Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello, before you continue reading, you should probably know some things. This thread is in no ways a suggestion thread, but just my opinion on the game mode itself. This thread is also in no ways a hate thread.

FFA, or free for all, is probably one of the most simple game modes, if not the most, on Cube. You choose you kit, and pvp other players. When you die, you can respawn with the same or different kit and get back into the action. It's not exactly as exciting as other game modes - Eggwars, Skywars, whatever - but it's somewhat fun. You usually have the chance to hone your skills at pvp, by playing against other players (or be totally destroyed in some cases). Because of the simplicity of the game mode itself, and some unique features to it, it's also probably the most abused and most toxic place on Cube.

Let's talk about toxicity, you already find it everywhere (a bit depressing). Considering that FFA's core game play is pvp, you'll have plenty of people who get mad. It get's rather irritating at times, especially if they're gonna spam rude messages in your PM. Of course you can deal with this with the /ignore command. Or simply report them, but things go a little beyond that. You'll come across targetting, and probably will do it yourself, too. Being someone who actually targets people I dislike, and being targetted, I can say it's one of the lows of FFA. The game is nearly impossible to play, if you can't spend a single moment actually getting a kill. Or someone will spend their time annoying you by poisoning (that poison is wayyyyyyy to OP), bowing, or cleaning you. There isn't really a way to deal with it, unless you have team mates who will protect you whatsoever.

So that brings a particular aspect of FFA, that you won't find in most games. The teaming. Yes, teaming is allowed, and I hope it remains so. In a game mode that's rather messy, having a rule about teaming is a waste of time. So, teaming, it gets pretty crazy in FFA. Fighting in a 2v1, now that's already a bit difficult. Imagine a 5v1. Now that's impossible. Teaming + targetting? Wow, imagine that. In most versions of FFA, teams are rather large. For an example, in Classic Mode (1.8), there's usually a single team that is formed of the "regulars", pissing off some of them puts targetting in light. So does that mean, you shouldn't play FFA because of the teams? Nah, the teams are pretty much the backbones of that community. It's not hard to actually team up with them, or play solo if you want. Just stay clear of being toxic / targetting, and you'll probably be fine. Probably.

Also in a game mode where the leaderboard is dependent on the amount of kills you have, it's the most abused. I can assure you, that several people who are or gonna be on the leaderboard boosted their way up. I mean, things like this, is totally legit, right?
2018-03-04_22.01.49.png
2018-03-04_20.21.56.png

So fighting for the leaderboard is not worth your time, sorry. Unless you plan to spend several hours getting 1k kills per day, you won't stand a chance. To keep things in perspective, I actually made it onto the leaderboard a while ago. It took me 1k kills per day to climb it, and keep my spot. I don't have a screenshot of when I last played (was still 1st), but at that point, the leader board was mostly controlled by players from the Classic FFA community. Reality says that in 1.8, you can get kills faster than in 1.9. -cough- current 5th place -cough- boosting with alt -cough-

(Just a little update to the thread, it's also funny how 1st place went up 3k kills in less than a day. If someone was to spend 5 hours of playing, that means getting 600 kills per hour. Which in any case, is simply impossible. More reasons to not tryhard for the leaderboard. )

So let's actually talk about the game play itself. You have 5 kits, in OP it's a little different, but you have the alchemist, archer, warrior, tank, and ninja. The alchemist is given a variety of potions that you can use to your advantage. Sadly it's also one the kit 99% of the player have no idea how to play and just end up throwing all their harming potion in 1 go. It's also rather overpowered, at least in normal mode, but it only lasts a bit before you end up with rather useless gear. Archer, eh. It's the sort of kit some people use solely for the bow, but don't use for melee. You can try using it for both, but it's rather hard. The warrior, if you like to kill people and tank their hits a bit, go for it. The tank, pretty self explanatory, not gonna go into it. So, finally, the ninja kit. You have permanent speed 2, so that's a pro. But you only have 2 pieces of gear, so if you're pretty good at pvping, that's usually your go to. Then the diamond armor, and golden apples. Personally, I think they are way too cheap. I've spent some time fighting players who would spend thousands of points just to get it. I mean 50 points a piece, that's nothing. That plus golden apples (100), pretty much wasting your time trying to kill them (unless they are just really bad at the game itself). The game also has a wings mode, where you get elytras to fly around. But you lose a slot of armor (chestplate). Here the advantages of kits are shifted somewhat, but it's rather fun. I would encourage you to try it out.

So what's left? Hmm. Oh yea. Laggers or pingers. Nothing you can do about it. Deal with it. Play FFA if you want to, it's not entirely a bad thing as I kind of made it out to be. The people there are nice -cough- soup communtiy -cough- in their own way. It's a great place to simply pvp all you want. Not to great in terms of some features, but yea. Fun.

For those of you are who a bit curious about my stats, here they are. My deaths are broken, and I should have more than 13 million blocks walked. I should also have a couple thousand more kills, but since stats are broken... Otherwise it's pretty accurate.
2018-03-05_16.56.40.png

Last edited:
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
An important thing to know for new players would be that FFA, especially OP FFA is not about walking around and killing every player you encounter. You have to understand that most players aren't actually playing the game, but use it as a room to chat and to duel specific players. If you hit one of them, they will get very mad.
Because there is infinite saturation, it is very easy to run away from a fight. So before you start a fight, you should make sure the opponent wants to fight you, or they will simply run away anyways.
If you really want to win a fight, and you have played some other games and got points there, you can use the /shop command to become completely invincible and also get speed 2 so nobody can escape you.

Reactions: Jef15ist
F

Facelurite

Also dont forget the worst part of it all, Cl4nS, think if these as mega teams that last beyond a game or two. These are people with similar names, often stand around doing nothing. Puss them off and you’ll eternally be targetted. @Sophie tell us your Wemb abuse story.

I just play the game to piss people off by potion spamming and targetting people whi want to 1v1

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
@Sophie tell us your Wemb abuse story.

You want my take on this game, as a former fan of it who played it constantly and has over 20k kills or so spanning two accounts? Don't even start playing FFA. Trust me, it is not worth it. You'll be targeted by entire armies for hours at a time (not exaggerating in the slightest!) just for killing somebody who was typing, as if we were supposed to stop and ask permission before attacking them. If you use anything that isn't the Beast kit you're automatically a noob and if you deny a 1v1 against somebody you've just killed, you're a coward. If you decide to team with somebody, you're a noob who cannot fight alone (yes, because for this one occasion only, you decided to invite a friend along, you're terrible and can't fight without them), but if you complain about teamers you're a loser with no friends. Want to try the Archer kit? Your funeral I guess, because bow-spamming (using the bow as it was intended to be used) is a mortal sin and the only punishment is to be crucified by entire teams who will follow your every step, giving one another speed boosts and buying gear just so they can spam "LOL EZZZ!" after 7v1'ing you. How they find this fun is beyond me, but I kid you not they will chase you around the entire map six times over, having their friends respawn in cutoff points with the Wizard kit until you're dead. According to the FFA community, if you're having fun, you're playing it wrong and it's their job to fix it by scorning and harassing you.

Do not even go there.

Also, this is the last place any staff member should ever step foot, unless responding to a report. I spent most of my time here when I was mod, and I actually had to use my alt, frequently changing its name, just to have a chance of playing the game normally. Because of the game's clan mentality, if you mute/ban/warn a single clan member, you are done for. There's no chance of redemption, thou shalt not reach atonement, you will be hunted down on sight. Clans will also pretend to be your friend by saying hello to you in chat followed by a ton of corny smiley faces, but don't be fooled; this is a signal to their clannies to stop acting like ignoramuses and behave, and when you're gone they'll carry on as usual.

Everything above is typed from tons of experience. You want something a little more pleasant? Play Assassins or perhaps the Wings FFA maps*. They're far less hostile and therefore a lot more fun.

*Just Space. Flowers is just a really bad map imo.

F

Facelurite

You want my take on this game, as a former fan of it who played it constantly and has over 20k kills or so spanning two accounts? Don't even start playing FFA. Trust me, it is not worth it. You'll be targeted by entire armies for hours at a time (not exaggerating in the slightest!) just for killing somebody who was typing, as if we were supposed to stop and ask permission before attacking them. If you use anything that isn't the Beast kit you're automatically a noob and if you deny a 1v1 against somebody you've just killed, you're a coward. If you decide to team with somebody, you're a noob who cannot fight alone (yes, because for this one occasion only, you decided to invite a friend along, you're terrible and can't fight without them), but if you complain about teamers you're a loser with no friends. Want to try the Archer kit? Your funeral I guess, because bow-spamming (using the bow as it was intended to be used) is a mortal sin and the only punishment is to be crucified by entire teams who will follow your every step, giving one another speed boosts and buying gear just so they can spam "LOL EZZZ!" after 7v1'ing you. How they find this fun is beyond me, but I kid you not they will chase you around the entire map six times over, having their friends respawn in cutoff points with the Wizard kit until you're dead. According to the FFA community, if you're having fun, you're playing it wrong and it's their job to fix it by scorning and harassing you.

Do not even go there.

Also, this is the last place any staff member should ever step foot, unless responding to a report. I spent most of my time here when I was mod, and I actually had to use my alt, frequently changing its name, just to have a chance of playing the game normally. Because of the game's clan mentality, if you mute/ban/warn a single clan member, you are done for. There's no chance of redemption, thou shalt not reach atonement, you will be hunted down on sight. Clans will also pretend to be your friend by saying hello to you in chat followed by a ton of corny smiley faces, but don't be fooled; this is a signal to their clannies to stop acting like ignoramuses and behave, and when you're gone they'll carry on as usual.

Everything above is typed from tons of experience. You want something a little more pleasant? Play Assassins or perhaps the Wings FFA maps*. They're far less hostile and therefore a lot more fun.

*Just Space. Flowers is just a really bad map imo.
Satisfaction 100

thx for sharing i hate ffa too been harassed a lot

Reactions: Sophie

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Just a little update, apparently getting 3 thousand kill in FFA in 11 hours is TOTALLY possible. Hm, I wonder why I was never able to get past 1,200+ kills when I was tryharding it. (While spending nearly the same amount time, not to mention)

Peep at 1st place FFA, surely 3k is way too much to boost with friends/alt.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I just play the game to piss people off by potion spamming and targetting people whi want to 1v1
I can't approve of that. I don't like the way FFA is designed on cubecraft, and I think the main reason is that nobody that actually plays the game can make any decisions to change things. But most of the issues aren't the players fault, they are making the best of a game that is impossible to play like FFA. Finding someone to fight in the real duels is very inconvenient, so just let them have their bad alternative to a duel system with matchmaking issues.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
I can tell one thing.
I never used alt's or friends to farm kills.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I can tell one thing.
I never used alt's or friends to farm kills.

Then care to explain how you averaged nearly 300 kills per hour?

Quite frankly, I think you boosted to get that much. If it were possible to get 3k a day (if you spent 11 hours, as you claimed), I'm surprised that just about everyone else on the leaderboard isn't going up in the incredible rates that you are. Fishy? Definetly.

Edit: Now just a little assumption here, but I believe you play 1.9 Normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sophie

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Then care to explain how you averaged nearly 300 kills per hour?

Quite frankly, I think you boosted to get that much. If it were possible to get 3k a day (if you spent 11 hours, as you claimed), I'm surprised that just about everyone else on the leaderboard isn't going up in the incredible rates that you are. Fishy? Definetly.

Edit: Now just a little assumption here, but I believe you play 1.9 Normal?
I play 1.9 OP on wings maps and kills are much more common there.
And playing on the no-wings maps is no option for me because the target i get right after spawning.

Reactions: Dutudy

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I play 1.9 OP on wings maps and kills are much more common there.
And playing on the no-wings maps is no option for me because the target i get right after spawning.

Common as kills may be, it makes a lot more sense for Wings Classic mode to give more kills then OP 1.9 Wings. Yet I could barely average over 100 per hour. Still fishy... 300 kills/hour...

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy bday
@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom