Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
1607348326110.png

Hi, I’m Jens, I’m 16 years old and I’m from The Netherlands. I’ve been an infrastructure engineer here at CubeCraft Games for a few weeks. I thought this would be the right time to make an introduction thread to all who’d like to know me. I have quite a lot reading material for you, so take your time :).

My history with CubeCraft
Ever since I bought Minecraft Java (~2013), I’ve played on CubeCraft. I’m not at a very high level (yet), but that’s mainly because I die very often :dontbullyme:. I think CubeCraft is a nice place to start my (kind of) professional career because it’s a family-friendly server with a nice community.

You may also see that my CubeCraft forums account is from 2017. That’s the time I thought it was a good idea to apply for helper (which it wasn’t). You may see some very stupid suggestions on my account.

My history
My youth has been quite a rough ride, so I’ll keep it brief. Ever since I went to middle school (11-12 years old) I’ve been interested in technology, specifically technology as in software and sometimes games. In my first year, I dropped out of school in the middle of the year. Next year I tried again but failed again. It may seem a very stupid story, but it shaped me the way I am (and my interests).

This way, I had loads of time. At first, I started experimenting with creating my own Minecraft servers and downloading and configuring Bukkit/Spigot plugins. This went pretty well, at least, so I thought (I was 11 lol). My skills evolved to creating plugins with Script (a sort of layer above Java to create Spigot plugins). This was really cool for me; I could finally code my own games! I started creating my own tutorials on how to code (debatable) my own plugins with Skript. Believe me, it was really cool seeing other kids my age start coding and learning from me.

This was also the time I was starting to go to school again. I developed as a person, not only programming skills :P. I started programming Python and eventually Java for Minecraft.

Fastforward a bit, I am an infrastructure engineer at CubeCraft!

If you somehow see me as someone you want to become: please don’t. There are far better ways to start coding and get a job than not going to school :).

What do at CubeCraft right now
As I said, I got hired as an infrastructure engineer a few weeks ago. I can’t tell you a lot about current operations, but I can (kind of) tell you what infrastructure at CubeCraft is. Infrastructure is about the systems on the backend of CubeCraft. For example, the infrastructure team manages the servers and Minecraft server instances on them. I’m still quite new, so please don’t expect me to know everything :)

Other things I do
Apart from CubeCraft, I also have some other things I do in life. Firstly, I still go to school. I am in the 4th grade of HAVO (Dutch people will know what I mean). I also play sports and like to ride my scooter and do tricks with it (stuntstep). I also do some voluntary work for the coderdojo in my town. Coderdojo is an organization with many (voluntary) locations at which you can learn how to code.

There’s much to say about my online life. I have many “friends” on Discord (mostly Dutch) with which I like to talk in one of my 100 joined guilds (ouch). We mostly talk about technology though :P

This is my introduction so far. Let me know if you want me to add anything :)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Awesome introduction! Lovely to see how old school community members come back to become staff members on here, especially for such a dedicated job!

In my first year, I dropped out of school in the middle of the year. Next year I tried again but failed again. It may seem a very stupid story, but it shaped me the way I am (and my interests).
Wanted to let you know that I think it is very brave of you to share and mention this. I guess a lot of people can be very insecure about sharing these types of things, but it is super brave of you to open up like this!

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
Nice introduction and interesting story! Cool that you learned coding that young. Best of luck with your carreer, you must be very talented if you learned the basics by yourself!
Hah, thanks. Actually, if you have a goal (such as creating a type of game) and a lot of spare time, it's pretty easy. Some dedicated is need is needed though. At first, it doesn't seem cool, but it will turn out the be very rewarding ;)

Wanted to let you know that I think it is very brave of you to share and mention this. I guess a lot of people can be very insecure about sharing these types of things, but it is super brave of you to open up like this!
Thank you. I actually found that by sharing such things, I will meet (/discover) more people with a similar story 😊

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Nice to know more about you Jens! I see that you are a fellow noob, and maybe we should lose some games sometime :) it’s a pleasure to have you on the team

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
you forgot something about the infrastructure team, being woken up in the middle of the night when someone uses the wrong channel :shreklook:

jokes aside, nice introduction! which profile, i assume N&T?

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
Nice to know more about you Jens! I see that you are a fellow noob, and maybe we should lose some games sometime :) it’s a pleasure to have you on the team
Sure, I'll carry you in losing skywars games :P
you forgot something about the infrastructure team, being woken up in the middle of the night when someone uses the wrong channel :shreklook:

jokes aside, nice introduction! which profile, i assume N&T?
Can't wait 😂. Actually, E&M with Physics and Geography. It may not have been the best choice though :P

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom