Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think a Forum Moderator staff role is a good idea?

• Total voters

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya, it's me!(again)

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 8.02.16 PM.png

So, I think that an addition of a forum moderator role would be a nice addition to the official staff jobs. Some people, who have lost interest in Minecraft itself, but still love and adore the Cubecraft forums and community would definitely love to see this!

What a staff member with this rank is responsible to:
- Strictly enforce all forum rules.
- Move, delete, and lock threads, when the situation is fitting.
- Answer any questions that anyone might have.
- Basically be an official forums wannabe

What permissions I think this rank should have:
- Lock Threads
- Move Threads
- Remove Threads
- Ban Forum Users
- Other administrative permissions applicable on the forums.

Thanks for reading!

woof.gif

Here's a doggo cause why not.​

RoyalAcheron

Oct 16, 2016
Good thinking. Maybe another prefix than moderator? It could be confusing.
Like Forum Management? Or maybe some other ideas?

But maybe it's not very useful, Because an in-game player haves probably more experience with cubecraft.

Reactions: Drakie❤

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m not sure or this will work, because a lot of threads are about games you can play on the server (egg wars, skywars, etc.) In that way, it will be hard giving good feedback on some suggestions of the community, because probably they don’t know everything. Also the moderators right now are using the forums too, so if there are enough moderators, there is no need for extra only forum moderators.

That’s why I voted no.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Don’t get me wrong, I do understand where you’re coming from, but I have to disagree.

The current moderators are active around the most part/the entire network and I think that is what they should stick to. On top of that, the staff team is actively hiring new staff members every day, so the role would become very inapposite in the near future.

Last edited:

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
@StralendePijl @CALLMESCOTT
Although I think that a specified role for helping members on the forums would be useful, I still see the point in your feedback, normal moderators have more experience. Though, a forum moderator, could have previous experience in Minecraft, but is no longer as interested in it anymore, but would still like to help the community, could be a great candidate for a Forum Moderator! Thanks for your opinion!

@RoyalAcheron
I think forum management is not very appropriate for this role, as it is only meant to be a smaller scale role in the staff team. Maybe not even as a staff role, but as a role awarded to the best forum users.

I actually have a new idea, a rank called Sr. Member. Older and more experienced players and forums users would be eligible for this. Basically someone who helps out on the forums? Let me know what you think.

RoyalAcheron

Oct 16, 2016
Hmm, again nice thinking.

I would support something like this (Second message) People should be rewarded for their duty 😀
But I think the moderator prefix would confuse people a lot. Moderators have a lot of power whit an exemplary role.

Something like a well-known rank maybe? Someone that can be trusted and like the prefix says is well-known to the forum.

Reactions: Drakie❤

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I would like a forum moderator role, personally. However, there are costs involved in the expansion of the staff team, both direct and indirect, which might make the rank impractical.

For example, would forum moderators be a part of the Slack staff chat? Because if so, I believe the staff team use the premium (paid) version of Slack; management would literally need to pay for you to do a bare-minimum job. Assuming forum moderators are not a part of the Slack team, then there will be certain communication issues, which is impractical and unhealthy in any staff team.

Another potential risk is that forum moderators would inadvertently be perceived as authority figures. Players might ask them questions via their profile or conversations, questions which the forum moderator is not qualified to answer - this might reflect badly on the staff team.

Forum moderators, like any other staff member, would also require some amount of overseeing. Players will complain to management that you're abusing your perks, which will need to be looked into whether they're credible or not. Management will also need to delegate resources to ensuring you're adequately trained, and additional resources to check you're remaining active and are performing your duties correctly.

Overall, as neat as a forum moderator role would be, I personally think the benefits are outweighed by the negatives.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hiya, it's me!(again)

So, I think that an addition of a forum moderator role would be a nice addition to the official staff jobs. Some people, who have lost interest in Minecraft itself, but still love and adore the Cubecraft forums and community would definitely love to see this!

What a staff member with this rank is responsible to:
- Strictly enforce all forum rules.
- Move, delete, and lock threads, when the situation is fitting.
- Answer any questions that anyone might have.
- Basically be an official forums wannabe

What permissions I think this rank should have:
- Lock Threads
- Move Threads
- Remove Threads
- Ban Forum Users
- Other administrative permissions applicable on the forums.

Thanks for reading!

View attachment 168155
Here's a doggo cause why not.​
While I like the idea I feel like the current staff presence is more than sufficient to deal with whatever Moderation the forums may require. Of course an official distinction would be nice since some staff may prefer to focus on the forums instead of in-game, while still being helpful and responsible. So it's an interesting concept to assign "roles" to the current staff team. But I honestly don't think this should exist as a separate position, just a Moderator task in itself.

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you for all yall's opinions! I really do appreciate it and will try to think on all sides of the topic before posting any future threads!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday Mivke! 🎈
Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom