• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
lol what kid got so salty and jealous of YOUR builds he voted 'No'
I was thinking the same thing, like those kids on new YouTube video comments being like:
"Oh sorry to dislike your video, but I had to be first"
I mean, most CCG maps at their current state, without offence, are really, really, bad. Like most solo skywars maps and a few Eggwars maps.
These,
These masterpieces of contemporary art this individual made
are more than three times better than what we have now
No offence to current builders but
It's true IMHO

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
They're not something to cry about really...
But if cubecraft ONLY had maps like these, lots would complain of frame lag because of the immense detail.
It's not really the detail but the amount of blocks themselves. You see, most CCG current maps are artistically not the best, but their gameplay is fairly decent, which is what matters. I think that, playability should be considered but we're lacking a lot on artistic value on current maps. And it doesn't need to be a giant dragon or anything to be a good map, original would already be enough. Jesus, there's a SkyWars map called trees and it's a BARE ISLAND with a vanilla tree or two in them! And the gameplay only revolves around rushing, like we didn't have 5-blocks-wide islands already that don't even give you enough space to walk on.

While I do think some CCG maps are both artistic and playable, most of them are just one or the other. Like elements, good design but gameplay is just so weird for a SkyWars map, or something like Eggwars's forest, amazing gameplay but it's got the most stereotypical Minecraft sky islands in it... Just bare islands with custom trees and some tall grass...

Reactions: Bloxen

Bloxen

Feb 27, 2016
N/A
www.enjin.com
;)
It's not really the detail but the amount of blocks themselves. You see, most CCG current maps are artistically not the best, but their gameplay is fairly decent, which is what matters. I think that, playability should be considered but we're lacking a lot on artistic value on current maps. And it doesn't need to be a giant dragon or anything to be a good map, original would already be enough. Jesus, there's a SkyWars map called trees and it's a BARE ISLAND with a vanilla tree or two in them! And the gameplay only revolves around rushing, like we didn't have 5-blocks-wide islands already that don't even give you enough space to walk on.

While I do think some CCG maps are both artistic and playable, most of them are just one or the other. Like elements, good design but gameplay is just so weird for a SkyWars map, or something like Eggwars's forest, amazing gameplay but it's got the most stereotypical Minecraft sky islands in it... Just bare islands with custom trees and some tall grass...
I definitely understand where you are coming from and I can account for all of the points you made, rest asured.;)

Reactions: Ping Ether

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net

I see where you're coming from, but some of these maps are quite old... Back then cubecraft wouldn't have gotten so many talented builds.
I think(might be wrong) cubecraft looks for both: Decent amount of detail (Must be original too) AND good playability

Bloxen

Feb 27, 2016
N/A
www.enjin.com
I see where you're coming from, but some of these maps are quite old... Back then cubecraft wouldn't have gotten so many talented builds.
I think(might be wrong) cubecraft looks for both: Decent amount of detail (Must be original too) AND good playability
I can definitely handle both c:

AssSpray

Oct 15, 2016
Amazing, you should definitely apply for builder! You would be someone they would hire for sure :). Keep up the work!

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Lag is not really a problem as long as he doesn't use an excessive amount of blocks with inventories especially item frames and hoppers you won't get much more lag then if you were in a survival world. Not going crazy with fancy lighting will reduce lag as well :P These builds are kind of similar to the ones on the survival games map fantasy and that does not lag.

Bloxen

Feb 27, 2016
N/A
www.enjin.com
Lag is not really a problem as long as he doesn't use an excessive amount of blocks with inventories especially item frames and hoppers you won't get much more lag then if you were in a survival world. Not going crazy with fancy lighting will reduce lag as well :p These builds are kind of similar to the ones on the survival games map fantasy and that does not lag.
In actuality what causes lag, isnt just the size or detail of a build. It is dependant on how good the player's computer hardware is in comparison to which country the host is located at, and where the player is connecting from.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
In actuality what causes lag, isnt just the size or detail of a build. It is dependant on how good the player's computer hardware is in comparison to which country the host is located at, and where the player is connecting from.
And correct me if I am wrong but it also depends on Internet speed right?

CookiesAlwaysWin

Dec 2, 2015
Retro Landscape
WOW Nice work dude i hope so hard that you get accepted as builder!
Untitled-1_698265.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom