Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Hey, guys! It’s been several hours since the release of Skyblock and, speaking for myself, it’s quite amazing. Now, that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. I know it is basically in the beta version but I have compiled a general list of some things that can be potentially implemented. I’m sorry if these have already been suggested, I will remove them if they have been!

Chat Features and Commands

I’ve come to find that there are very few commands in Skyblock. There are bound to be more added soon, but here are some chat features and commands I think would improve the game:

/pay (Player) x amount – This command would allow players throughout the Skyblock server to share their coins. I believe a feature where you do /pay (Player) x amount, and then another message pops up to confirm this payment to make sure you either did the right amount or want to rethink the decision of sending a player money.

/trade – Trading is something used in a lot of Skyblock games throughout different servers, but it is a nice feature to have. Trading would allow players to trade items such as tools, blocks, etc. I know this has been suggested, but none of the suggestions I've read seemed to go in debt of what this command would actually include, so I have.

/trade would include something like a pop-up menu similar to the normal menu, but instead has two slots. One where you can place your item and another where the player you’re trading with puts there’s. On there you can view what the durability the item (If it is a tool) and any enchantments, or the amount. From there, you could confirm this trade, and once again, it’ll ask you something along the lines of “Are you sure?”, and then completing the trade.

/shop – Instead of having to run to each individual villager to access the shop, this command would bring up the same shop page if typed.

/menu – Similar to /shop, this would bring up the entire menu.

I also believe that having the end crystal in the Hotbar is rather annoying and is taking up a space I could be using. This could be removed and put in a top right or left corner of the inventory and would work the same when clicked on.

/baltop – Baltop, or balance top, would bring up a page of players who have the most coins in the game. Having this would allow for some friendly competition within the game, and I assume will soon have something to do with the leaderboards. If not, then the top balance or island level could be used for leaderboard statistics.

Other Chat Features

Regarding the chat, I’ve seen some suggestions about adding a global chat. Adding on to that suggestion, I believe this should be toggleable for players. I also believe since Skyblock seems to be pretty popular (having literally several thousand players on it as of it’s launch date), something like slowed chat would be better to reduce spam.

Another thing would be /msg between people on different profiles. I understand it’s a different server all together but being able to message anyone in general would be nice.

Moving on from all of the chat related suggestions, here are some general ideas for Skyblock.

Kits – Yes, we need kits. Preferably one or two starting kits, because you’re basically given nothing in the beginning. I understand this would mean several of the quests would potentially have to be changed, but kits are a definite need in Skyblock.

Now, about the kits. I’m not going to go fully in dept with the kits quite yet, and will most likely either make another thread with each individual kit or allow others to do so, but I will say that kits provided should be based by ranks. Meaning, stone rankers will have access to the bare minimum of kits and obsidian rankers will have full access to all kits.

There can also be a weekly and monthly kit. Again, not going to go into what’s in them, just a general idea.

Now, I would prefer Skyblock to stray away from having things similar to the other games (specifically the PvP based games) but maybe, just maybe, some kits would be bought with coins, similar to how the other games do so. But instead of clicking on the miniature representing the game in the lobby, Skyblock kits would be bought in the actual game with /kit.

Private to Public Island – When I first joined, I didn’t see that the first island I spawned on was labeled as private. Personally, I am all for a private island, but I am sure not many people will want to play on a Skyblock island by themselves. Now, I have had many people tell me (in an annoyed tone) that they started their island and progressed pretty far without knowing that the island was only private. Hence, being able to set your private island to a public island should be implemented.

More Profiles – I’m sure this’ll be suggested a whole lot, but having more profiles based by what rank you have should be added. Now, I’m not saying obsidian rankers should have 100 islands, for that would be way too many servers/islands just sitting alone, but five is very minimalistic if you have many friends. That also moves on to my next suggestion-

More People on Islands – Based on your rank, you should also have certain amounts of players you can add to each island. Five players is a very small amount. But also, if you have a large amount, then that would make it too chaotic and progression would be shortened a whole lot.

I’m thinking the highest amount (for obsidian rankers) should not go over twenty players. Preferably, it would be less.

Collective Co-Op Coins – Not much can be said about this one. Just that, on a co-op island, coins should be collective. Or, at least, you can see the total amount of coins one co-op island has.

Balance Achievements – I believe there should be achievements for reaching balance amounts like 1k, 10k, 100k, etc. For some people, it’s a very monumental thing to reach a balance for the first time. Now, this would only be for the FIRST time you reach this, and players would not gain achievements if they bought an item and then regained to that same amount.

Dirt Price – Please. Lower the price of dirt. 100 is… a lot. Maybe 80?

Moving Villagers – Villager locations are very annoying to build around. Similar to moving generators, I believe being able to move villagers would be nice as well.

Quest Rewards – Most of the quest rewards now are very, well, lame. I mean, getting 100 or even 1,000 of an item and I get a single golden carrot and some xp bottles? No thanks. I’m not going to get into each individual reward and how to improve them, but the rewards for completing some quests should be much better.

Previous Quest List – Now, I’m sure this is self-explanatory. Having a previously completed quest list would be nice.

Reworking Ore Gens – Right now, the ore generators are decent. But it would be nicer if they grew the ores, rather than breaking and being in the same place.

Basically, what I mean by this is that the generators should be similar to how melons or pumpkins work, and that the main generator would be one block and the ores would grow off of it and be collected that way. This makes it so players can strip mine rather than having to mine one, and then move on from a clay block. Images of an example are provided below.
2020-02-19_22.23.41.png

Before: As you can see, this is what the generators basically look like now.

2020-02-19_22.23.48.png

After: This is what they'd look like if they grew off of the main generator, making it easier to strip mine.

(Thank you @comfyyy for the suggestion!)

---

Alright, I think that’s enough for now. Terribly sorry if this thread seemed to drag on forever! Please let me know what you guys think down below, and don’t forget to vote in the poll! ^^

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
I agree, because 1) The villagers are just in my building territory and it's annoying. 2) /trade should be a thing because less people are gonna get Scammed. 3) Baltop, is handful to see all the players that are rich. 4) I don't really understand the ''/menu'' command what u puted in your poll. I agree most of the things. 5) I'm not sure but is there a pvp arena if there is, they should maybe add /bounty on someone and then u just go and kill him. And earn some skyblock coins or whatever.

Flasser

Jan 2, 2019
www.cubecraft.net
I agree with a lot of your ideas and i have some feedback :) that i would like to share with you.
Im only saying things about your chat suggestions since i don't have an opinion on some of the other suggestions.

/pay (Player) x amount – This command would allow players throughout the Skyblock server to share their coins. I believe a feature where you do /pay (Player) x amount, and then another message pops up to confirm this payment to make sure you either did the right amount or want to rethink the decision of sending a player money.

Great idea, but remember it will make it a lot easier to scam other people.

/trade – Trading is something used in a lot of Skyblock games throughout different servers, but it is a nice feature to have. Trading would allow players to trade items such as tools, blocks, etc. I know this has been suggested, but none of the suggestions I've read seemed to go in debt of what this command would actually include, so I have.

/trade would include something like a pop-up menu similar to the normal menu, but instead has two slots. One where you can place your item and another where the player you’re trading with puts there’s. On there you can view what the durability the item (If it is a tool) and any enchantments, or the amount. From there, you could confirm this trade, and once again, it’ll ask you something along the lines of “Are you sure?”, and then completing the trade.

Again great idea, and it would make it harder to get scammed + it would make it a lot easier ti trade in the public, like i want to give my friend an item and we do it in he lobby, but some random guy takes it, this idea would fix that :)

/shop – Instead of having to run to each individual villager to access the shop, this command would bring up the same shop page if typed.

Not much to say about this, fine idea and it would in the long run save us some time.

I also believe that having the end crystal in the Hotbar is rather annoying and is taking up a space I could be using. This could be removed and put in a top right or left corner of the inventory and would work the same when clicked on.

Yes it does take up some space that we could be using, but i think its fine as it is, because i don't see what else to use that slot for, its not pvp so not a fishing rod or water bucket and i don't have any setup that requires that slot, what would you use it for?

/baltop – Baltop, or balance top, would bring up a page of players who have the most coins in the game. Having this would allow for some friendly competition within the game, and I assume will soon have something to do with the leaderboards. If not, then the top balance or island level could be used for leaderboard statistics.

I like it, but the top 10 players could also get like a reward every month, not a big reward but something that could help a little

Another thing would be /msg between people on different profiles. I understand it’s a different server all together but being able to message anyone in general would be nice.

Ahh yes the msg, that thing every server has and needs, i agree, but how would it look in the chat? like what colours and stuff like that?

Thats every thing i have to say to your chat suggestions, nice threat and a good day :)

Reactions: CyberAutumn

ForGiveNoWIn

Aug 10, 2019
I agree with the /trade command and the /pay command because if you could trade with people would that be really good beacuse it could be many things in your inventory that you wanna get rid of but you can't get anything from it because you can't sell some of the items. The /pay command would also be really good because I noticed that you don't share the money when you play co-op and if you can't give your partner/squad cash that would be a problem, when you need to buy something but you don't have enough cash because your skyblock team all have a diffrent amount of money.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden

I disagree with both of these. It will kinda ruin the experience. Skywars is a grindy game and you shouldn't be able to share coins/trade items since it will make it a lot easier to complete the quests. I'm fine with sharing coins between members in a co-op profile though.
I would be okay with /trade being added, but as longs as any traded item does not count towards a specific quest otherwise you are able to progress much quicker via the command and really takes the fun out of building farms and stuff.
I'm not really sure about this.You can still trade items to help people complete the quests/progress faster. For example, give them iron tools in the beginning. This could be fixed if you're only able to trade things you've already unlocked.
I think it's useful to be able to navigate through the end crystal, so I'd like to keep it.
Kits – Yes, we need kits. Preferably one or two starting kits, because you’re basically given nothing in the beginning. I understand this would mean several of the quests would potentially have to be changed, but kits are a definite need in Skyblock.
I can't fully agree with it since you haven't give any examples. I think the kits would be most useful at the start.
Private to Public Island – When I first joined, I didn’t see that the first island I spawned on was labeled as private. Personally, I am all for a private island, but I am sure not many people will want to play on a Skyblock island by themselves. Now, I have had many people tell me (in an annoyed tone) that they started their island and progressed pretty far without knowing that the island was only private. Hence, being able to set your private island to a public island should be implemented.
Do you need to have a co-op profile free to set the private to a co-op? Otherwise, you will have more co-op profiles than you should.
More Profiles – I’m sure this’ll be suggested a whole lot, but having more profiles based by what rank you have should be added. Now, I’m not saying obsidian rankers should have 100 islands, for that would be way too many servers/islands just sitting alone, but five is very minimalistic if you have many friends. That also moves on to my next suggestion-
I think it's balanced right now. You don't get new profiles for every rank, but that's fine imo. Though giving plus rankers an extra profile when they have their plus active could work.
More People on Islands – Based on your rank, you should also have certain amounts of players you can add to each island. Five players is a very small amount. But also, if you have a large amount, then that would make it too chaotic and progression would be shortened a whole lot.
There will probably be a leaderboard (it's empty rn) and I have no idea how it will work, but if it compares the different islands, it would be unfair if one island has 5 players and another has 20.
Why do you have to buy so much dirt? I've never bought dirt and I'm fine. You can take the dirt from the islands you unlock.
Moving Villagers – Villager locations are very annoying to build around. Similar to moving generators, I believe being able to move villagers would be nice as well.
I think they are placed well, no need to be able to move them.
Reworking Ore Gens – Right now, the ore generators are decent. But it would be nicer if they grew the ores, rather than breaking and being in the same place.
Then they would take up more space, I rather keep it as it is.

/baltop
– Baltop, or balance top, would bring up a page of players who have the most coins in the game. Having this would allow for some friendly competition within the game, and I assume will soon have something to do with the leaderboards. If not, then the top balance or island level could be used for leaderboard statistics.

Collective Co-Op Coins – Not much can be said about this one. Just that, on a co-op island, coins should be collective. Or, at least, you can see the total amount of coins one co-op island has.

Previous Quest List
– Now, I’m sure this is self-explanatory. Having a previously completed quest list would be nice.

Regarding the chat, I’ve seen some suggestions about adding a global chat. Adding on to that suggestion, I believe this should be toggleable for players. I also believe since Skyblock seems to be pretty popular (having literally several thousand players on it as of it’s launch date), something like slowed chat would be better to reduce spam.

Another thing would be /msg between people on different profiles. I understand it’s a different server all together but being able to message anyone in general would be nice

]Balance Achievements – I believe there should be achievements for reaching balance amounts like 1k, 10k, 100k, etc. For some people, it’s a very monumental thing to reach a balance for the first time. Now, this would only be for the FIRST time you reach this, and players would not gain achievements if they bought an item and then regained to that same amount.
I agree with this!

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Why do you have to buy so much dirt? I've never bought dirt and I'm fine. You can take the dirt from the islands you unlock.

Dirt definitely could use a discount. Dirt is used for building terrain? Not everyone wants a cobblestone or wooden platform.

I think they are placed well, no need to be able to move them.

Once again, if you are trying to build something on a larger scale it would be nice to have some simple quality of life features that make it easier. I can understand the villager on the first island to be locked in place (so people don't lose all their villagers for whatever reason), but there is no need for the other villagers to be locked on the other islands.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
Dirt definitely could use a discount. Dirt is used for building terrain? Not everyone wants a cobblestone or wooden platform.
I don't think you're building terrain at the very start. When you're more stacked and have over 100 000 coins, it won't be a problem.
Once again, if you are trying to build something on a larger scale it would be nice to have some simple quality of life features that make it easier. I can understand the villager on the first island to be locked in place (so people don't lose all their villagers for whatever reason), but there is no need for the other villagers to be locked on the other islands.
I get your point, didn't really think of that, but I don't think it's needed. Though I don't have any problem with being able to move them. Maybe add so you can buy a villager moving tool when you have enough coins? Then people are experienced enough to not lose their villagers.

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
I would be okay with /trade being added, but as longs as any traded item does not count towards a specific quest otherwise you are able to progress much quicker via the command and really takes the fun out of building farms and stuff.
I think they can prohibit completing quest with the trade with development. and more than anything I would prefer an auction

i would add something, when you get coal or another item, get it on your inventory because sometimes the item fells to the void.

Reactions: LeCastel

comfyyy

There will probably be a leaderboard (it's empty rn) and I have no idea how it will work, but if it compares the different islands, it would be unfair if one island has 5 players and another has 20.
What will the leaderboard feature? Just top coin count? I think the player count should definitely be upped. I have friend groups on Cube that are greater than 5 people, and currently I can't even play with them. It just seems like a needlessly low number.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
What will the leaderboard feature? Just top coin count? I think the player count should definitely be upped. I have friend groups on Cube that are greater than 5 people, and currently I can't even play with them. It just seems like a needlessly low number.
I said I have no idea how the leaderboards will work. I agree that the player count should be upped, but not only for ranked players as they will get an advantage on the leaderboard (if it shows top islands). I'm not sure why the number is 5, it could be due to lag issues, but I have no idea.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
think than the game need a lot of progress, when is a solid game i think than there can be more interactions between players.
actualy can broke the game system.
a way to trade without broking the progression is being only allowed to trade the items you already unlocked in the shop
the ender crystal is basicly useless for now, have very low functions and use a hotbar slot, but you can hold items in the 2nd hand so is not a big trouble, but i think the meny need more functions.
and yees i want to move the villager.
i also want to put a name to my villager.
want to call it ROGER

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
/pay is a bit of interesting thought, but it can really break progression if it is allowed outside of your island. High level players with much better means of generating money could give a portion of that to players starting out and allow them to be able to purchase more spawners/generators or even quickly upgrade the spawners they do have.
Like Lez mentioned, a collective coin storage would kind of mess with the coin loss on death.
I think these suggestions should be combined into only being able to pay coop members. That way players can pool their coins for those expensive purchases. As of now, it seems the only way to pool coins is to store all the items in a chest and have the one player sell every single on of them. I also see no reason why players on the same island shouldn’t also be sharing coins since everything else is being shared.
Another idea would be a /sellall and a /sellhand. Cube could be wanting to force players to go to shops for some reason, but I support being able to sell items without having to cross half my island to reach a villager
Yes please. It could even have an option in the menu itself to set a location for it. I like having food in my far right slot, and the crystal keeps messing me up when I try to eat since I naturally go to that spot.
I have cleared out each island that I have unlocked and I have also paved all the currently unlocked space with wood slabs, and it annoys me how the villagers aren't on the same y value and they don't line up with each other. If nothing else, I would like to be able to move them up or down just so some aren't floating in the air and I have to build walkways up to them.
Quest Rewards – Most of the quest rewards now are very, well, lame. I mean, getting 100 or even 1,000 of an item and I get a single golden carrot and some xp bottles? No thanks. I’m not going to get into each individual reward and how to improve them, but the rewards for completing some quests should be much better.
I've been working on the quest to get a level 18 cow spawner, and the reward for completing it is 64 leather and 5 exp bottles. I've spent several hundred thousand coins already on upgrading it, and I'm pretty sure the final level will cost over 80k coins on its own. The reward definitely needs to be changed to give something of more value. Maybe some unique trophies or banners for the hard to complete quests to display on the island?
I fully support buffing the rewards.

Now, about the kits. I’m not going to go fully in dept with the kits quite yet, and will most likely either make another thread with each individual kit or allow others to do so, but I will say that kits provided should be based by ranks. Meaning, stone rankers will have access to the bare minimum of kits and obsidian rankers will have full access to all kits.

There can also be a weekly and monthly kit. Again, not going to go into what’s in them, just a general idea.

Now, I would prefer Skyblock to stray away from having things similar to the other games (specifically the PvP based games) but maybe, just maybe, some kits would be bought with coins, similar to how the other games do so. But instead of clicking on the miniature representing the game in the lobby, Skyblock kits would be bought in the actual game with /kit.
I don't like the kits idea. There doesn't seem to be much need for them. The early game trees grow fast enough that you can quickly set up a beginning island and start mass harvesting trees. Once you move on from that, you get generators and the shop with more items. Just doesn't fit the playstyle or add much benefit in my opinion.

I think it's useful to be able to navigate through the end crystal, so I'd like to keep it.
It wouldn't be removed, just placed in the inventory. You then open your inventory and click on the item to open the menu just like before.
Then they would take up more space, I rather keep it as it is.
It would take up more space, but space is really not an issue in a skyblock world. You have so much vertical and horizontal space, and with each unlocked island, you gain more. Plus it would help with collecting since you can mine in a straight line instead of having to go block by block sideways.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I actually really like the idea of collective co-op coins, but how would that work with the 10% coins loss mechanic?
Maybe you could see both your person's individual coins and the island's collective coins, and when a person dies, it would only take an individual's coins rather than the island's. Just a thought, though. ^^

AiiJoep

Feb 21, 2020
/Pay (person) (amount), is a good update to skyblock I think. Then people will be able to share their coins, and grow faster.

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Hey, guys! It’s been several hours since the release of Skyblock and, speaking for myself, it’s quite amazing. Now, that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. I know it is basically in the beta version but I have compiled a general list of some things that can be potentially implemented. I’m sorry if these have already been suggested, I will remove them if they have been!

Chat Features and Commands

I’ve come to find that there are very few commands in Skyblock. There are bound to be more added soon, but here are some chat features and commands I think would improve the game:

Other Chat Features

Moving on from all of the chat related suggestions, here are some general ideas for Skyblock.

I’m thinking the highest amount (for obsidian rankers) should not go over twenty players. Preferably, it would be less.

Balance Achievements – I believe there should be achievements for reaching balance amounts like 1k, 10k, 100k, etc. For some people, it’s a very monumental thing to reach a balance for the first time. Now, this would only be for the FIRST time you reach this, and players would not gain achievements if they bought an item and then regained to that same amount.

Previous Quest List – Now, I’m sure this is self-explanatory. Having a previously completed quest list would be nice.

Basically, what I mean by this is that the generators should be similar to how melons or pumpkins work, and that the main generator would be one block and the ores would grow off of it and be collected that way. This makes it so players can strip mine rather than having to mine one, and then move on from a clay block. Images of an example are provided below.
2020-02-19_22.23.41.png

Before: As you can see, this is what the generators basically look like now.

2020-02-19_22.23.48.png

After: This is what they'd look like if they grew off of the main generator, making it easier to strip mine.

(Thank you @comfyyy for the suggestion!)

---

Alright, I think that’s enough for now. Terribly sorry if this thread seemed to drag on forever! Please let me know what you guys think down below, and don’t forget to vote in the poll! ^^
It would be very nice!
Good luck and greetings :D

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
Top Bottom