Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Good idea?

• Total voters

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Hello people of cubecraft. I have a new game suggestion that is fun and simple to play. The basic mechanics involve one player designated as the hunter and everyone else must get killed by them. But before you say this is a copy of murder mystery it’s not, there are more roles for players to play. I will now explain the game in detail, basically a player gets the role of hunter and their goal is to kill everyone without getting noticed, but there is a twist there are different roles that all play a vital role for game play. The hunter will one hit all players they hit. Now I will explain the roles

The fortune teller: this rank grants the player who has this class the ability to see another players role. If this person hits a player they will receive a message saying what class the person they hit is.

The witch: this class can kill and heal before they die. They get to use their heal ability every time they see a dead body.

The sheriff: this guy must help the people find out who the hunter is. He can also see footsteps left by the hunter.

Those are the three classes and every game a random person gets each role.

Other game mechanics:

Cosmetics: all ranks can get certain vanity items like death particles(just like win particles but when they die) and certain prefixes only for this game.

Dead bodies: This is like survival games people, this is to let the witch be useful.

Last words: this is a feature, that allows people to set a final saying before they die. They set their last words in the lobby.

Ghosting: to prevent ghosting in anyway you will be redirected to the lobby immediately.

Game time and winning points: the game should not last any longer than 5 minutes(depending on mode). If you win any game it is 30 points universally and 150 experience.

Voting for ranks: This may be one of the few games where voting would ruin the concept of the game.

Modes: There will be 2 modes introduced alongside the main one. Them being guess who and bounty hunters.

Guess who: In this mode the players will be based in a town where there is actual npcs and the hunter is tasked with killing every player.

Bounty hunter: this mode basically gives people a goal to target weather it be an item or player. If they collect the item or kill the player they get an award of points. It lasts until all players have died and one man is standing. Roles are not not applicable in this mode.

Mechanics of bounty hunter: People are tasked with stealing an item or killing an npcs or player. Players must deliver the things to the soul merchant in the center of the map. This mode should be based in a city like map with dark alleyways and other things.

That’s about it for now, if you have any suggestions please tell me and I’ll consider adding them to the thread. Also please refrain from saying this is a copy of murder mystery, its similar but its not a copy.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Sounds like a fun game to play, but, I do think it's way too similar to murder mystery. If we find out a way to differenciate it more from the popular hypixel game well, it would be great., Most of it looks like it was taken from hypixel and just got its name changed. If it can evolve into a much more "cubecraft" game, I'd love to see this implemented.

Reactions: Patins

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello people of cubecraft. I have a new game suggestion that is fun and simple to play. The basic mechanics involve one player designated as the hunter and everyone else must get killed by them. But before you say this is a copy of murder mystery it’s not, there are more roles for players to play. I will now explain the game in detail, basically a player gets the role of hunter and their goal is to kill everyone without getting noticed, but there is a twist there are different roles that all play a vital role for game play. The hunter will one hit all players they hit. Now I will explain the roles

The fortune teller: this rank grants the player who has this class the ability to see another players role. If this person hits a player they will receive a message saying what class the person they hit is.

The witch: this class can kill and heal before they die. They get to use their heal ability every time they see a dead body.

The sheriff: this guy must help the people find out who the hunter is. He has no real special ability.

Other game mechanics:

Cosmetics: all ranks can get certain vanity items like death particles(just like win particles but when they die) and certain prefixes only for this game.

Dead bodies: This is like survival games people, this is to let the witch be useful.

Last words: this is a feature, that allows people to set a final saying before they die. They set their last words in the lobby.

Ghosting: to prevent ghosting in anyway you will be redirected to the lobby immediately.

Game time and winning points: the game should not last any longer than 5 minutes(depending on mode). If you win any game it is 30 points universally and 150 experience.

Voting for ranks: This may be one of the few games where voting would ruin the concept of the game.

Modes: There will be 2 modes introduced alongside the main one. Them being guess who and bounty hunters.

Guess who: In this mode the players will be based in a town where there is actual npcs and the hunter is tasked with killing every player.

Bounty hunter: this mode basically gives people a goal to target weather it be an item or player. If they collect the item or kill the player they get an award of points. It lasts until all players have died and one man is standing. Roles are not not applicable in this mode.

Mechanics of bounty hunter: People are tasked with stealing an item or killing an npcs or player. Players must deliver the things to the soul merchant in the center of the map. This mode should be based in a city like map with dark alleyways and other things.

