Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Skyblock, try to stay on topic!
Status
Not open for further replies.

harvey607

Jul 6, 2020
you can't even join people on skyblock wow and it says need more profiles even though i have 2 and if you need a profile slot to join why can't you just delete one it's so idiotic not gonna lie please respond.

Hxrry lol

Jul 8, 2020
Hackersdontwin is is there a time it takes for a zombie to spawn as they’re taking a minute for 1 zombie, is that just the time it takes?

Jul 14, 2020
Spawn rates are determined by the room there is for the mob to spawn, normally, spawners can spawn animals 4 blocks away from the spawner and 2 blocks high/low. However, I’ve noticed that cube craft Skyblock is kinda weird with its spawners. They are technically not supposed to be active over 20 blocks away and I’ve noticed that cows only spawn on top of the spawner.

Jul 14, 2020
I’ve unlocked this side quest but am confused on how to make a shield. It’s not in the crafting recipe so I figured it was like hoppers and had to be made manually. However, I’ve searched up the recipe and found it not working. How am I supposed to make a Sheild?

Attachments

• 34D57513-2E1B-470A-8391-4E40309629D1.png
    34D57513-2E1B-470A-8391-4E40309629D1.png
    747.2 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 60C5B9FD-D784-4790-8FA3-25E83B5DA47D.png
    60C5B9FD-D784-4790-8FA3-25E83B5DA47D.png
    687.8 KB · Views: 502
Jul 14, 2020
I found someone else with the same problem who made a thread. Plz fix this, as my friends and I like unlocking new quests

(This is Bedrock)
Oak Forest: Beetroot, Oak, Cobblestone
Plains: Cows, Coal, Pumpkin
Taiga: Chicken, Wheat, Spruce, Lapis
Jungle: Spider, Jungle
Desert: Zombie
Birch: Cave Spider, Iron, Birch, Melon
Badlands: Skeleton, Gold, Acacia, Pig
Extreme Hills: Creeper, Sheep, Emerald, Carrot
Island 9: Dark Oak, Witch, Slime, Diamond (IDK any others)

Shady Hero

Aug 1, 2020
hey i just tried crafting a smoker and it didnt work...
when are you guys planning to update to 1.16?
soon hopefully there are so many new features i cant wait to try and im sure there could be some new islands based off the updates like a village island where you could trade crops and such for emeralds to buy stuff from the villagers or as another way to get skyblock coins from quests, same with bees there could 'bee' very cool quests relating to bees and maybe some information about bees too!(foxes and pandas could have cool quests too!)

FBX17

Jul 14, 2020
UK
soon hopefully there are so many new features i cant wait to try and im sure there could be some new islands based off the updates like a village island where you could trade crops and such for emeralds to buy stuff from the villagers or as another way to get skyblock coins from quests, same with bees there could 'bee' very cool quests relating to bees and maybe some information about bees too!(foxes and pandas could have cool quests too!)
Skyblock 'runs' on 1.9, but allows clients from 1.9-1.16 to join. They probably won't change this for years to come, as it would require changing the whole server to 1.16, which has a whole host of downsides, including:
  • Much laggier gameplay on both the server and client
  • A total rewrite of the network's codebase for every single game update
  • No backwards compatibility
  • Less client-side mods
The fact that the most recent Skyblock update was a Nether update shows how the server has no plans of introducing 1.16 features for a very long time, and it's a reasonable assumption that that belief can be extended all the way to 1.10

Bedrock runs on pre-1.10. Also, villagers are shops and emeralds are unlocked on island 8. If you want your own islands, go make your own server

purplepenguin

Aug 3, 2020
At any point is the cubecraft skyblock team going to add redstone? It would help getting around and mob farms.

FBX17

Jul 14, 2020
UK
At any point is the cubecraft skyblock team going to add redstone? It would help getting around and mob farms.
There's already at least 5 threads covering this topic, and the likely answer is no - it would cause way too much lag, it isn't implemented into the server's codebase (at least for Bedrock), and it would be a step backwards in terms of parity between the Java and Bedrock servers.

There's also really not much point to it -
  • All mob farms use fall traps (except for spiders, which are drowned, and chickens, which are killed by ocelots)
  • Skyblock runs in 1.9, so observers wouldn't be added
  • BUD switches don't work in Bedrock, so the vast majority of the playerbase couldn't utilize genuine auto-farms
  • Crops grow at a much slower rate, so incredibly long (and laggy) repeater chains would be required for "auto-farms" (if you can even call it that) on Bedrock
  • Using fortune on crops is generally much more productive than an automated redstone system - logging in twice a day to harvest sugar cane with fortune 5 (using boosters) yields 12.5% more sugar cane than an automated redstone system (up to 50% with fortune 10 and 125% with fortune 20)
  • 0 tick contraptions wouldn't work, as the random tick speed is set to 0
  • Your island's maximum dimensions are about 360x360, so there's no real need for faster transportation than walking (plus you can use packed ice if you're really that desperate)
The only viable use for redstone which I can think of is sorting systems, as witches and skeletons clog up your storage system with sticks, sugar, bottles and arrows. Assuming witches are the primary source of redstone, you'd need a massive witch grinder to get your redstone supplies, as well as Nether access for quartz for comparators - at this point in the game, your primary source of income should realistically be something more profitable than witches or skeletons (probably pigs/carrots), therefore making even this use obsolete.

If you can think of any actual uses for redstone which do manage to outweigh its clear downsides, do be sure to reply.

Reactions: FractalCake

Dude10d

Aug 23, 2020
View attachment 159965

Hello! Since the release of Skyblock I've had many people come up to me and ask different type of questions. Some of those questions are more common than others so I've decided to make this thread which should answer some of them!

List of questions

1. How do I add someone to my island?
  2. How do I get coal/lapis/iron/etc?
  3. How do I remove someone from my island?
  4. How much does this item cost?
  5. How do I collect a spawner? Is silk touch needed?
  6. How do I give items/coins to someone that isn’t on my island?
  7. How long does it take for this to grow/generate?
  8. How can I visit my friends’ island?
  9. How do I enchant an item?
  10. How do I repair an item?
  11. How many islands are there?
  12. How do I tame an ocelot?
  13. I found a bug! What do I do?
  14. How do I reset/delete a profile?
  15. How do I get to an island? Where is it?

Answers

1. How do I add someone to my island?
You can do so by being in the profile you’d like to add the player to, open the skyblock menu, click on profiles, click on the profile you’re currently on and click on the item that’s named “Add Player”. Another easy way to do this is by using the command /profile add <name>.

2. How do I get coal/lapis/iron/etc?
These items are found in different islands that you can unlock by completing quests.

3. How do I remove someone from my island?
Go to your Skyblock menu. From there click on the profile menu, then onto your active profile and click on the player you would like to kick. In that menu click on the TNT and you will have kicked that player from your profile!

4. How much does this item cost?
You can check the buy price of an item in the shop which is accessible by clicking on the villager at your island or by going to the Skyblock hub. This requires you having the item in your inventory.

5. How do I collect a spawner? Is silk touch needed?
You can remove any type of spawner with a pickaxe. No enchants needed!

6. How do I give items/coins to someone that isn’t on my island?
Currently giving or trading items or coins isn’t possible.

7. How long does it take for this to grow/generate?
If you click on the crop or generator a GUI should show on your screen which displays the time it takes to grow/generate. You can also see this information on a documentation thread I made here.

8. How can I visit my friends’ island?
Currently it is not possible to do this but it will most likely be a feature in the future!

9. How do I enchant an item?
You can enchant an item by going to the skyblock hub and right clicking the NPC with the name “Enchanter”. This should open a GUI where if you then click the item you’d like to enchant you should have various different enchants that you’re able to put on your item.

10. How do I repair an item?
You can repair an item by going to the skyblock hub and right clicking the NPC with the name “Repairer”. This should open a GUI where if you click on the item you’d like to repair you have different options as to how much you’d like to repair your item. Repairing an item uses the same material that you used to craft it.

11. How many islands are there?
There are currently 9 islands (including the starter island).
  1. Oak Forest
  2. Plains
  3. Cold Taiga
  4. Jungle
  5. Desert
  6. Birch Forest
  7. Savannah
  8. Extreme Hills
  9. Swampland
Keep in mind that this is only the overworld. There are still 2 other dimensions. Who knows how they will look like!

12. How do I tame an ocelot?
Just unlocked the Jungle Island and you'd like to tame some kitty cats? No problem! To tame an ocelot all you need to do is have some fish and stand near the ocelots, but don't move as they'll run away! If you're holding your fish they'll eventually get close enough to you where you'll be able to feed them fish and tame them! You can see a short video made by @Fisktratt showing how she tamed her ocelot by clicking here!

13. I found a bug! What do I do?
Awesome! We’re glad to hear that you’re willing to share it. Please report the bug at https://bugs.cubecraft.net/ and a staff member will check it as soon as they can!

14. How do I reset/delete a profile?
In the currently Skyblock version deleting or resetting a profile isn't possible.

15. How do I get to an island? Where is it?
To get to an island you first have to unlock it. This can be done by completing a certain amount of quests. Once you've done this a new island will appear somewhere in the distance and to get to it you'll have to build over there with blocks!

As of now these are the 15 most common questions that I've gotten in-game. If you have any questions that aren't listed here don't hesitate to ask me or another staff member. I might even add it to this list!
This answered most of my questions. Thank you!

Reactions: HackersDontWin

CacheGG

Novice Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hey! can you add an option to invite more players to play with you on the same island?

Aug 25, 2020
Hey, I was making a spider farm with soul sand so they get sent upstairs, but the soul sand won't apply the effect. Is this a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom