Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
So without a doubt its so annoying having to deal with new players wrongfully placing there towers and then not fixing and or removing them once you explain that they placed it wrong. So a lot of people suggest that we should just have towers snap into the middle of the square so it prevents that. But a lot of the good players usually put 5x5 towers like leach on 3x3 spots. So what i was thinking is maybe until you get 10 or 20 wins in tower defense, you are forced to have tower snapping on, and once you get that amount of wins you will get an option to be able to turn it on/off in the settings. This would stop new players from ruining the game for everyone on there team.

Also i think there should be a place people can go to be able to watch a video and or a forum to read how to play the game. Like maybe have a link to a YouTube video explaining the game that people could click in chat as soon as you join the lobby. Because i would assume a lot of people want to get into playing tower defense and learn the game but they just don't understand how.

Why does any of this matter?
Well tower defense is a game that is kinda dying. there is not a big player base for that game mode like it used to be back in 2016, And alot of the players who love this game are getting sick and overly frustrated by new people not understanding what to do and how to place towers. For myself lately i have completely stopped playing. it seems like 1 out of every 3 games you will get someone who spams archer in the middle of 4 3x3 spots and then poof, a whole row is gone and you lose the game. Most of the time the people who are doing that don't speak English or legit just don't read chat and doesn't care.

If anyone else has any suggestions on how we can fix this situation please leave it in the comments because honestly something needs to be done before tower defense gets removed because of the dying playerbase. We don't want another block band on our hands lol

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I feel like having a brief explanation on how TD works would be pretty useful since I find it a little complicated and never really understood how the game works (still don’t really). I mean, I know the whole aim of the game I just don’t even bother playing it since I’m not sure where to place towers or what they even do.

I’ve seen many players complain about others misplacing towers and I feel like if there were to be some sort of tutorial it could have a chance at making gameplay much more enjoyable for everyone.

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
I hater with u atm a lot of the players just quit because of trollers and new players. If he get a special place on the forum to make a tutorial it would help them understand the game and it makes the game more fun for the other players. Good ideas! 😁

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
I would love to get some feedback from staff as well, What do you guys think of this suggestion and has anyone on the team thought of anything to help combat misplacers?

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think in stead of 10/20, it should be like 50. why that many? 10 wins isnt that hard when you play with a good team, you could get dragged trough the game as a noob. 50 is a lot, but you get the time to understand how the game works. the snapping stuff sounds kinda messy in some ways in my opinion and i really dont like it because of it, but the option to disable/enable "misplacing" 5x5 towers would be kinda nice for the more experienced people here

Reactions: Anthoken

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
So without a doubt its so annoying having to deal with new players wrongfully placing there towers and then not fixing and or removing them once you explain that they placed it wrong. So a lot of people suggest that we should just have towers snap into the middle of the square so it prevents that. But a lot of the good players usually put 5x5 towers like leach on 3x3 spots. So what i was thinking is maybe until you get 10 or 20 wins in tower defense, you are forced to have tower snapping on, and once you get that amount of wins you will get an option to be able to turn it on/off in the settings. This would stop new players from ruining the game for everyone on there team.

Also i think there should be a place people can go to be able to watch a video and or a forum to read how to play the game. Like maybe have a link to a YouTube video explaining the game that people could click in chat as soon as you join the lobby. Because i would assume a lot of people want to get into playing tower defense and learn the game but they just don't understand how.

Why does any of this matter?
Well tower defense is a game that is kinda dying. there is not a big player base for that game mode like it used to be back in 2016, And alot of the players who love this game are getting sick and overly frustrated by new people not understanding what to do and how to place towers. For myself lately i have completely stopped playing. it seems like 1 out of every 3 games you will get someone who spams archer in the middle of 4 3x3 spots and then poof, a whole row is gone and you lose the game. Most of the time the people who are doing that don't speak English or legit just don't read chat and doesn't care.

If anyone else has any suggestions on how we can fix this situation please leave it in the comments because honestly something needs to be done before tower defense gets removed because of the dying playerbase. We don't want another block band on our hands lol

If you ever wanted to play a game for nostalgia and you don't wanna have this problem, then start a conversation with me, I can arrange a team of 6 for ya most of the time, so if you ever want to play just hmu

Peytally

Apr 21, 2020
United States
I'm not sure if this would make the map ugly, but putting fencing or stone walls around each tower square would make it more obvious of how to place towers.

• Haha
Reactions: Matriox

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ya its really frustrating but i think youve came up with a really good idea to fix it. Solo still needs to be a thing tho.

Pro tip for p that want to get lots of handled reports: play tower defense. I usually get 2-3 reports per game when im not playing with friends. All these reports r from ppl trolling and misplacing towers.

Attachments

• A07546F8-C1B7-4F8D-9200-90BE73A58411.jpeg
    A07546F8-C1B7-4F8D-9200-90BE73A58411.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 184

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Ya its really frustrating but i think youve came up with a really good idea to fix it. Solo still needs to be a thing tho.

Pro tip for p that want to get lots of handled reports: play tower defense. I usually get 2-3 reports per game when im not playing with friends. All these reports r from ppl trolling and misplacing towers.
same here, a lot of mine are handled (others because "not enough..." cuz they dont accept under 3 towers). about to make 1 video for 2 people again

Reactions: Anthoken and 404Owl

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
3 in a day? sounds you dont play a lot hahaha, but i feel you. this one guy said he doesnt care because everyone else does it x3 ez report
Lol i stopped playing after all those trolls. It took me bout 20 mins to actually get att the recordings and stuff and by then i was sick of td so ya i couldve gotten more lol

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Lol i stopped playing after all those trolls. It took me bout 20 mins to actually get att the recordings and stuff and by then i was sick of td so ya i couldve gotten more lol
better find a group of friends to play with then, or a discord server with people who do understand the game. but i feel you, i've been burned out for a while cuz of this problem

• Sad
Reactions: Shotgun
Top Bottom