Is sentinel good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I’m pretty sure Sentinel is working fine. But today I just saw 2 players were getting banned innocent. They were just pvping like I do, and they got banned. And after that I saw a hacker.. guess what? He didn’t got banned.
Anyway I’m happy with the system but they could improve it better. Just as they had in 1.8
Getting kicked If you turned on a hacked client.

D

Deleted member 352903

Sentinel isn't perfect. But you can be sure that in the future the hackers are banned by the sentinel or another player.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I have read that b-hop is the hardest cheat to detect across all servers. There are so many factors that you have to take into consideration, such as speed effects, elytra, falling, getting hit, etc. And as sentinel develops (as it definitely has by the insanely low amount of cheaters you actually run into in games (FFA/Assassins not included as that is one ongoing game so your chances of seeing one or drastically higher)), you will see even less. Keep in mind that client developers will always be ahead in this race as we can’t patch a bypass without knowing what/how they are bypassing. That means there will always be cheaters, we just have to try our best to stop them.

All that said, I am sorry that these players are ruining your, and many others, fun. We try our best, but that isn’t always enough so your patience and help are much appreciated. You can always report the cheaters you find and get them off the server. :)

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
cmon cubecraft are you going to do something with ur damn anticheat?
Yea... I have seen players get false banned by sentinel when they get stuck in a block. Such as ou are running and you catch a block and it gets you stuck, or someone places a block before you reach that block it is placed on. I don’t know if sentinel has been updated, but if not it should be updated soon. Keep in mind sentinel is still learning :)

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
Sentinel is an extremely well made and developed client that catches most if not all hacks in a considerable amount of time although in some instances it takes a while. I've made about 5 reports for hacks but sentinel always beats me too them even if they are off the hook for a few hours.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Sentinel is an extremely well made and developed client that catches most if not all hacks in a considerable amount of time although in some instances it takes a while. I've made about 5 reports for hacks but sentinel always beats me too them even if they are off the hook for a few hours.
Nah, sentinel is good at finding BLATANT cheaters, but CubeCraft doesn't have any closet cheaters to my knowledge, if sentinel is a machine learning anti cheat then all it can really ban is the blatant cheaters that moderators accept or the servers anti cheat bans, which wouldn't change anything. Making reports does help the anti cheat (huge shocker).

Reactions: 0ffense

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
Nah, sentinel is good at finding BLATANT cheaters, but CubeCraft doesn't have any closet cheaters to my knowledge, if sentinel is a machine learning anti cheat then all it can really ban is the blatant cheaters that moderators accept or the servers anti cheat bans, which wouldn't change anything. Making reports does help the anti cheat (huge shocker).
I think you lack the understanding that sentinel is constantly being updated and improved and that yes there is a fine line between what sentinel can do and what the players can do aka the 10% of hackers that have customizable clients to where it's near impossible for even players to recognize the hacks but quite frankly if your speaking statistics it's hard to deny that sentinel is a well constructed anti-cheat and gets it's job done 90% of the time.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think you lack the understanding that sentinel is constantly being updated and improved and that yes there is a fine line between what sentinel can do and what the players can do aka the 10% of hackers that have customizable clients to where it's near impossible for even players to recognize the hacks but quite frankly if your speaking statistics it's hard to deny that sentinel is a well constructed anti-cheat and gets it's job done 90% of the time.
When you say "it keeps getting better" it means it's a machine learning anti cheat, all machine learning anti cheats can ban are players that do things that already banned players can did. Luckily CubeCraft doesn't have very many closet cheaters, come on it's 1.9 PVP and none of the games are competitive. 90% of the time is not that accurate, I could buy 45 alts for the price of 3$ and only get 40 of them banned.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
As many of us understand an anti-cheat is one of the hardest aspects of a server to get exactly right. It is probably impossible for Sentinal to ban EVERY hacker and have no false bans. If there is a universe where this is possible please take me to it as I completely understand players frustration with this aspect of the server. This is why we have mods!

There are many ways to make sure hackers get banned so make sure you do report them as you have recorded them cheating it seems and therefore they are subject to getting banned. Whilst this may take a while the best thing you can do is either move servers or try and see if a staff member is able to help and observe them and complete their punishment to a faster degree.

I understand that Sentinel can be frustrating but we must all take into account the fact that not every piece of software is perfect and code always has certain limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!