Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I want to further explain my vision of the map 'Moon base', because I think it's probably the most unique map of them all, and perhaps on the entire server.

Basically, the map consists of two sections: the moon base, and the lunar surface. When inside the moon base, players will be able to explore without any limitations. However, when outside, on the lunar surface, you will be required to equip a space helmet (found in one's inventory) to avoid taking rapid damage that will kill you. Better yet, this helmet can break! It's only an iron helmet, so if you can break your opponent's space helmet, they'll die in seconds. Use this knowledge to decide how you want to approach your opponent.

All the while, everybody will have either Jump Boost II or Jump Boost III (whichever is more immersive). None of this map will make any logical sense without the Jump Boost, as players will not be able to reach corridors and intersections that lead to other areas.

On the lunar surface, you'll find all sorts of environments that are suitable for PvP. Such environments include craters, dig sites and caves, rovers, fallen shuttles, greenhouse gardens, an american flag, and even a tardis. The tardis could have a teleport pad on it to give the feeling of it being bigger on the inside, or it could simply be left as a cute little detail on the map.

Players will spawn in with thirty levels of experience, allowing you to repair your space helmet through combat. Said helmet will have one enchantment: Mending I. If you kill your opponents quickly enough, your helmet will never break. However, you have to keep killing people; that's the hard part.

The moon base and lunar surface respectively will take up about 50% of the map each. The top of the moon base, and rocky hills on the lunar surface, will be suitable for Mariners and Archers. The Ninja kit might see a little more usage on this map too, having an additional piece of armour that's currently absent. Plus, the Speed II combined with the Jump Boost would be really cool to use. Tanks will see a slight nerf in that they take the greatest sacrifice to damage resistance when on the lunar surface, since they go from a Prot. II diamond helmet to an ordinary iron helmet.

@Efcluke94 c:

Reactions: A pigeon
A

A pigeon

About the moon base , as jumo boost will mess with pvp , i suggest levitation 255 , which (i believe ) makes it so you dint float , but actually fall down slowly . The linar base should be in the middle of the map and should only be 1/5th if the entire map . Love the little sniper friendly area yoy made .

Since people have recently found ice on the moon (or was it mars?) , maybe a small ice cavern? Perhaps ice cavern should be its own map.

Craters should make you fly up into the sky , levitation 10 maybe ?

Greenhouse seems iffy tbh .

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
About the moon base , as jumo boost will mess with pvp , i suggest levitation 255 , which (i believe ) makes it so you dint float , but actually fall down slowly .
Wouldn't that mess with pvp even more? At least with jump boost you can decide not to jump. With that you'd be gliding around every time you got hit.

A

A pigeon

Wouldn't that mess with pvp even more? At least with jump boost you can decide not to jump. With that you'd be gliding around every time you got hit.
Oh . Use a plugin to make it take effect only after a 3 block fall.

Imagine the crits you could do .

F

Facelurite

That's Mars, though if mankind were to colonise the Moon, they'd absolutely bring water :p
Apparently there's actual water on the moon. I didnt get notifications on this thread for aome reason .

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I see no reason why not to add this. You mentioned a lot of things which make Kit-PvP unpopular and this could make a great difference! (If it doesn't take as long as the parkour maintenance) New maps and achievements are always welcome!
Although the new shop system might confuse a lot of people at the beginning, I think it's way more fair and it fits KitPvP/FFA very well!
However, I don't really see a point to increase the player cap -nowadays it rarely fills above 35- but maybe only when all the other suggestions gets added, too. Since it might be needed then.
Furthermore, I really like the fact that you suggested more kits with poor armour, but exclusive abilities. (I'm not really fan of the Miner (TNT) -kit though)
If 'most wanted' gets added, there's finally a rewarding for the person with the highest killstreak! (Although I will never become the most wanted myself :p)
The 'hot spot' is the best suggestion in my opinion! I have always loved the idea of getting random loot. Who doesn't want exclusive items? It's just a really cool concept! (Although the loot shouldn't give you too many advantages and there might be 'hotspotcampers')
Thanks for all the effort you put into this and I'd love to see those suggestions getting added!

A

A pigeon

I see no reason why not to add this. You mentioned a lot of things which make Kit-PvP unpopular and this could make a great difference! (If it doesn't take as long as the parkour maintenance) New maps and achievements are always welcome! Although the new shop system might confuse a lot of people at the beginning, I think it's way more fair and it fits KitPvP/FFA very well! However, I don't really see a point to increase the player cap -nowadays it rarely fills above 35- but maybe only when all the other suggestions gets added, too. Since it might be needed then. Furthermore, I really like the fact that you suggested more kits with poor armour, but exclusive abilities. (I'm not really fan of the TNT-kit though) If 'most wanted' gets added, there's finally a rewarding for the person with the highest killstreak! (Although I will never become the most wanted myself :p) The 'hot spot' is the best suggestion in my opinion! I have loved the idea of getting random loot. Who doesn't want exclusive items? It's just a really cool concept! (Although the loot shouldn't give you too many advantages and there might be 'hotspotcampers')
Thanks for all the effort you put into this and I'd love to see those suggestions getting added!
Naturally the hot spot will keep changing .

The part near volcano surrounded by lava completely should be a hotsopt as well . So should the helicopter and one of thise buildings that has redstone dust on top

If not the chopper that perhaps the building durectly under it?

Reactions: Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Naturally the hot spot will keep changing . What ? Did you thibk there was only one of them

The part near volcano surrounded by lava completely should be a hotsopt as well . So should the helicopter and one of thise buildings that has redstone dust on top

If not the chopper that perhaps the building durectly under it?
Yeah, i think i didn't read that totally right :p
The things you mentioned are also great hotspots in my opinion!

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
Top Bottom