Votes: 21 91.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I regularly play Skywars, and what really annoys me is that I knock off quite a lot of people from the island, but then they die in the void so you don't get their loot. So it would be a great improvement that if people die in the void, you get their loot.

The idea behind it is simple: As soon as you kill someone, the loot of him spawns next to you.

Reactions: God.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I voted, No, because I feel that if this were to be implemented it could potentially unbalance the way the game currently runs. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there does already exist either an ability or a kit that makes it so you receive an item from someone who died in the void. I think keeping it at an item is more than enough for me.

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
as onikpig said there is an ability already in skywars which goes up to 34% chance of getting the loot and costs a total of 19000 points-ish to max out

i dont think making it a 100% chance feature would be good or even fair. I feel people would just pick the bow kit and camp waiting to snipe people as they bridge and after a while it'll just be a stalemate at the start of every game with players just waiting for eachother to move first.

Alternatively they could increase the % chance on the kit to perhaps 45-50% or what I think would be the best is that you get someone's items if you deal more than ~7.5 hearts of damage to them before they die in the void only so people can't get stacked from just snowballing or bowing people into the void

Reactions: Starry

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
I do have to disagree with this one, as people have said there is an ability which has a chance to retrieve an item from a voided player. Perhaps, however, this could be reworked - there could be a chance to retrieve multiple items instead of one, maybe.

Reactions: Starry

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
ohhh didnt realise the ability was only one item, thats pretty rubbish then most likely just get blocks or food or something, people rarely clear out their inventory. I feel they should at least up that to the whole inventory especially cause it only works once a games as well

Reactions: Sulphate and Starry

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
ohhh didnt realise the ability was only one item, thats pretty rubbish then most likely just get blocks or food or something, people rarely clear out their inventory. I feel they should at least up that to the whole inventory especially cause it only works once a games as well

I believe it always throws up a piece of armour or weapon :) (there is a possibility of me being incorrect)

Reactions: Shamel and Onik

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this idea, but with a few improvements. I agree that it would be quite inbalanced if a whole player's loot drops right behind you after you hit them into the void.
What happens if a player falls into the void by themselves? What determines who gets the loot spawned behind them if multiple people attack the same person?

My suggestion is, void loot is "dropped" as a loot package at a random/nearby location on the map. This would allow anyone to loot the player's body.
chest.jpg

Once it drops, it would look like this:
loot.png

However, to add more challenge, the loot package could just fly across the map, and require players to shoot down the chicken(s) to then have the chest drop. This could be done with an invisible bat, or movement of the chicken.

With keeping pure skywars though, if you decide to knock a player off the map, then you shouldn't get the loot. I wouldn't mind it either way.

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
I voted no because I agree with most what is said ready.

Also, knock-out people in the void takes less hits and so less effort to get the kill.
If you want to get their loot you should just ‘oldscool’ pvp and dont knock them in the void.

Reactions: mitgobla

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I like this idea, but with a few improvements. I agree that it would be quite inbalanced if a whole player's loot drops right behind you after you hit them into the void.
What happens if a player falls into the void by themselves? What determines who gets the loot spawned behind them if multiple people attack the same person?

My suggestion is, void loot is "dropped" as a loot package at a random/nearby location on the map. This would allow anyone to loot the player's body. View attachment 154119

Once it drops, it would look like this:
View attachment 154120

However, to add more challenge, the loot package could just fly across the map, and require players to shoot down the chicken(s) to then have the chest drop. This could be done with an invisible bat, or movement of the chicken.

With keeping pure skywars though, if you decide to knock a player off the map, then you shouldn't get the loot. I wouldn't mind it either way.
I already like the idea more the way you presented it, but I think that it would be nearly impossible to code. Especially with detecting if someone fell of his island on purpose or because he was thrown off. And if it is possible to code, I think it would take too much effort for what it’s worth.

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
I do not agree with this thread. It is very unbalanced and people will rather knock you off the platform, rather than going for kills.
People would rather knock you off anyway :P I sure would - getting kills gets you wins (and knocking people off is the fastest way), you don't need loot to win ^-^

I will propose that knocking people off within a certain horizontal distance, let's say 10 blocks, should reward you with more items from the ability that gives you chance for an item. So if you hit them off across the map you don't get anything, but if you hit them off their island you should get something. And the chance should be for multiple items, not 1.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
If you abuse KB to knock someone off you shouldn't get rewarded the same way someone would have to kill someone without using KB and with actual skills to get the loot. (Sorry if that was worded bad)

My answer is no.

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
there is already a abilitie that gives you stuff if someone dies from the void. i dont think they need to add this. meby if they add it that when you die it needs to be in a chest next to you and not on the floor. i think when the add it there should be a change that you get it not all the time like if you got it max you get a 50% change of getting it or someting like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Love you man, hope you'll stick around <3

:cubie:
xHappyMood wrote on mitgobla's profile.
thank you for everything
Amazinq wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thanks for everything
legendaryfox977 wrote on savina875's profile.
.wollof eht rof uoy knahT
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for everything! <3
Top Bottom