Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this should be implemented?

• Yes, this would solve the issue with being targeted!

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No.

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
So I am an obsidian plus ranked player and I really enjoy having the rank. I really like the perks (especially the lobby gadgets) and all the friendly interactions with other ranked players. There however, is an issue with having a rank (especially obsidian plus) and that is the unwanted attention it draws. Don’t get me wrong, I sort of like the attention it gets me in lobbies, but when I am playing a game, it leads to me getting targeted. I have had games of Skywars where the person next to me immediately bridges to me as soon as the game starts. One times someone even blew my island up with tnt right when the game started. I’ve also had players calling me names just because I have a rank. This happens a lot in Among Slimes where some trolls decide to be mean to me in chat and when the game starts they call an emergency meeting and vote me out. I really wish ranked players had the ability to turn of their rank prefix and disguise as stone rank. This would solve a lot of issues with them being targeted and just give them some space when they don’t want to be called out in chat. This won’t be the same as /nick though as it will only change the prefix and not the name. Do you think this is a good idea? If you vote in the pole please give a reason as to why you voted what you voted.

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!

It is not necessary. I'm Emerald and other players never targeted me because of my rank (well, they did when I was staff, please don't do it peeps, its annoying 👀). As Marijn said, building to other islands immediately is a strategy.

I voted no, sorry!

Reactions: Colleeee

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
not a rank myself, but i've never seen a player getting focussed because of a payed rank. staff and content creators sure, these make sense. people rush the first 10 seconds because they want their games to last less then a minute for some reasons that i will never understand as a casual, not tryhard player
This happens a lot in Among Slimes where some trolls decide to be mean to me in chat and when the game starts they call an emergency meeting and vote me out
happens to me too, people are just childish honestly.

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
While I don't think the skywars thing is anything to worry about, sounds to me like they are just rushers, the among slimes trolling is definitely wrong. Calling emergency meetings for no reason and randomly trolling is a punishable offense. Voting people out just because of their rank is also punishable and you should definitely report it if either of these things happen to you again.

1.11 - Among Slimes - specific game rules​

- Pressing the emergency button to troll. Be it by sending random and nonsense messages or by not saying anything at all.
- Accusing a partner, staff member or any other person with a rank just because they have a rank.

More details: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
all the friendly interactions with other ranked players.
This is where it starts to go wrong. “With other ranked players”, you can also have friendly interactions with not ranked players, they have just as much chance of being nice as ranked players.
I have had games of Skywars where the person next to me immediately bridges to me as soon as the game starts. One times someone even blew my island up with tnt right when the game started.
You know what those 2 examples are? They’re both a strategy some people use. If you can’t deal with them, either learn to be able to and accept that you won’t always win, or quit playing skywars and go play a non PvP game.
I’ve also had players calling me names just because I have a rank.
There will always be people doing that, to all ranked players, and you can just ignore them. If (almost) all ranked players can deal with it without complaining, I see no reason why you can’t.
This happens a lot in Among Slimes where some trolls decide to be mean to me in chat and when the game starts they call an emergency meeting and vote me out.
So you report them.
as it will only change the prefix and not the name.
Ah yes and people won’t recognise the name and know it’s a ranked player of course.
Do you think this is a good idea?
No.

Reactions: Egg🥚

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
This is where it starts to go wrong. “With other ranked players”, you can also have friendly interactions with not ranked players, they have just as much chance of being nice as ranked players.

You know what those 2 examples are? They’re both a strategy some people use. If you can’t deal with them, either learn to be able to and accept that you won’t always win, or quit playing skywars and go play a non PvP game.

There will always be people doing that, to all ranked players, and you can just ignore them. If (almost) all ranked players can deal with it without complaining, I see no reason why you can’t.

So you report them.

Ah yes and people won’t recognise the name and know it’s a ranked player of course.

No.
Ok I appreciate you commenting on my post but I am afraid that you may have misinterpreted some of the stuff that was written (it is partly my fault though as I could have worded it better). The first thing you said was the “other RANKED players.” I will elaborate on this. For the record, I do not discriminate against other players based on if they have a rank or not. Most of my friends on the server don’t have a rank. The reason I said “other ranked players” is that on the discord there are rooms for ranked players only and a lot of ranked players ask me about my rank. I probably should’ve been more specific on that though so I don’t blame you for thinking what you did. Your second argument was that the immediate bridging was a strategy som people use, which I can agree with up to a point. I do understand people bridging over when they have better gear for example, but the reason I brought this up was that sometimes when I spawn in an island with two adjacent islands next to me. As soon as both of the players next to me get their gear. They both start bridging to my island in particular. This led me to think I was being targeted, but maybe I’m just looking to much into it. Though the people who tnt my island killing me while also killing themselves are for sure targeting me because why go to an island just to kill the other player while guaranteeing dying in the process? Your third point was against the chat trolling that happens to ranked players. I usually do ignore the people that are mean to me in chat, but I would much rather it not to happen as it is annoying and I can confidently say that anyone would much rather not be called a “stupid rich person” for having a rank. This is a small issue however, and this suggestion is just that, a suggestion. I only wanted to suggest this as a lot of other servers allow ranked players to hide their rank and I thought it would be a good idea. As much as I would want to report the chat trolls, the /report command doesn’t cover anything to do with chat and I don’t want to go through all the trouble of making a report on the reports website just to report some troll who will most likely just be let off with a warning if the report gets accepted by looking at the punishment track. Now my point on hiding the rank and that they will still recognize me. If they were really intent on annoying and trolling me, they probably will and I 100% agree with this point as I can just do /ignore (playername). I do appreciate you commenting on my post though as it did highlight issues with the way I written my suggestion and I will try to word my posts better next time. Until then have a nice day!

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
The reason I said “other ranked players” is that on the discord there are rooms for ranked players only and a lot of ranked players ask me about my rank.
Are you sure they exist? I didn't know that...
As soon as both of the players next to me get their gear. They both start bridging to my island in particular. This led me to think I was being targeted, but maybe I’m just looking to much into it.
That's just bad luck, it happens to everyone.
Though the people who tnt my island killing me while also killing themselves are for sure targeting me because why go to an island just to kill the other player while guaranteeing dying in the process?
They probably aren't targetting you either, especially if they do it only once. They're just people trying to have fun by exploding things, and it could be anyone's island, not only yours because you have a rank.
Your third point was against the chat trolling that happens to ranked players. I usually do ignore the people that are mean to me in chat, but I would much rather it not to happen as it is annoying and I can confidently say that anyone would much rather not be called a “stupid rich person” for having a rank.
Of course not, but it isn't that much of a problem either.
I don’t want to go through all the trouble of making a report on the reports website just to report some troll who will most likely just be let off with a warning if the report gets accepted by looking at the punishment track.
Reporting isn't that hard. You can easily do it within 2 minutes. And if they get a warning this time, they might stop, or otherwise get muted next time they do it, so it's useful.
If they were really intent on annoying and trolling me, they probably will
Wait I'm confused now, isn't your suggestion about people intentionally targetting you? xd

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Why are most of you here saying targeting because of a rank isn't a thing?
Ofc it is. I get targetted almost every game of Eggwars I join. It will be a combination of, rank + they're good. If you don't get targeted it might not be because no ranks get targeted it might just as well be because no one believes you to be a threat in the late game.
Do I think ranks should be allowed to nick (or stone rank idk), no! Just no, it's not too hard to win from players who target you.
Laggers on the other hand, jk I'm wrong about this one. I've been told kb delay and double hits are a myth. I am just bad sorry to start about it
Ranks really don't need /nick (or stone rank idk).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom