Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Punish for Hate Speech as it is Worded..

• Yes, everyone deserves respect

• No, because:

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Hate Speech..

"Online hate speech is a type of speech that takes place online with the purpose of attacking a person or a group based on their race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender."

Cubecrafts Problem..

"Any message sent with the purpose to offend a player or group of players based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. is considered Hate Speech and is not allowed on our server."

This is a quote from Cubecrafts official server chat rules (https://www.cubecraft.net/rules). And it seems very much clear and very much understandable. Any piece of speech or message sent with the sole purpose to offend, insult and overall bully someone due to any factor of their being should be punished very, very harshly.

Yesterday, I encountered three people sending hate speech messages in a minerware game against gay people, these messages were sent with the sole purpose to insult, and offend people. I reported these people and two of them were muted for hate speech, as I expected. But one was just warned for swearing.

My feedback is that Cubecraft should take the rules they have set out seriously, and punish for what the user has done. Everyone playing on Cubecraft has joined the server to play and therefore must follow Cubecraft rules to ensure fair play and ensure no one feels unwelcome or insulted, or bullied by anyone at Cubecraft. Everyone joining Cubecraft deserves respect.

The player i've mentioned above, first said, "vote hard ore your g.y" and then as many others came along and sent other hate speech messages, for example, "They are a danger to humanity", "gay people suck", the player decided to send messages like "haha" and "haha you got personally attacked" to messages above, like "they are a danger to humanity". Now, i ask you, were these messages sent with the sole purpose to offend a player based on there sexuality - Yes, they were - And there's no other answer. insulting someone by using gay as an insult is one thing but sending messages laughing at others constantly insulting and sending offensive messages is another.

Cubecrafts rules officially state, "with the purpose to offend", these messages were sent with no other reasoning or purpose but to offend. All users have agreed to the rule and wording of it above and should follow it. The user I reported did not. Yet they're left off with a warning for "swearing". This is the same punishment you can recieve for saying "hi" three times in a lobby, but now it's being used for hate speech.

It is not fair that saying "hi" three times has much the same punishment track as insulting people based on their sexuality. Saying "vote hard or you're g.y" should be punished for what it is - hate speech - as well as this they have bypassed the Cubecraft chat filter JUST to insult people. And this, might I ask, according to Cubecrafts moderation system is not "purpose to offend?";

• Using gay as an insult
  • laughing at other hate speech messages
  • Bypassing the chat filter JUST to OFFEND and INSULT and BULLY people based on their sexuality.
If this is not a prime example of "purpose to offend", as stated by Cubecraft, I don't know what is. All people in this planet have the right to respect, not just in Cubecraft. And this is far from respect.

In Conclusion...

Everyone agrees to Cubecrafts rules, the wording of them, and the punishment tracks with them if they are playing the server. If they don't agree, don't play Cubecraft. And if they do agree but decide to rule break, get ready for the punishment track they have agreed to. Cubecraft should be punishing users for these messages under what they are, and that's hate speech, not "swearing"

reference to this thread: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report/evidence/JUN1jb0hDPayqejPM5Qo
This thread made me feel so angry. Not everyone deserves a respect. Afterall, they're still a random player like all of us. Most people deserves to be disrespected. It felt so unfair that they can be toxic towards everyone saying words like "omg ur bad", "lol ur adopted kid", "omg ur #### the i ##### why do ### #### ######" and we can't disrespect them. Sure, hate speech is bad but banning them is obviously an unfair choice. Big no from me.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Most people deserves to be disrespected.
1635419516650.png

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
This thread made me feel so angry. Not everyone deserves a respect. Afterall, they're still a random player like all of us. Most people deserves to be disrespected. It felt so unfair that they can be toxic towards everyone saying words like "omg ur bad", "lol ur adopted kid", "omg ur #### the i ##### why do ### #### ######" and we can't disrespect them. Sure, hate speech is bad but banning them is obviously an unfair choice. Big no from me.
Wtf

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kloska wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Grattis! :)
privqted wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back gangster
AnolTongi wrote on Frontlane's profile.
woooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AnolTongi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!!
AnolTongi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations :D
Top Bottom