Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should The Friend List be in an inventory type layout?

• Yes! That would be sooo helpful!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nah dude.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have 0 friends so this doesn't apply.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good idea but it doesn't really affect me...

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Now I know Cubecraft doesn't copy other servers but wouldn't it be a lot easier for us if friend lists were in a chest/inventory type layout.

1. I find I have to press chat twice to see my friend list because they extend above the chat screen.
2. I dont know about you guys but I really don't like the mess of offline names and
3. it's really hard to count to see how many friends you have because it's all jumbled.

To represent the player there could be the player's head. They could have the people online at the top (in green when hovered over) and the people offline below (in red when hovered over) or something like that. For people with tons of friends there could be more than one 'page'. This would be a much easier layout, seems to be a lot neater and would save a lot of time.

Tell me what you guys think...:D

Reactions: Power Ranger

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Tbh I feel like the point of visiting forums is the want for improvements and change, I'm glad you like it how it is but can you please give some more detail. I also like it the way it is but I think it could be better...

U

Unipotato

I like how it is now. It is easier to me to have the name in chat in case you need to type their name to use /fmsg or other friend commands.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
I like how it is now. It is easier to me to have the name in chat in case you need to type their name to use /fmsg or other friend commands.
If you click on their name it types that command for you. Yeah it's not that hard (if not easier) to give access to that command via a inventory layout. They use it for map selection and vanity anyway.

I would also ask you guys to be open to this idea. I've thought a bit about it and if the thing you have a problem with gets resolved I would appreciate if you rethought it. Sorry if I'm being pushy, it's just i've never seen this idea posted before and I've found it heaps useful on other servers. Imagine if map selection was in chat. That's sorta the angle I'm coming from.

U

Unipotato

If you click on their name it types that command for you. Yeah it's not that hard (if not easier) to give access to that command via a inventory layout. They use it for map selection and vanity anyway.

I would also ask you guys to be open to this idea. I've thought a bit about it and if the thing you have a problem with gets resolved I would appreciate if you rethought it. Sorry if I'm being pushy, it's just i've never seen this idea posted before and I've found it heaps useful on other servers. Imagine if map selection was in chat. That's sorta the angle I'm coming from.

Map selection and seeing a list of friends are pretty different to me. Friends are just a list of one word each where maps have to show more info as well at TP to the correct location.

Sorry for any typos, I'm on mobile.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Map selection and seeing a list of friends are pretty different to me. Friends are just a list of one word each where maps have to show more info as well at TP to the correct location.

Sorry for any typos, I'm on mobile.
Yeah that's fine, I think it would be cool to be able to see their head aswell though, sometimes I forget which people are which but I can remember their skin and I have no way to make the connection.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Well, I'm not in. If you've got more than 50 friends and you put all those in an inventory layout than you need to switch from the one layout to the other and then you're confused, I think so. So sorry, not in. I like the layout it's in now, do just leave it like this. =D.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Well, I'm not in. If you've got more than 50 friends and you put all those in an inventory layout than you need to switch from the one layout to the other and then you're confused, I think so. So sorry, not in. I like the layout it's in now, do just leave it like this. =D.
I mentioned that you could have multiple 'pages' you wouldn't need to scroll through them much anyway if the online people were at the front... Thanks for explaining yourself dude though! ;)

ciwa

Forum Expert
May 7, 2016
The Netherlands.
In my case it's not necessary, but I understand that it in your case is, so I'm neutral with this one. :)
I can't you any more detail, but the only thing I can is that it is for some people usefull and for some people useless and not necessary. :)

Reactions: Firewand

TacosB

Oct 21, 2016
Can you explain yourself?
Sure. I don't really mind losing some seconds to do /flist and scroll up the chat if required. I feel that making a whole new plugin, as well as the time required to transfer all the current friend database isn't needed, just to save 20 or so seconds. I don't feel it is messy either; I always find my friends when they are online and they always find me. Finally why care how many friends do you have? There isn't a competition or something.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
3. it's really hard to count to see how many friends you have because it's all jumbled.
I agree with this point. If you type /f list, you need to see how many friends you have.

For all the other things: I like how it is now. In my opinion is this an easier way to find a player in your friends list than you need to search his head. What if he/she changes their skin?

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
yeah thanks for the feedback, @TacosB I see what you mean, but it's not just the time, it's also the asthetics. Cubecraft could have a really small main lobby and help people save time but they go for the asthetics instead. Which has paid off heaps! Also it's sorta annoying that you have to know a command. Wouldn't it be easier if new comers could see it and know what it is as soon as they arrive. New comers might leave and not come back if they don't know about the command and find having friends an important part of multiplayer.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom