Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I think we all know the moment when we suddenly discover someone has removed us as a friend. This might be days (or potentially weeks) after it has happened if you were removed while being offline. When you’re online while it happens, you get a message saying someone has removed you, but when you’re offline you aren’t told.

That’s why I suggest to display a message in chat saying someone removed you the first time you get online again after you’ve been removed. This would be useful, because you’ll spot it faster if someone has, for example, done a /f clear, and you’ll be able to readd them as soon as possible.

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
I think this is a great idea! A bit of a niche, and will likely not be useful all that often, but its the attention to details like those that I like!

Reactions: xHappyMood

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
I wouldn't want this to be honest. The only reason I remove friends whenever they are offline is to avoid conversations and arguments about why I removed them. Not that I remove friends that often, but it happens.
ha, good point.
There could be an opt out in player settings

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I wouldn't want this to be honest. The only reason I remove friends whenever they are offline is to avoid conversations and arguments about why I removed them. Not that I remove friends that often, but it happens.
If they’re being annoying you can always ignore them? I don’t think most people would be really annoying anyways.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Yes, that is true, but that is exactly the situation I want to avoid. I don't want them to know I removed them.
They’ll find out sooner or later no matter what. Maybe a little sooner if this gets implemented, but whether they’ll discuss with you immediately or after several days doesn’t really matter.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Sometimes certain things are best if avoided, I wouldn't want to justify myself to everyone I delete if I simply don't want them on my friend list anymore. Most social media apps don't notify people when someone has removed them and it's simply out of convenience, sometimes you just want to silently remove some contacts, and that is completely respectable. You never know the circumstances and the motivation behind someone's decision.

Plus, if someone removed you and you can't remember who, they weren't that important to you anyway.

Yes you might be curious, but should that be prioritized over people's right to privacy and wanting to stay diplomatic?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Sometimes certain things are best if avoided, I wouldn't want to justify myself to everyone I delete if I simply don't want them on my friend list anymore. Most social media apps don't notify people when someone has removed them and it's simply out of convenience, sometimes you just want to silently remove some contacts, and that is completely respectable. You never know the circumstances and the motivation behind someone's decision.

Plus, if someone removed you and you can't remember who, they weren't that important to you anyway.

Yes you might be curious, but should that be prioritized over people's right to privacy and wanting to stay diplomatic?

I got like 130 friends on my friend's list and most of them are important. That does not mean if I don't remember them they were not important. It's extremely hard to tell having 130+ friends.

Also, you can only really contact them again if they accept your friend request so there is no harm...

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Of course you sometimes remove someone because you don’t want them in your f list anymore, but there are only 2 ways in which they’ll be able to ask you. 1) Stalk you in the lobby/games and 2) Get in your f list again
There’s a solution for both. The /ignore command was invented for the first one, and just don’t accept their f request for the 2nd one.
On top of that, I’m still convinced that they’ll find out sooner or later, maybe a bit sooner like this, but if they want to argue about it, they will, no matter what.
Do you regularly check all of your offline friends? If someone removes you, it’s very easy to think they’re just offline, and it doesn’t happen very often that you go through all of your offline friends to see if they are actually offline.
People’s right to privacy sounds like this is something really bad xd

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
bruhhhhh someone removed me on cube boutta call 911 on them how dare he
I feel violated, harassed, bullied, disgusted, attacked this in unacceptable

• Haha

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i agree with this, i as stone rank can only have a max of 10 friends, so i have to remove people at times. most of my friends got my discord, so they could always contact me and ask why i removed them/ask them to add again since someone else became inactive again. its a struggle having more then 10 friends as stone rank ;w;

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thanks for everything
legendaryfox977 wrote on savina875's profile.
.wollof eht rof uoy knahT
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for everything! <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul you have done <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thank you for everything you have done <3
Top Bottom