That’s about it for now, if you have any suggestions please tell me and I’ll consider adding them to the thread. Also please refrain from saying this is a copy of murder mystery, its similar but its not a copy.
Sounds like a great game. Maybe you can give the sheriff the ability to see footprints from the hunter after 10/15 minutes or I don't know how long a normal game takes.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Sounds like a fun game to play, but, I do think it's way too similar to murder mystery. If we find out a way to differenciate it more from the popular hypixel game well, it would be great., Most of it looks like it was taken from hypixel and just got its name changed. If it can evolve into a much more "cubecraft" game, I'd love to see this implemented.
It’s similar in the concept that you have to kill everyone, but I have added things like the witch and fortune teller and also some new modes to differentiate from the hypixel version. Plus in hypixel murder mystery there is only the killer and detective where as my version makes the game slightly more balanced and interesting.
Sounds like a great game. Maybe you can give the sheriff the ability to see footprints from the hunter after 10/15 minutes or I don't know how long a normal game takes.
a normal game takes about 5 minutes and that’s not a bad idea I’ll add that to the thread.

Reactions: Siftenly

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It’s similar in the concept that you have to kill everyone, but I have added things like the witch and fortune teller and also some new modes to differentiate from the hypixel version. Plus in hypixel murder mystery there is only the killer and detective where as my version makes the game slightly more balanced and interesting.
Having that in mind, I think it should totally be added to cubecraft!
+1
Also, do the players die by 1 hit? Or is pvp necessary? I would really love to make this a pvp mini game but with roles and powers.
If not, there could be two game modes the classic (1 hit deaths) or the pvp mode.

Silphaer

Jul 9, 2016
Scotland
I'd like to see this implemented, definitely. I agree that voting shouldn't be allowed. The three game modes should always be randomly chosen.

Reactions: MimicPanda

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Having that in mind, I think it should totally be added to cubecraft!
+1
Also, do the players die by 1 hit? Or is pvp necessary? I would really love to make this a pvp mini game but with roles and powers.
If not, there could be two game modes the classic (1 hit deaths) or the pvp mode.
It can be a separate mode, but the problem with that is the fact that what would the normals pvp with. If you give me an idea on how to add it I’ll consider adding it to the thread.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

The sheriff: this guy must help the people find out who the hunter is. He can also see footsteps left by the hunter.

Other game mechanics:

Maybe it could be altered in the slightest and this would be a great game!
+1

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

Other game mechanics:

Love the idea! This has to be added to CubeCraft. Also love the different roles.
Yes, after a little of time they should be able to see footprints.
This is a +1 from me :p

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It can be a separate mode, but the problem with that is the fact that what would the normals pvp with. If you give me an idea on how to add it I’ll consider adding it to the thread.
Well as normals don't have powers, they could have stone swords, a bow and 15 arrows and a shield.
The withches would have a wand to heal and a wooden sword and a shield.
The hunter would have a diamond sword.
The fortune teller would have a crystal with the power of fortune telling and a wooden sword and a shield.
The sheriff would have a stone sword and a pistol (maybe a paintball gun).

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Well as normals don't have powers, they could have stone swords, a bow and 15 arrows and a shield.
The withches would have a wand to heal and a wooden sword and a shield.
The hunter would have a diamond sword.
The fortune teller would have a crystal with the power of fortune telling and a wooden sword and a shield.
The sheriff would have a stone sword and a pistol (maybe a paintball gun).
Would they have Armour? If so what would the hunter get?
I like the idea of no ghosting, but make it to where instead of going to the hub, it just puts you in the death chat rather than the chat that evrryone can see if that makes sense.
it does but what about people who are in a party and use party chat. Other than that the idea of dead chat is good. I’ll add that to the thread later.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Would they have Armour? If so what would the hunter get?

it does but what about people who are in a party and use party chat. Other than that the idea of dead chat is good. I’ll add that to the thread later.
I do agree that ghosting in this game would be a problem and the solution could be to send them to the lobby, but maybe have party chat disabled in the game?

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
I think they should all have leather armour and the hunter chainmail armour.
This game requires 16 people and if there is 12 people attacking you, you will surely die. But I’m sure there’s a fix for it.
I do agree that ghosting in this game would be a problem and the solution could be to send them to the lobby, but maybe have party chat disabled in the game?
Sending them to lobby is best bet, party chat can’t be disabled because people will complain so just send them to the lobby. It will be like Ender.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
so I take it if in a party it will act like it did in Ender
I love any gamemode like this
doesn't this kind of have a negative effect
you know last words you can't be warned if you break a chat rule if you instantly go to the lobby

Overall I like the game and would love this to be added
ESPECIALLY guess who

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
This game requires 16 people and if there is 12 people attacking you, you will surely die. But I’m sure there’s a fix for it.
True, then maybe they can have only a leather chestplate and hat, the hunter has iron chestplate and helmet and diamond leggings and boots. The hunter's sword could have sharpness II.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom