Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

VisoredTrack494

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2022
When Game Duels was announced I was excited, having all the games available in a 1v1 mode seemed interesting and a good idea!
However, when the first Game Duel was released (Lucky Islands Duels) I immediately realized that if the other Game Duels were going to be exactly the same as their original game but in 1v1 mode, I knew then that it wasn't going to be a good idea after all.
If the basis of the Game Duels is exactly the same as the original game and without any changes to try to balance the matches, then it is not fun, you only give tryhards to compete for who finishes the game in the shortest time possible, I don't even think those people really enjoy the game, of course, duels should be short, but so short and with zero strategy?

This whole thread is speaking from a bedrock player point of view (I don't know about Java but some things could be the same), do you realize how a game of Lucky Islands Duels and EggWars Duels can last as little as 30 seconds? And getting either 25 or 45 experience respectively is completely unbalanced.
If you want short duels, you can play the original Duels game, but you could put some effort to make the Game Duels more interesting!

Really all you're doing is copying and pasting, I don't consider that good updates.
I mean, if Lucky Islands Duels is exactly the same but extremely unbalanced you would have better added Lucky Islands Duos, that's what people really wanted.
Unfortunately, because people already get used to games, and you didn't put those games in a beta phase, I don't think you can change them to balance them in a better way, it's late and people would not like any changes.

This thread is not about suggestions, because as I said, at this point it is counterproductive to change something in the current Game Duels in order to balance them. Still, I just want to mention some points that I personally would have changed in the current Game Duels to make them more unique, interesting, and balanced before their release:

Lucky Islands Duels

Lucky Islands is a game that is completely based on luck, maybe this game works well on java because there are more loot available, but on bedrock, most of the time you only have to open 4 lucky blocks to get blocks and a weapon and run to kill the opponent, YAY! your game lasted 30 seconds and your opponent didn't have the slightest chance to defend himself because he didn't get anything good!

What would I have done differently?
  • I would have removed blocks from loot, encourage people to take their time to take wood or other type of block to get to the enemy's island, if you don't get a weapon, at least with the time it will take the enemy to reach your island, you could make yourself a wooden sword and try to defend yourself.
  • I would have removed the saturation, saturation is extremely high, who needs food for a 1-minute game?
  • I would have changed the Crazy modifier, did you even think about modifiers? You know that crazy is exactly the same as normal but with events right? and those events appear randomly, well, it is practically impossible for there to be events with such short games, even in the Solo or TO4 modalities where the games usually last 2-4 minutes there are times when only a maximum of 2 events appear, I would have made an event appear every 30 seconds
  • I would have put more distance between the islands and the middle, I'm sure it can be the perfect distance for java, but on bedrock with the speed which you can build bridges, the distance should have been at least double

EggWars Duels

Quite a fun game but where 30-second games are even more common than in Lucky Islands Duels and they give you almost double experience! You just don't give the less experienced players time to enjoy the game, it's clear that the better player is almost always the one who is going to win, but give the other person a chance to at least equip themselves and be able to defend themselves properly!

What wouldI have done differently?
  • The only thing I would have done differently is when you break the enemy egg, you get teleported back to your island. That would have made the games more unique, strategic and interesting

Actually, the only good thing about Game Duels is that there are no kits, otherwise the games would be even worse.
The only Game Duel that could work without any change is Bridges since it is a game originally for 1v1 but cubecraft made it 5v5, what I would change would be that the first person to capture 5 or 3 times is the winner.
As for SkyWars, due to its simplicity, I don't think it requires big changes either, here you could just copy and paste, unfortunately, the games with which you were able to experiment more (Lucky Islands and EggWars) were the first to be released, I'm looking forward to seeing BlockWars CTF Duels because it's definitely something you have to balance properly, just copying and pasting won't work, but we'll see in the future.

I would also like to quote this, all the game duels are made so that in the future they could be 2v2 or 3v3, just imagine the games so unbalanced that could be if nothing is done about it.
Just want to squash some rumours before it gets out of hand lol. All of our game duels maps are made with 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 in mind. So if in the future we do want 2v2 or 3v3 or more, we can :D - For now, EggWars Duels has no plans to go more than 1v1 :P

(I legit forget to remove the cages one time for a screenshot and all hell breaks loose lol)

• Disagree
Reactions: Iridinox

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally speaking, I disagree, duels are meant to be quick and in normal duels people are encouraged to kill the opponent quickly.

I especially disagree with making blocks in lucky blocks not drop, I personally want them to be more common as they hardly drop at spawn, and in eggwars I disagree with teleporting to spawn as this could be used by other players and it would just make the game less fun and more annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: josepadgui

VisoredTrack494

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2022
Personally speaking, I disagree, duels are meant to be quick and in normal duels people are encouraged to kill the opponent quickly.
As I said, this is not a suggestion, I'm just sharing some things that I would have done differently to balance the games, the original Duels game is balanced because both people have the same kit, but in Game Duels, some of these changes would have delayed the game just a bit so that both players had a chance to win, and not just the one who gets to the enemy island faster, actually I don't think any of these changes will make games last 5 minutes longer, just a few seconds

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
When Game Duels was announced I was excited, having all the games available in a 1v1 mode seemed interesting and a good idea!
However, when the first Game Duel was released (Lucky Islands Duels) I immediately realized that if the other Game Duels were going to be exactly the same as their original game but in 1v1 mode, I knew then that it wasn't going to be a good idea after all.
If the basis of the Game Duels is exactly the same as the original game and without any changes to try to balance the matches, then it is not fun, you only give tryhards to compete for who finishes the game in the shortest time possible, I don't even think those people really enjoy the game, of course, duels should be short, but so short and with zero strategy?

This whole thread is speaking from a bedrock player point of view (I don't know about Java but some things could be the same), do you realize how a game of Lucky Islands Duels and EggWars Duels can last as little as 30 seconds? And getting either 25 or 45 experience respectively is completely unbalanced.
If you want short duels, you can play the original Duels game, but you could put some effort to make the Game Duels more interesting!

Really all you're doing is copying and pasting, I don't consider that good updates.
I mean, if Lucky Islands Duels is exactly the same but extremely unbalanced you would have better added Lucky Islands Duos, that's what people really wanted.
Unfortunately, because people already get used to games, and you didn't put those games in a beta phase, I don't think you can change them to balance them in a better way, it's late and people would not like any changes.

This thread is not about suggestions, because as I said, at this point it is counterproductive to change something in the current Game Duels in order to balance them. Still, I just want to mention some points that I personally would have changed in the current Game Duels to make them more unique, interesting, and balanced before their release:

Lucky Islands Duels

Lucky Islands is a game that is completely based on luck, maybe this game works well on java because there are more loot available, but on bedrock, most of the time you only have to open 4 lucky blocks to get blocks and a weapon and run to kill the opponent, YAY! your game lasted 30 seconds and your opponent didn't have the slightest chance to defend himself because he didn't get anything good!

What would I have done differently?
  • I would have removed blocks from loot, encourage people to take their time to take wood or other type of block to get to the enemy's island, if you don't get a weapon, at least with the time it will take the enemy to reach your island, you could make yourself a wooden sword and try to defend yourself.
  • I would have removed the saturation, saturation is extremely high, who needs food for a 1-minute game?
  • I would have changed the Crazy modifier, did you even think about modifiers? You know that crazy is exactly the same as normal but with events right? and those events appear randomly, well, it is practically impossible for there to be events with such short games, even in the Solo or TO4 modalities where the games usually last 2-4 minutes there are times when only a maximum of 2 events appear, I would have made an event appear every 30 seconds
  • I would have put more distance between the islands and the middle, I'm sure it can be the perfect distance for java, but on bedrock with the speed which you can build bridges, the distance should have been at least double

EggWars Duels

Quite a fun game but where 30-second games are even more common than in Lucky Islands Duels and they give you almost double experience! You just don't give the less experienced players time to enjoy the game, it's clear that the better player is almost always the one who is going to win, but give the other person a chance to at least equip themselves and be able to defend themselves properly!

What wouldI have done differently?
  • The only thing I would have done differently is when you break the enemy egg, you get teleported back to your island. That would have made the games more unique, strategic and interesting

Actually, the only good thing about Game Duels is that there are no kits, otherwise the games would be even worse.
The only Game Duel that could work without any change is Bridges since it is a game originally for 1v1 but cubecraft made it 5v5, what I would change would be that the first person to capture 5 or 3 times is the winner.
As for SkyWars, due to its simplicity, I don't think it requires big changes either, here you could just copy and paste, unfortunately, the games with which you were able to experiment more (Lucky Islands and EggWars) were the first to be released, I'm looking forward to seeing BlockWars CTF Duels because it's definitely something you have to balance properly, just copying and pasting won't work, but we'll see in the future.

I would also like to quote this, all the game duels are made so that in the future they could be 2v2 or 3v3, just imagine the games so unbalanced that could be if nothing is done about it.
I think some changes should be made to the game duels, as copying and pasting the same mechanics of the original games clearly doesn't work at all. There have been many suggestions about what they should change in these new gamemodes, however, I think they are a good addition overall.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom