Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happene to the horses at the marrygoround?

• Remove the horses (all of them)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove the 2 circled in the screenshot

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keep it the way it is

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Move the 2 horses up more

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
For a while now, there was been these 2 objects in the map fairground that have annoyed me. The marrygoround has 2 horses on it (or what ever you call them) that are in the way of walking up some stairs, and in the way of an opening. To see what I mean, look at this link: https://imgur.com/bytO8Qy.

I thought it would be rediculous to make a thread on this because it seemed like something that would be dumb to talk about, but I thought to make it anyways.

Tell me what you think and vote in the poll what you think should happen.

Reactions: Ruisdier

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
For a while now, there was been these 2 objects in the map fairground that have annoyed me. The marrygoround has 2 horses on it (or what ever you call them) that are in the way of walking up some stairs, and in the way of an opening. To see what I mean, look at this link: https://imgur.com/bytO8Qy.

I thought it would be rediculous to make a thread on this because it seemed like something that would be dumb to talk about, but I thought to make it anyways.

Tell me what you think and vote in the poll what you think should happen.

Its honestly not a problem. It just makes the map more fun and challenging. Plus it stops the nubs from rushing the gens right away.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Its honestly not a problem. It just makes the map more fun and challenging. Plus it stops the nubs from rushing the gens right away.
Kind of is because it's in the way all the time for my friends and I. I don't care about the "nubs getting the generators" I only care if it is extremely annoying and doesn't have a use for much other than it's just there. Whenever you try to make a bridge from that opening to the middle of the island, that thing is always there. Also, if you try to go up the stairs to the right of the screenshot, the horse is completely blocking you.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Kind of is because it's in the way all the time for my friends and I. I don't care about the "nubs getting the generators" I only care if it is extremely annoying and doesn't have a use for much other than it's just there. Whenever you try to make a bridge from that opening to the middle of the island, that thing is always there. Also, if you try to go up the stairs to the right of the screenshot, the horse is completely blocking you.

Still don’t see an issue. I work around it personally.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Still don’t see an issue. I work around it personally.
But just try to think about it not being there. It is just a thing in the way. It really isn't hard to see the issue at all. Just know that having something in the way like that for every time gets annoying. I thought it was a dumb suggestion to make too, but I have seen people make little suggestions to editing a map, and they have been excepted, and taken seriously. This specific thing is just another one of those annoying things that isn't needed in a map. Every time, I will be walking up one of the stairs, and then the horse will be there. If I make a bridge from the obvious opening to the middle of the island (which everyone does) then you can see that the horse is in the way. Just suggesting to change, or remove 2 horses at the merrygoround.
While this is in mind, take a look at this image again: https://imgur.com/bytO8Qy
I feel like it is pretty obvious they're just completely in the way.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
But just try to think about it not being there. It is just a thing in the way. It really isn't hard to see the issue at all. Just know that having something in the way like that for every time gets annoying. I thought it was a dumb suggestion to make too, but I have seen people make little suggestions to editing a map, and they have been excepted, and taken seriously. This specific thing is just another one of those annoying things that isn't needed in a map. Every time, I will be walking up one of the stairs, and then the horse will be there. If I make a bridge from the obvious opening to the middle of the island (which everyone does) then you can see that the horse is in the way. Just suggesting to change, or remove 2 horses at the merrygoround.
While this is in mind, take a look at this image again: https://imgur.com/bytO8Qy
I feel like it is pretty obvious they're just completely in the way.

I can make that jump by going up the fence thing and still make it a block away from the horse. Its honestly up to Efcluke and the rest of the builders but I'll keep my opinion. True builders can make errors in maps. BUT, they made that for a reason. And after the couple years, the map has been out it was not changed. Probably for a reason, if not then they will see this suggestion. My point is there are more solutions to your problem that you realize. Plus, might I add it gives a challenge to get across and its fun in my opinion.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
BUT, they made that for a reason. And after the couple years, the map has been out it was not changed.
Most of the time, the reason something is there, is because the builders thought it looked nice. They're there to make things look nice, not necessarily work out in gameplay all the time. The reason it may have not been changed yet is because nobody brought it to light.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Plus, might I add it gives a challenge to get across and its fun in my opinion
I mean... I guess, but I think it is annoying to have anyways with how easy it is to come up with a solution.
I mean I don't mind if it gets fixed.
But I don't think they should remove it completely.
@AFreakingCookie (Hank)
Then it will look weird.
Yes, but if they remove all of them, it wont look nearly as weird as it would with the two being removed.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean... I guess, but I think it is annoying to have anyways with how easy it is to come up with a solution.

Yes, but if they remove all of them, it wont look nearly as weird as it would with the two being removed.

Then the whole thing should go because the merry-go-round is literally made for that. If it doesn't have that on it. Well, it is defeating the purpose of its name and place on the map.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
If these horses are getting in your way then get better at parcour
I'm not saying that parkour is the issue. I'm saying that it is annoying to have it in the way when it doesn't have to be. Also, it gets in the way of the bridge from the villager to the middle of the island, and when you try to go up the to the right of the screenshot, the horse is in the way. So I just think they don't have to be there.
Gocha. I honestly think if they DO change it. It's going to raise it not remove it. :p
That's what I was thinking of. It didn't seem logical to have it removed while there were still more, but I made that an option still.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not saying that parkour is the issue. I'm saying that it is annoying to have it in the way when it doesn't have to be. Also, it gets in the way of the bridge from the villager to the middle of the island, and when you try to go up the to the right of the screenshot, the horse is in the way. So I just think they don't have to be there.

That's what I was thinking of. It didn't seem logical to have it removed while there were still more, but I made that an option still.

Might want to tag Efcluke then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Otherworld's profile.
💙
UncleSpect wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you have a wonderful day today!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom