Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
I really like to play Skywars but I have one struggle with it.

The hunger
I annoy me so much about the hunger, I'f I walk 5 blocks I'm hungry again. On the most servers you don't have to eat most of the time. Why is this not on cubecraft? But hunger don't have to be removed!

A solution?
1. Set the difficulty to easy

Thx for reading and have a nice day!

Reactions: LlTE and Fqnta

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
First of all, I think if you want to add this it needs to be on every game. When I play with you, you always complain about the hunger when you play 1.9. (😂) I don't really get why. In Hypixel (Meh) you never have any hunger, usually on CubeCraft 1.8 but you receive 64+ gaps to heal.

Yeah, healing, when you have SkyWars or EggWars. When you play EggWars fir example and you are done with fighting and you're like 1 heart and you don't have hunger, how do you want to heal? With Golden Apples but not with steaks. Than you will waste your golden apples. I think if you don't have golden apples, and you don't have hunger, how do you want to heal youself? Personally I don't really like this idea because healing is still a good thing on Cube and everybody calls each other a cleaner if someone cleaner. I think it will be chaos, sorry. 🙁

Reactions: Zerynn

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
First of all, I think if you want to add this it needs to be on every game. When I play with you, you always complain about the hunger when you play 1.9. (😂) I don't really get why. In Hypixel (Meh) you never have any hunger, usually on CubeCraft 1.8 but you receive 64+ gaps to heal.

Yeah, healing, when you have SkyWars or EggWars. When you play EggWars fir example and you are done with fighting and you're like 1 heart and you don't have hunger, how do you want to heal? With Golden Apples but not with steaks. Than you will waste your golden apples. I think if you don't have golden apples, and you don't have hunger, how do you want to heal youself? Personally I don't really like this idea because healing is still a good thing on Cube and everybody calls each other a cleaner if someone cleaner. I think it will be chaos, sorry. 🙁
I see the problem about healing. But on Hypixel you heal at the same speed as on cubecraft and I think that developers can fix that. And yes I always complain about hunger xD.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
I see the problem about healing. But on Hypixel you heal at the same speed as on cubecraft and I think that developers can fix that. And yes I always complain about hunger xD.
This is not true tho. In 1.8 hunger works different then in 1.9. You will get hunger often if you were hurt in 1.9. Also when you eat in 1.9 all the food usage turns into hearts much faster than in 1.8 and when that happens you must take into account your food usage is minimum if it has been a hard fight.
What I do is run until I'm hungry again and eat while I'm full health so I'm ready to fight or in solo skywars I shoot to myself so I get half heart of damage and I'm able to eat sooner.

Reactions: Zerynn and Zathelas

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
This is not true tho. In 1.8 hunger works different then in 1.9. You will get hunger often if you were hurt in 1.9. Also when you eat in 1.9 all the food usage turns into hearts much faster than in 1.8 and when that happens you must take into account your food usage is minimum if it has been a hard fight.
What I do is run until I'm hungry again and eat while I'm full health so I'm ready to fight or in solo skywars I shoot to myself so I get half heart of damage and I'm able to eat sooner.
O didn't now that. I'm sorry =(

Reactions: Herrero

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I really like to play Skywars but I have one struggle with it.

The hunger
I annoy me so much about the hunger, I'f I walk 5 blocks I'm hungry again. On the most servers you don't have to eat most of the time. Why is this not on cubecraft? But hunger don't have to be removed!

A solution?
1. Set the difficulty to easy

Thx for reading and have a nice day!
This can be explained through your lack of knowledge of hunger. I will try to explain to you hunger has good as possible.
This is not true tho. In 1.8 hunger works different then in 1.9
This is true and I will mainly focus on the 1.9 side of the mechanics, as they work slightly more complicated and changing the hunger mechanics has a lot more impact in 1.9 PvP.

Okay, so for the explanation:
Hunger works with 3 different statistics:
  1. Exhaustion (an invisible value that explains how the player becomes hungry)
  2. Saturation (an invisible, second hunger bar)
  3. Hunger (the hunger bar)
(1) Exhaustion is quite easy. It is a value that starts at 0 at resets at 4. Every action in the game like sprinting, swimming, jumping adds to exhaustion (for example if you jump 80 times, exhaustion goes from 0 to 4) every time it hits 4 you will lose one hunger point and the value changes back to 0.

This hunger point gets removed from 1. the saturation and if now saturation is left from 2. your hunger bar.

(2) Saturation is, while simplifying a bit, a second invisible hunger bar. All food you eat gives both saturation and hunger.

(3) hunger is simply the bar you can actually see and works the same as saturation.

So now, how does 1.9 differ from 1.8?

in 1.9 when the player has ANY saturation left, his hunger is full and his health isn't the left over saturation turns into health. This happens until the player is full health, or no saturation is left. 1.8 doesn't have this feature.
Sources:

Okay, now you know the rough workings of hunger lets take a look at your suggestion.
So first of all the solution of difficulty doesn't work. Only on peaceful the hunger mechanics change (hunger doesn't deplete) which would be a COMPLETE overhaul of cubecraft's mechanics for the worse.
Second of all any other solutions would be hard to implement/balance. Changing the hunger/saturation values would change PvP mechanics. Saturation would mean players stay alive forever, hunger would make it hard for them to keep their health up since their saturation stays too low, increasing cleaning.
Finally, you could change the exhaustion values of sprinting/jumping etc. This could technically 'fix' the issue, however, will also make it harder to lose hunger outside fights. This is what you wanted, but will cause players to not be able to keep their saturation high at all times so fights become again, harder to manage health.

Reactions: Zerynn
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Reesle wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈 🧁
… and congrats on 450 messages!
Top Bottom