRACULOUSLY has action taken when it's too late.

Things I didn't like:
- Skyblock here repeats the same mistake seen in Hypixel SkyBlock. It's a long grind with no feeling of accomplishment (e.g. no storyline) other than "make money using spawners." With all that money being printed into the game without enough being burned, if an economy even comes out then expect prices to be inflated. Forced linear progression also with certain unnecessary quests such as crafting leather armor and wood tools. Fortunately, as this server's Skyblock isn't fully flushed out compared to Hypixel's, there's still chances that these mistakes (and many critical ones seen in Hypixel's version such as scamming becoming rampant) aren't repeated.
- Huge updates rather than gradual ones. I read the backlash from this month's eggwars update. This is the same mistake Hypixel makes: big updates that don't have enough testing rather than small updates added over time. Small updates also make it easier to rollback to a previous version should that update not go well without losing too much.
- I watched videos that updating to 1.13+ isn't stable contrary to what 1.13+ promises, but why stay on 1.9 if 1.12.2 combat is the same as 1.9's but with some improvements (e.g. shield improvements, newer mobs/blocks added after 1.9)?
- The server's PvP mechanics are inconsistent for 1.9's combat system. First, the damage calculation on the server uses 1.8's (armor directly reduces damage w/o armor penetration taken into account) while combat uses 1.9's cooldowns. This creates longer fights than what should be with 1.9.1+'s vanilla system, provided that the server is updated to include diamond armor toughness. Note that 1.9 does not include armor toughness but 1.9.1 does. Reason for 1.9.1 is because the general rule of thumb is that full diamond armor gives twice as much EHP (effective HP) compared to full iron armor. This rule is not observed in 1.9 (thus full diamond in 1.9 grants less than 2x the EHP that iron gives).​
- Forums seems very empty despite a lot of activity on the Bedrock server (based on statistics showing 5 digits worth of players). Comments also seem uniform according to this post. I would rather see genuine comments (like the ones I make for example) than generic ones. This server's community has potential unlike Hypixel's where their's is flooded with disrespectful users who don't read posts carefully and attack each other. Where did diversity go here?

EDIT: PvP mechanic, 1.9 vs 1.9.1+
Can you stop being negative please?

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Can you stop being negative please?

Kinda ironic, considering you just posted a hate comment on a post meant to be positive. People really can just be negative. :oof:

He's not hating or being negative? He's just pointing out stuff that he likes and dislikes about this server. Are players not allowed to discuss what they like and dislike about Cubecraft? Dialogue like this is important to the health of the server. If players only talk about what they like while excluding what they dislike then there is no way a server can improve. As you can see when he talks about his dislikes he provides small solutions or ideas to fix/improve mistakes on the server. Although this thread may not be the place to vent about what someone dislikes about this server, I think it's fine too talk about it since the forums is a place of discourse.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
He's not hating or being negative? He's just pointing out stuff that he likes and dislikes about this server. Are players not allowed to discuss what they like and dislike about Cubecraft? Dialogue like this is important to the health of the server. If players only talk about what they like while excluding what they dislike then there is no way a server can improve. As you can see when he talks about his dislikes he provides small solutions or ideas to fix/improve mistakes on the server. Although this thread may not be the place to vent about what someone dislikes about this server, I think it's fine too talk about it since the forums is a place of discourse.
Okay I’m just saying that it is titled I love ccg so maybe post in in a thread saying I hate ccg or your own thread

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Okay I’m just saying that it is titled I love ccg so maybe post in in a thread saying I hate ccg or your own thread
I never said I hate CCG or intended the post to be "entirely negative" (negativity by itself isn't good, but a balance of negativity and positivity is needed). There's both the good and bad to the server and I see that the server can overcome its shortcomings. Just because you like or love something does not mean you should turn a blind eye on the negative aspects as well, and the opposite is true.

Kinda ironic, considering you just posted a hate comment on a post meant to be positive. People really can just be negative. :oof:
Again, I never said I hate CCG. The section you quoted was referring to Hypixel's "community" already at rock bottom while this server's community isn't.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I really liked your thread.

Also I think CubeCraft has done and continues to do very good things, as it always wants the best for its Community of players.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I never said I hate CCG or intended the post to be "entirely negative" (negativity by itself isn't good, but a balance of negativity and positivity is needed). There's both the good and bad to the server and I see that the server can overcome its shortcomings. Just because you like or love something does not mean you should turn a blind eye on the negative aspects as well, and the opposite is true.

Again, I never said I hate CCG. The section you quoted was referring to Hypixel's "community" already at rock bottom while this server's community isn't.
Okay sorry it’s just I think rude to be at all negative on a I love ccg post

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020

And also why are u ranting on a community that you don’t even play on

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
And also why are u ranting on a community that you don’t even play on
Not ranting, but I would never comment on something if I had not experienced or done my homework on a topic recently. I actually briefly played CubeCraft for the past few days, though my impressions came from my brief Skyblock gameplay and a couple hours of FFA.

I vividly remember the 2017 FFA when people had formed clans and only a few were actually fighting while most were chilling at popular spots. Now I see a motley of people apparently without clans.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Not ranting, but I would never comment on something if I had not experienced or done my homework on a topic recently. I actually briefly played CubeCraft for the past few days, though my impressions came from my brief Skyblock gameplay and a couple hours of FFA.

I vividly remember the 2017 FFA when people had formed clans and only a few were actually fighting while most were chilling at popular spots. Now I see a motley of people apparently without clans.
So that’s good cuz now there fighting right

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom