Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

So here's a copy/paste from the last thread I made on this:

There are two things that are really large topics of discussion on the forums right now, and neither of them have been given a final answer. They are a report command and a rejoin command.

I'll start with the report command, I will say this now, this is not about reporting players. Some of you are going to completely ignore this when replying, but here I go. Currently, the hourly messages about the report site are not cutting it. If someone joins five minutes after a message and then want to report someone, they will of course try /report, which does nothing. A better idea would be for that command to give a link to the report site and a short guide to getting the site set up.

Next, is a rejoin command. Before you go on saying how to is bad for pvp games, this would Only be in games that have respawning (ie eggwars, blockwars). Some things to think about are:

- 1-2 minute maximum. Anything past that can you can not rejoin.

- You can't rejoin a game after your egg is lost or if it's lost while your disconnected

- Death on disconnect, so you don't need to worry about pvp logging, and the respawn timer on rejoin

- If your kicked by staff you can't rejoin.

The third new suggestion: (Should make it clear that this is for necro-posting)
STOP LOCKING USEFUL THREADS!
That thread right there? Locked. Now everything said there is lost, and will need to be re-posted here, just like every other thread made on this topic.

Neither of those thinks are implemented, nor have then been denied, so please, stop locking threads without answering them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I'll start with the report command, I will say this now, this is not about reporting players. Some of you are going to completely ignore this when replying, but here I go. Currently, the hourly messages about the report site are not cutting it. If someone joins five minutes after a message and then want to report someone, they will of course try /report, which does nothing. A better idea would be for that command to give a link to the report site and a short guide to getting the site set up.
This is a good idea, and many people tried in-game /report, so having a link to the report site and a guide would be nice and useful.

Next, is a rejoin command. Before you go on saying how to is bad for pvp games, this would Only be in games that have respawning (ie eggwars, blockwars). Some things to think about are:

- You can't rejoin a game after your egg is lost or if it's lost while your disconnected

- Death on disconnect, so you don't need to worry about pvp logging, and the respawn timer on rejoin

This has been mentioned and I like it a lot, should be added.
The third new suggestion:
That thread right there? Locked. Now everything said there is lost, and will need to be re-posted here, just like every other thread made on this topic.

Neither of those thinks are implemented, nor have then been denied, so please, stop locking threads without answering them
Threads are locked because of necro-posting, if there was anything good there then you can still read it.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Right, until you realize it's in a subform where tons of threads are made and it would easily be pushed out of the way and no where for people to find it without searching for it.
It's true that if were locked and had good info in it, people wouldn't be able to see it, but if someone searched it you could still see it.

D

Deleted member 169486

It's true that if were locked and had good info in it, people wouldn't be able to see it, but if someone searched it you could still see it.
But that doesn't always work. There are so many threads on some topics that a search of 'rejoin' is to broad.

Willet The Skillet

Sep 8, 2016
I like both ideas. 1st idea because it will get rid of a lot more hackers. 2nd idea because you could have that moment when you get an error message or your minecraft crashes it will come in handy

D

Deleted member 156608

There are two things that are really large topics of discussion on the forums right now, and neither of them have been given a final answer. They are a report command and a rejoin command.

Neither of those thinks are implemented, nor have then been denied, so please, stop locking threads without answering them.
/rejoin fully copyd from hypixel no lies, NO WAY 2 GO.

Sorry, NOPE for me

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Sorry, NOPE for me
you know, the /rejoin command has been a thing before hypixel came out :D

The reasons for the rejoin command keeps getting locked is that there are constantly threads about adding this. I think that people on the forums should look at the first 1-3 pages of the forums before making a thread to see if it had been suggested before. Also because... I and probably many others disagree on the /rejoin command. Sure its annoying to have to rejoin a new game every time you're false kicked, but I think that is just a part of life and I think that that is also a good thing to report to staff so they can update sentinel over and over. If this /rejoin command is added, I think sentinel won't be updated anymore as whenever someone gets kicked or they quit, then the can just rejoin the command.
Another thing about this is you could just leave (especially in long games like eggwars) and join back like every 1-2 minutes, and repeat. This is just a update that isn't needed in my own opinion and I think it would prevent sentinel from updating.

Reactions: Ayroh
D

Deleted member 156608

you know, the /rejoin command has been a thing before hypixel came out :D

The reasons for the rejoin command keeps getting locked is that there are constantly threads about adding this. I think that people on the forums should look at the first 1-3 pages of the forums before making a thread to see if it had been suggested before. Also because... I and probably many others disagree on the /rejoin command. Sure its annoying to have to rejoin a new game every time you're false kicked, but I think that is just a part of life and I think that that is also a good thing to report to staff so they can update sentinel over and over. If this /rejoin command is added, I think sentinel won't be updated anymore as whenever someone gets kicked or they quit, then the can just rejoin the command.
Another thing about this is you could just leave (especially in long games like eggwars) and join back like every 1-2 minutes, and repeat. This is just a update that isn't needed in my own opinion and I think it would prevent sentinel from updating.
Please read my suggestion k ty

D

Deleted member 169486

Sorry, NOPE for me
Are you KIDDING ME?

After rejoining to a game 3 times, the chance to rejoin is removed. Done.

How would it stop sentinel from updating?

Reactions: Power Ranger

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.

I think what you are saying is good, but maybe go at it with a nicer approach. People would want to listen to you more if you asked about this in a kind and polite manner IMHO :)

~AlexanderDelPra

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com

I like the rejoin idea, but I don't like your 3rd idea.
Who will decide if a thread is useful or not?

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.
I think the third idea is bad. Staff try their best to lock what they think is necessary. As far as the rjeoin goes, I don't think it is a bad idea, But it would take some time to perfect, because I sure some issues would arise that people would get upset over.

D

Deleted member 169486

Who will decide if a thread is useful or not?
Staff can look at a suggestion and say 'Hey pretty much everyone wants this and management hasn't said a thing on it, so instead of having people make 10 more threads, lets let this stay open.'

I think the third idea is bad. Staff try their best to lock what they think is necessary
No, they lock everything that goes past 2 weeks.

Reactions: remio

Ayroh

After rejoining to a game 3 times, the chance to rejoin is removed. Done.
Should be removed after your 1st, or even 2nd chance has been used. I don't think 3 chances are necessary. Hardly ever does your game get so bad as to even need more than 1. If it does, then you probably shouldn't even be playing with that terrible of connection.

D

Deleted member 169486

Gonna keep bumping 'till someone says something.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Yes, a /report command clinking the report site or the guide to it would be ok.
Rejoining too, this can save someone's life, real life...
Necroposting, I don't care about that <3

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Top Bottom