• Yes!

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No!

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters

Pandaa

Forum Expert
giphy.gif

People will always bypass it, we just need to learn to deal with it.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
-1 its not toxic, just another way of saying easy, so this would be pointless. But I do see why ppl get annoyed with it, when someone calls them eZ noobs bc they won what was a close 1v1 or the loser was on low health and killed in 1 hit.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I'm in for this, but you won't be able to filly erase the word. That's too difficult and it has too many different ways to write "eZ".

D

Deleted member 100818

I's actually quite annoying to me too but as @jollow250 said, they will find another way and filtering ez EZ E Z etc is not really difficult but it's just that there may be so much reports about people saying ez in a different way while I'm not sure if you're intention is to give people a mute for how long you want it to be but that will cause too many reports will come even tho it isn't mutable people will report each other because you can't say it, and that ain't their fault, no it's confusing I understand so this is just what it COULD cause, not sure if there are reports from the word "noob" maybe it's good to filter ez E Z EZ but on the other hand people will spam staff that they've found a way to bypass it and that will cause so much trouble so -1 for me

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Yup, "ez" is trash talking. And trash talking serves no useful purpose, not to mention being disrespectful to other players.

For some individuals, saying "ez" has significant meaning in their lives because it makes them feel better about themselves. A simple "gg" will suffice, but some people are determined to go that extra mile.

It's good that "ez" is now censored, but people will go to the trouble of using other variations. Just recently, there was an individual who beat me one game in
spleef and he goes "easy". Then he looks at the leaderboard and goes, "oh wow, I just beat one of the best players. Easy". I get that he was just trying to give himself some sense of self-worth, but really? lol

And in another game... I joined, won the first game and the team that was there were so mad at this that they went ballistic. I win, it's like "Spleefy camper". "Spleefy noob". "Spleefy KYS". "Spleefy hacks". "Go cut yourself", etc. I lose, it's like "ez", "noob", etc. Each time I fell into the void they would say "ez".
Why, I have no idea. It's not like I was the only one to fall into the void lol.

"ez" was very common, especially back in the old arcade. However, once the word was censored, it was no longer an issue.

Now people do use variations, but from my experience, it occurs infrequently. I've only seen a few people go to the trouble of doing "e z" or by typing the e and z separately. And I've only seen a few people say "easy" to me. Thus, this suggests that removing a few variations may deter some people from using it, as it would mean more of an effort on their part to find a variation that is not censored.

Hopefully, in time, the trash will be taken out. But I do believe removing some variations of "ez" will be a deterrent to some extent and thus it's a yes vote for me.

Perhaps by spreading awareness and a message on the server that trash talking is unacceptable and not welcome will clean up the rubbish even further, similar to school bullying programs at some schools. And a good way to start might be to censor "ez" variations to reduce its occurrence.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Dude people are getting triggered by the letter "L" after a game.
So sad ;(
well you can't say the letter L at any time
Are people really getting offended by two letters? Like is this satire?
that doesn't really hold true
imagine you just switch up the contexts here and decided call a black the n word and than saying, what they are really getting offended by just 6 letters? that is stupid

words have meanings
or even closer to your example call a gay, the 3 letter version of the common gay slur, than say grow up it is 3 letters
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/did-you-know-its-mutable-to-talk-in-chat.181229/
All I have to say.
Problem still applies today.

If you really have a huge problem with someone calling you "ez" just turn off your chat or leave your computer.
HmDkiKTORZe0uhNNWlHH_c7.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Are people really getting offended by two letters?
"Offended" is the completely wrong term to use in this situation.
I highly doubt anyone gets "Offended" by "e z"

TBH "annoying" is the better word.
Dude people are getting triggered by the letter "L" after a game.
So sad ;(

Honestly the letter "L" doesn't annoy me in any way.
They are just stating that I lost a game, in which they are pointing out the obvious.

I do agree that some people get triggered by one letter, but really they are just stating the obvious.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, going to request a lock as people seem to be against the idea.

Don't go:
"lol he locked it because he knew that his argument was getting defeated bla bla bla"

@Marieke2001 @telegamer

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I disagree some letters on spanish include EZ example; Head, grow and some words more, also I don't get EZ as a offensive word
The way the chat filter would work is it checks for space characters (or nothing) either side of the letters "ez", so if ez has a letter on either side of it (like in a word) that would be allowed, and if it's on its own or separated from other worlds by spaces that would be blocked.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 135706

"EZ"
Probably the most Toxic phrase on minecraft, and on Cuberaft.

SUGGESTION
To completely wipe the phrase "EZ" off of the server.

This phrase is the easiest thing to bypass, as in the picture above.

"E Z"
"E Z"
"E Z"
etc...

Pretty much my idea is to:
Make it illegal to write the letters "e" and "z" next to each other in any way, shape, or form.

There is the term "izi", but people most likely won't use it.

Let me know what you think down below!

(Easy won't be in the filter, because it usually applies to other things)

I love this idea but I'm pissed at a lot of supporters here because when I MADE THIS SAME THREAD 3 months ago everyone said no...

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
"ez" itself is only offensive to people if they take it offensively.
Blocking it really doesn't matter to me as I was never bothered by "ez", and it was one of those things I'd say when I died to a friend of mine (mainly Lez).

Blocking the variants really wouldn't matter, especially "E Z" or something similar. That's only going to make communicating more difficult in a few languages. That's not even considering the fact that they'll just find more ways to bypass it like every other blocked word.
Sticking with "ez" as a blocked word seems good enough to me.

Can they get a mute for this? than report it on Reports.cubecraft.net
Despite "ez" being a blocked word, it is not something that the staff mute for.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dayumm 3 years as a member :o
Quite nice of Cubecraft to release the Fire bundle this summer when temps go up to 39°C
Now i can feel hot in real life and in game at the same time
Endermanxbox479 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy bday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom