Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Punish harder for being racist?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes with some tweaks (explain those tweaks)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ok, im suggesting a change to the punishment tiers of the swearing rule. Rn, its warning, 3 days muted, then 7, then 30, then perma mute. I think that is fine and i have no problems when it comes to swearing. However, i think punishments for being racist (the n word for example, given that it is much more serious then swearing) should skip the warning and start with the 3 day mute. Im not sure what ppl r going to think, but i feel like this might be a good step towards reducing toxicity on the server.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Racism is actually already considered ‘Hate Speech’, which already results in an instant mute. :)

I’ll be locking this thread as it already exists. It is also mentioned under the ‘Swearing’ rule:
2.1 - Swearing
Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, hate speech, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Hate speech of any kind does not require a warning. Bullying punishments are at the discretion of the moderation team. Masking swear words will result in a punishment. Swearing or threatening in your appeal will result in a punishment.

Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

- Locked 🔒

D

Deleted member 469419

This is a really fantastic idea, to be honest I think that the current punishment track should be modified, for example, the warning is no longer needed. I think that someone who is swearing is actually very aware of their acts so their punishment track should begin with a mute.

but not only with hate speech but a global level.

So, I voted "Yes with some tweaks (explain those tweaks)" and I'm agree with this.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I agree with it though. Racism has been and it's actually a problem not just on the network, but on the entire world. So being racist in the server can result in an instant mute. However, I would consider it like the infraction "death threats", which is 30 days mute and permanent mute. Like this:
2.2 - Threats
Threats are defined as any sort of language used with the intent of threatening another player with real life actions such as assault, DDoS, or doxxing. Threats are strictly prohibited. Death/disease wishes and suicide encouragement falls under this rule.

Punishment track: 30 day mute → Permanent mute

I would consider it as a real life actions or thread towards someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Hqteful's profile.
W moderator!
UncleSpect wrote on DuckL's profile.
Hello all staff tag xd
Uploaded my avatar into an Amazon logo!
Do you like my logo so far?
5A133C14-392C-4DB8-A7EB-76F1E5DBC829.jpeg
Infringement wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
Has anyone celebrated their birthday on a leap day? The leap day is February 29. I was born on leap day in 2008. Leap years affect to every 4 years of the waiting period.
Top Bottom