Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What idea do you like (multiple options possible)

• (1) remove the feature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (2) upgradable if not unlocked in shop

• (4) towers removable/upgradable through a setting toggle

• Total voters

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
So lately I've been playing a bit more tower defence and I've noticed a problem with upgrading towers. You can't choose an upgrade path of other's people towers. You also can't remove ill-placed towers of proponents. Both are very annoying, however, enabling people to remove any tower will increase trolling and allowing people to upgrade towers can also cause minor inconvenience. Another big problem with upgrading towers is that you have to buy certain upgrades in the shop. If someone hasn't bought the upgrade, he can't upgrade his towers, but by being his towers, neither can anyone else.

Let me propose a few possible solutions:

1. Remove the restriction in its entirety (both upgrading and removing).
  2. Let the tower be upgradable when the other player doesn't have at least one upgrade path unlocked in the shop (or both, but one is probably better).
  3. Let towers of friends and party members be upgradable/removable.
  4. To continue on this idea (3), it could also be a setting in the settings menu of cube craft. This could also be toggleable to all players. Perhaps "all players" could be the default. Newer players who will generally don't have the towers unlocked will probably make the most mistakes in placement/upgrades and be not aware of this feature, making it possible for experienced players to make changes. Experienced players that want to do their own upgrades could toggle this setting (they probably also know about it due to being experienced in the game).
  5. Towers could be "shiftable" meaning they can be moved a few blocks to any direction. This will enable people to change the place of their towers without removing it, but not completely placing it somewhere else (which would be a bit cheaty). This could also be a setting that can be changed to which people are allowed to shift your towers (all/friends/party + friends).

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I would suggest number 3. Because, technically, members of party won't troll, so it would be more efficient. In addition, this could reinforce work team with friends, and TD would be more enjoyable.

benc_

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
england
Personally I quite like the idea of 5 - because it would enable you to move the towers ever-so-slightly. Or perhaps just be able to move the tower?
I think the placing of towers and upgrading are entirely separate and should be kept that way.
Ill-placed towers could have the option to be moved, but this may cause trolling and also some people place towers strategically - for this option to be a thing it would perhaps need to ask the player in chat, like a party request sort of thing?
Upgrades could work by allowing all players to upgrade paths but allowing you to sell an upgrade and like downgrade a tower? Or when you place the tower you choose the path without buying it so that anyone can upgrade it
Additionally, by changing the way the unlock system works, it takes away the purpose of coming back and playing the game more. You go back to it to get points to unlock the towers, so by making this weird or removing it completely you get rid of that element.

To summarise, I like 5 with changes, but don't touch the locked upgrades

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I think there is no way of improving this with out ppl trolling with it, personally I think it's fine the way it is now, as long as ur able to rush u should not need to worry about not upgraded towers

Reactions: Aeva

benc_

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
england
I think there is no way of improving this with out ppl trolling with it, personally I think it's fine the way it is now, as long as ur able to rush u should not need to worry about not upgraded towers
Agreed but it's potentially an issue that puts older players who don't like to deal with those who cannot place towers properly away from the game and also newer users who don't understand the concept as well

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Agreed but it's potentially an issue that puts older players who don't like to deal with those who cannot place towers properly away from the game and also newer users who don't understand the concept as well
I think the only solution to this is to make a new better introduction / tutorial, I think the other ideas would be abused

benc_

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
england
I think the only solution to this is to make a new better introduction / tutorial, I think the other ideas would be abused
I agree that a tutorial, perhaps a 'cutscene' type of tutorial at the beginning of every game would be nice

Reactions: Matriox

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I understand it is not a major issue for the general gameplay, however, especially not being able to upgrade towers that the person who placed can't upgrade either sounds more like a bug/oversight than a feature

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I Like the option number 3. Because, members of the party usually don't troll, so that way is more efficient and you don't need to worry about team trolling

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i feel like option 3 is the best. some of my friends know how to play, but havent unlocked things like the shulker, so there's just a lvl2 necromancer for example. sure, i could place it for them, but that wouldnt work as great in the end. trolls/noobs is hard to prevent, but thats why 4 sounds kinda nice too!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
Top Bottom