Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
U

Unipotato

Hello all,

I know this is going to probably get shot down pretty quickly but I just wanted to throw this idea out there. Elytra in EggWars. Why not? I think it would add some pretty cool game mechanics. Say if you were going to attack a team with bows and building just wasn't an option. You are in normal mode, so there are no ender pearls. You build up and fly down. If you get hit by an arrow, you will not go flying into the void and will successfully make it to the island. This eliminates campers too!

The item would be in every mode. It would be fairly high priced like an ender pearl. Also, it would help out all the people who are pro enderpearls in normal mode. What does everyone think?

Yoshi_55x

Oct 19, 2016
Hello all,

I know this is going to probably get shot down pretty quickly but I just wanted to throw this idea out there. Elytra in EggWars. Why not? I think it would add some pretty cool game mechanics. Say if you were going to attack a team with bows and building just wasn't an option. You are in normal mode, so there are no ender pearls. You build up and fly down. If you get hit by an arrow, you will not go flying into the void and will successfully make it to the island. This eliminates campers too!

The item would be in every mode. It would be fairly high priced like an ender pearl. Also, it would help out all the people who are pro enderpearls in normal mode. What does everyone think?
You should explain what a "Elytra" is for all the non 1.9+ players because I had no idea what you were talking about. As far as the idea goes I love it, but I think its too Op people wont use it as you may think. I can see players building up to max height and flying around the map, so maybe it can only be used for 30 seconds before it goes/breaks.

Really good suggestion just needs a few things cleared up.
This is what a Elytra is:
e1c94576908cd848cf940bad8070b4cd.jpg

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello all,

Yes! So much yes. I've brought up this idea myself so many times now. The item is not as OP as enderpearls as it can be edited so that you only get a certain amount of short air time. If you make it expensive and only buyable from a villager in mid, this will be an effective, fun way to stop campers! +10000000

There are literally no downsides I can think of to this idea. Please staff add it already! xD
I did not see this thread, created the same also. I will report that one for lock
But i Like the idea,

For emerald maps.

Regards,
Vurnality

Btw, it has to be buyable with diamonds as not every map has an emerald generator. 64 diamonds should be a fair price in my opinion.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
NO NO NO NO NO. If you thought this was less OP than an Ender pearl, think again! Making the Elytra have one use (have the perfect amount of durability to reach one island) would be highly tedious and most likely Cube would make it so that it's the furthest distance between any two islands, which is home islands on Kingdom. On storm, you might be able to go around to all home islands with this durability with durability still remaining. Tl;dr It's way too OP and once again, if you want an anti-camp in normal then it needs to be a skilled / risky approach.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
NO NO NO NO NO. If you thought this was less OP than an Ender pearl, think again! Making the Elytra have one use (have the perfect amount of durability to reach one island) would be highly tedious and most likely Cube would make it so that it's the furthest distance between any two islands, which is home islands on Kingdom. On storm, you might be able to go around to all home islands with this durability with durability still remaining. Tl;dr It's way too OP and once again, if you want an anti-camp in normal then it needs to be a skilled / risky approach.

This is much riskier than ender pearls due to the fact you will more than likely be seen approaching, and as soon as you land you will have a big fight to deal with. Not to mention if they are skilled enough they can shoot you down mid-air.

The distance thing is a problem, I didn't think of that. But maybe they can change the durability for each map, so that it's not enough to be OP?

Last edited:

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
This is much riskier than ender pearls due to the fact you will more than likely be seen approaching, and as soon as you land you will have a big fight to deal with. Not to mention if they are skilled enough they can shoot you down mid-air.

The distance thing is a problem, I didn't think of that. But maybe thy can change the durability for each map, so that it's not enough to be OP?
It's not "much more risky" as they can just land on a high spot, but on their chestplate, gapple, then fight. Something that is risky, however, is bomb jumping.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
well then, it would be way too easy to destroy the egg,or fly up to other island.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
It's not "much more risky" as they can just land on a high spot, but on their chestplate, gapple, then fight. Something that is risky, however, is bomb jumping.

I actually like bomb jumping, it sounds fun and tricky to master. The only problem I see is that it's too challenging - not only have you got to judge the distance right, if they see you setting it up they are gonna bowspam you like there's no tommorow. RIP your dreams of landing on their island if they hit you mid flight with a punch bow.

It's probably gonna cause more stupid deaths than bridging over (i mean it would be frickin' hilarious to watch but still), and the whole point in these threads is to provide an efficient solution to camping that you can rely on...

In short, you'd probably be more successful trying to painfully safe bridge like everyone does now. In my opinion, of course : )

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
I don't like this. It sounds super awesome but it's just no fun. You can win a game easily with an Elytra that's not fun. Yes, maybe it's hard to get to an island with campers but that's the awesome part, you need to try really hard to win a game. If you have an Elytra you can just fly to an island and BOOM you've won so I don't like this.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I don't like this. It sounds super awesome but it's just no fun. You can win a game easily with an Elytra that's not fun. Yes, maybe it's hard to get to an island with campers but that's the awesome part, you need to try really hard to win a game. If you have an Elytra you can just fly to an island and BOOM you've won so I don't like this.

How would it ruin the fun? You can still sneak on eggs and bridge build - it's still a quick, valid method to use for rushing. You don't have to wait to get Elytra, play the game however you want to. The Elytra would be so expensive and hard to get that bridge building, rushing and/or sneaking in would still remain the most commonly used methods of attacking bases.

All the Elytra will do is add a solution of combating campers in the case that they wont stop bow spamming, which makes all the other methods damn near impossible.

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
How would it ruin the fun? You can still sneak on eggs and bridge build - it's still a quick, valid method to use for rushing. You don't have to wait to get Elytra, play the game however you want to. The Elytra would be so expensive and hard to get that bridge building, rushing and/or sneaking in would still remain the most commonly used methods of attacking bases.
It's about other people who are going to use the Elytra and winning in like 10 minutes while I like it when they're trying to build bridges and I can shoot them off.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
It's about other people who are going to use the Elytra and winning in like 10 minutes while I like it when they're trying to build bridges and I can shoot them off.

As I said, 'The Elytra would be so expensive and hard to get that bridge building, rushing and/or sneaking in would still remain the most commonly used methods of attacking bases'. I'd say only 25% of people would actually try to save up for it. Most would attack in the normal way, so it shouldn't effect gameplay too much.

And if the Elytra only allowed you to fly to one base & then break, the game would last much longer than 10 minutes. People would also be discouraged to rely on Elytra because of its poor durability...

U

Unipotato

It's not like something you can just buy in the very beginning of the game, when everyone's defenses are low. This would be bought late in the game when everyone had lobbed tons upon tons of obsidian on their eggs.

Reactions: Garden Salad

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Hello all,

Ender pearls won't get added to any other mode besides OP,
And elytra's are a lot more overpowered than ender pearls. I don't think they will be added.
Why? Because you have a risk with ender pearls. You don't know for certain if it's the perfect trajectory, while with an elytra you can basically do a "curved" ender pearl.
You can go straight for the egg, unlike ender pearls where you land somewhere and you need to stay sneaky.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi
U

Unipotato

Maybe If It Was Emerald Map 64 Emeralds And 15 Second Durability

I like the idea of it only being on Emerald Gen maps. That way it could be map specific so you didn't have to worry about people using it on smaller maps (Like Storm) and have an unfair advantage.

Reactions: Garden Salad

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I am not exactly for or against this addition, there are both advantages and disadvantages. Biggest advantage I can see, it would be a really effective way to stop campers. As for disadvantage, I think this item would be really too op due to many reasons.

fhettie

Oct 24, 2016
Hello all,

Would make it impossible to defend your egg I think.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
happy brithday!
Thjis wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
Happy Bday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya, here is a daily Water Reminder!:D !redeem water
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom