Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

vanillasweets

Jun 26, 2016
Just play skywars then? Having an egg actually works very well to ones advantage, you just dont play it that way. I.E you can make a extra chest with a boy so upon dying when someone tries to come to your island you can shoot them off etc. Your villager idea is something to think about, but I think it will just create too many problems and complications. Plus, there is a lot of focus already on your egg such as you respawn? You can use that to your advantage if done right.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
The egg in Eggwars is virtually useless.
The egg is not always useless. The nice thing about this game is that it is different for every player. Each one creates their own style and strategy to the game, which includes how they want to play it. Therefore, if an egg is useless to one it could be completely useful to another. Keep in mind that not every player uses the same strategies as you and they do not all choose to rush the middle and ignore their egg. They play to their strengths and enjoy the game. That brings me to one of the things I love about Eggwars is that each player can use their own style and has the freedom to decide how they are going to play.

obviously many others may have their own variations, but im sure experienced, and intellegent players in eggwars came to my identical conclusion that the egg is pretty much useless
You said something similar here, but you seem to be implying that your way of playing is the best. The way this is worded seems to imply that people whom come to the same conclusion as you are the experienced and intelligent players. This is just not the case as there are many intelligent and experienced players that use a different strategy that works for them.

If Cubecraft wishes to have eggwars have more emphasis on the egg, then I would change the game in this way to allow more incentive for the egg. Make it so that the villager is no longer functional, and their deals are closed, or they die after the egg is destroyed, so that there is more emphasis on the egg's protection, and then people will protect it more. And maybe, add that the person who destroyed the egg has access to that villager's trades, and no one else does for destroying the egg as a reward, allowing for incentive for other eggs destruction, as a counter for an incentive for their own egg's protection.
Furthemore or an alternative, have items pop into inventory as reward for destroying other peoples eggs, giving incentive as well, and give inventory rewards possibly for having your egg NOT destroyed for a certain length of time as a reward for protecting it for so long.
All of these alternative are just ideas to giving emphasis to the egg, and I'm sure there are many more, but one way or another, the egg NEEDS more emphasis for this game to live up to its namesake.
In my opinion the egg is an addition to allow players to respawn when needed. It gives an extra feature that adds an extra challenge to the initial game. Now I do not like your idea of having the villagers break if your egg is broken. There are many reasons for this starting with the fact that people target other players and if someone's egg is broken at the beginning then it would just ruin the game for them. Also it would ruin the main point of the game which is to have a shop to buy gear so you can still win even if your egg is gone. It would become to frustrating and ruin the initial game if the shops were to go away with the egg. As for giving something into someone's inventory for different things, I personally do not feel this is needed. The main fact that you got someone's egg or still have your own egg should be reward enough. Especially since the whole point of the game is to get rid of people's eggs and protect your own. I am sorry, but I do not like these ideas.

Reactions: Despacito 2

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
The egg is not always useless. The nice thing about this game is that it is different for every player. Each one creates their own style and strategy to the game, which includes how they want to play it. Therefore, if an egg is useless to one it could be completely useful to another. Keep in mind that not every player uses the same strategies as you and they do not all choose to rush the middle and ignore their egg. They play to their strengths and enjoy the game. That brings me to one of the things I love about Eggwars is that each player can use their own style and has the freedom to decide how they are going to play.
Please give an example, your extremely vague
You said something similar here, but you seem to be implying that your way of playing is the best. The way this is worded seems to imply that people whom come to the same conclusion as you are the experienced and intelligent players. This is just not the case as there are many intelligent and experienced players that use a different strategy that works for them.
Nothing in my wording implied that people who come to my conclusion are experienced because they came to my conclusion. This is a logical fallacy. They are experienced because they can win, and do win on a regular basis. Once again, you are extremely vague. Give a strategy that you actually win on a regular basis and 'works'. What you say sounds all very nice and potentially truthful, until I realize you have no evidence.
Also it would ruin the main point of the game which is to have a shop to buy gear so you can still win even if your egg is gone.
But your proving my point. The main point of the game is the shop, not the egg, and I see that as a problem because cubecraft intended for this game to be centered around the egg. In the eggwars lobby, you can see a sign of how to play the game. It says "protect you egg at all costs". And the game is called EEEEGGGGGWars (emphasis on egg if you didn't get that) as well. That means the egg should be the most important thing. BUT ITS NOT. As you stated, the main point of the game, as a player learns from playing, shifts from the egg to the betterment of the gear THROUGH the villager, and the egg is a waste of time.
It would become to frustrating and ruin the initial game if the shops were to go away with the egg.
Thats the point. This is a solution to improving emphasis on the egg. This will give people incentive to protect the egg, bringing back cubecrafts intended game of protecting the egg, as it is obvious through its namesake and rules. Let me give you an analogy. If you ever played hockey or soccer, there is a small training game where the whole team goes inside a rectangular boundary with their own ball or puck they have to protect it from going out of bounds, otherwise the player is out. So people get other pucks or balls out and protect their own, and the last one standing wins. In this game you CANT win without your puck or ball, and thats how I think Cubecraft intended this minigame to be, with lots of emphasis on the egg, because the game IS called EGGWARS

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
Your villager idea is something to think about, but I think it will just create too many problems and complications.
What complications? this is to add emphasis on the egg, simple as that. Without egg,you won't get far. Thats my point.
I.E you can make a extra chest with a boy so upon dying when someone tries to come to your island you can shoot them off etc.
Bow means nothing if someone has shield, it only slows them down slightly.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I think kit farming should not be allowed and also, the egg is quite important in some scenarios, incase you come across a hacker who one hit kills you etc. There are many reasons for having an egg, the should keep it otherwise it changes the whole name of the game. The reason many people play is because you can respawn and fight back and I don't think they will change it.

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
incase you come across a hacker who one hit kills you etc.
This SHOULD NOT be a consideration. If you come across a hacker, you report him. You arithmetically and on a fundemental basis seriously disadvantaged from a hacker. The way this game works should not be determined on such a basis.
kit farming should not be allowed
I agree, but honestly, its kind of slow, because it takes time to die in void, and if they stay on their island forever, they will never get dias like others, and lose anyways
The reason many people play is because you can respawn and fight back and I don't think they will change it.
YOU COMPLETELY, I REPEAT, COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD MY IDEA!!!!! I never said anything about changing respawn, nothing, thats just a plain lie of you putting words in my mouth. Im saying keep respawn (I never respawn cuz I dont die anyways), but add significance to egg. WOW. The way some people misunderstand things and lie, and put words you mouth. WOW.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
For new people, I'm saying, I don't die that much either. Newbies will require the egg+I don't think they will change it otherwise it's not "Egg Wars" anymore and I don't believe people will play after that.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
bruh. Let me give you a direct example. Your in an OP battle with NORMAL Health. You both have dia gear in a 1 v 1 final. Do you think if you die, and lose all your stuff that you have a chance at all? He will come for your egg easy peasy. The respawn only delays the inevitable in such a situation, ur elimination

I dont act like it. I have discussed this with MANY people in the lobby, and many experienced friends of mine of eggwars agreed with me. Im not making this up out of the blue. This is many days of trying different strategies. And I am sure that this strategy is the best. Im not making anything up. Second off: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING, I REPEAT, ANYTHING!!!! about it should change because of ME or my strategy. Im saying it should change because if everyone employs this best strategy more or less, with room for variations, but the same idea, the egg is pontless. THIS IS MY POINT. Stop lying about what I said and putting words in my mouth that I didn't say or mean at all

Obsidian means nothing. Seriously. Only 10 dias to get best pickaxe, and u get through obby easypeasy. Trust me. I have been in that situation dozens of times and won.
You said "He who kneels before God can stand before anyone"
The pope sent many men, women, and kids to their deaths on a so called crusade to get money for himself. I would step on that Pope Urban and kill him, and save all those lives, even though he knelt before God. I would stand before that pope and crush him under my foot if could and save all those lives.
Did you just turn this into a religous debate? That has no place here. God gives everyone free will. That is all I have to say.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
And I am not trying to lie, you guys are going real overboard with this and getting angry. I am just stating my opinion not "putting words in your mouth and lying." So please stop trying to call me a liar and contradicting me.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
whats the point of this conversation? the egg is amazing, and is really important thats that. When you have your egg protected you dont have to worry about it, then you can rush and break everyone elses eggs then gear up while they camp. Then you can just go and finish them. The egg is really important, and needs no improvements

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
For new people, I'm saying, I don't die that much either. Newbies will require the egg+I don't think they will change it otherwise it's not "Egg Wars" anymore and I don't believe people will play after that.
You truly exceed yourself in your lies. Stop it, just stop lying. Read my full initial statement if you dont understand. I am reporting you for lying twice, with each time I corrected and warned you. I never said anything about getting rid of the egg. The contrary, I wish to strengthen its importance. Either you are seriously incompetent and unable to read my full idea and starement, or seriously trying to undermine my idea by lying. One way or another, I am reporting you

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
You lied twice:
There are many reasons for having an egg, the should keep it otherwise it changes the whole name of the game.
I never said anything about removing egg.
Newbies will require the egg+I don't think they will change it otherwise it's not "Egg Wars" anymore and I don't believe people will play after that.
Once again, I never said anything about removing the egg.
Twice you have lied.
And now you lied a 3rd time that your telling the truth:
So please stop trying to call me a liar and contradicting me.
No one is contradicting you. You clearly lied twice. Actually read this entire discussion. I said NOTHING about removing the egg. This gives me reason to report you

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
In conclusion? If cubeecraft means for this minigame to have emphasis on the villager, then thats fine with me. Just dont call it eggwars, and get rid of the egg, because my relatively optimal strategy (obviously many others may have their own variations, but im sure experienced, and intellegent players in eggwars came to my identical conclusion that the egg is pretty much useless) is eventually adopted in some sort of variation by everyone, and the egg is simply just a small extra thing to do to eliminate a player after you killed them...

You lied twice:

I never said anything about removing egg.

Once again, I never said anything about removing the egg.
I mean... you kinda did...

I'm assuming you're talking about solo Eggwars, because I don't think you've mentioned having teammates or anything, etc. Having a team in Eggwars changes the game so drastically, considering that each player has a function. My friends and I coordinate very well, because we're so versatile in our gameplay. We can virtually do all the things you said you do, with others blocking off the egg. The egg is always great to have, considering I have a bad history of walking off cliffs. Also, kit farming becomes virtually gone w/o an egg.

If Cubecraft wishes to have eggwars have more emphasis on the egg, then I would change the game in this way to allow more incentive for the egg. Make it so that the villager is no longer functional, and their deals are closed, or they die after the egg is destroyed, so that there is more emphasis on the egg's protection, and then people will protect it more. And maybe, add that the person who destroyed the egg has access to that villager's trades, and no one else does for destroying the egg as a reward, allowing for incentive for other eggs destruction, as a counter for an incentive for their own egg's protection.
Furthemore or an alternative, have items pop into inventory as reward for destroying other peoples eggs, giving incentive as well, and give inventory rewards possibly for having your egg NOT destroyed for a certain length of time as a reward for protecting it for so long.
All of these alternative are just ideas to giving emphasis to the egg, and I'm sure there are many more, but one way or another, the egg NEEDS more emphasis for this game to live up to its namesake.
Yours Truly,
AnimalFarmer1984
I feel like these suggestions just kinda emphasize camping with the rewards of eggs being protected for "x" time. Also, once all the eggs are gone... where are you going to buy things? Are you just stuck with the stuff you have before your egg is destroyed? I feel like that totally renders your strategy useless, assuming you just kill off the player before you use their shop.

Just some things to think about, yk. Personally I like the game as it is now.

Reactions: Snodia

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
I mean... you kinda did...

I'm assuming you're talking about solo Eggwars, because I don't think you've mentioned having teammates or anything, etc. Having a team in Eggwars changes the game so drastically, considering that each player has a function. My friends and I coordinate very well, because we're so versatile in our gameplay. We can virtually do all the things you said you do, with others blocking off the egg. The egg is always great to have, considering I have a bad history of walking off cliffs. Also, kit farming becomes virtually gone w/o an egg.
You misquoted what I said and pulled it out of a context; that is a very dishonest move to make to prove your dishonest point. That was my sarcasm at the uselesness of the egg. My suggestions, if you actually read them, all point to keeping the egg and improving it, with emphasis on the egg. I still always win without my egg in team. Egg isn't really a factor in solo or team.
I think the problem with everyone is that they keep looking at this game through their unskilled eyes, making judgements, and thinking they are accurate. From a game theory point of view, imagine every single team is a computer, and there are "4" computer players on each, say, 8 teams. Imagine every computer team is all full geared out, and then on one of those teams, a player dies and loses his stuff, but respawns. What do you think the other teams will do? They will IMMEDIATELY attack that team, because thats a huge weakness, essentially a 4 v 3, and, the respawn is useless, because one of those computers has nothing. Thus, the 4 player computer team will rush to the "3 person team" (because one of their players has nothing), and eliminate their egg, along with the players. This is the problem I'm identifying because the egg means nothing in that situation nothing. And every time, that egg means nothing in relation to a player dying. A player dying is worse than the player losing his egg, as I have proved because its a weakness. On the other hand, there is a 4 v 4 computer situation, but the first has an egg and the latter doesn't, but they were both full geared out. Now, imagine they start fighting, but the team with their egg all die, whereas the team without an egg still lives fully geared out. Who will win? Obviously the team that doesn't have an egg but is fully geared out. They will obviously attack the team with the egg, easily overtake them with their lack of gear, and then take out their egg and win.
In both of these situations, the egg is only a small hinderance on the path to winning, in both of these situations, dying is worse than losing the egg. Thats why my idea is to prevent this, to raise the importance of the egg, because the egg is meaningless to these computer teams. Whats more important is the gear in both of these situations. My examples only showed endgame situations, but even for beginneng games, all though the results aren't immediate, its a big setback to die in the beginneng.
I feel like these suggestions just kinda emphasize camping with the rewards of eggs being protected for "x" time.
camping isnt an issue an eggwars, maybe in skywars, but not in eggwars, a shield easily undoes any campers.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
You misquoted what I said and pulled it out of a context; that is a very dishonest move to make to prove your dishonest point. That was my sarcasm at the uselesness of the egg. My suggestions, if you actually read them, all point to keeping the egg and improving it, with emphasis on the egg. I still always win without my egg in team. Egg isn't really a factor in solo or team.
mmk. SO. Don't start getting an attitude w/ me, considering that all I did, like the people above was share my opinion. I copy and pasted exactly what you said into that quote; there is no way I could have misquoted you, or pulled it out of context, everything else relevant from your little paragraph is there. If it was sarcastic, you did a pretty bad job at making it seem that way. But if it was, my bad. Oops. Also, team makes it EXTREMELY different. With 5 other players with Punch bows, there's no way you're getting across that bridge w/o an Epearl or shields and wasted time where the dead guy could easily regear. Do you see how much armor campers have in their inventory? A chest with like 10 sets of backup armor is pretty typical.

I think the problem with everyone is that they keep looking at this game through their unskilled eyes, making judgements, and thinking they are accurate.
Well I'm sorry you think I'm an idiot who doesn't know what I'm talking about. Feel free to ignore everyone in this thread other than your little circle of experts (^^^ CLEARLY sarcastic.)

camping isnt an issue an eggwars, maybe in skywars, but not in eggwars, a shield easily undoes any campers.
You're joking right

My suggestions, if you actually read them, all point to keeping the egg and improving it, with emphasis on the egg. I still always win without my egg in team. Egg isn't really a factor in solo or team.
You literally disregarded everything else I said in that post, especially where I addressed every single one of your suggestions.
Obsidian means nothing. Seriously. Only 10 dias to get best pickaxe, and u get through obby easypeasy. Trust me. I have been in that situation dozens of times and won.
Also god picks cost 40 diamonds. Didn't pull that one out of context, did I? mhmm

Last edited:
Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I think the problem with everyone is that they keep looking at this game through their unskilled eyes, making judgements, and thinking they are accurate. From a game theory point of view, imagine every single team is a computer, and there are "4" computer players on each, say, 8 teams. Imagine every computer team is all full geared out, and then on one of those teams, a player dies and loses his stuff, but respawns. What do you think the other teams will do? They will IMMEDIATELY attack that team, because thats a huge weakness, essentially a 4 v 3, and, the respawn is useless, because one of those computers has nothing. Thus, the 4 player computer team will rush to the "3 person team" (because one of their players has nothing), and eliminate their egg, along with the players. This is the problem I'm identifying because the egg means nothing in that situation nothing. And every time, that egg means nothing in relation to a player dying. A player dying is worse than the player losing his egg, as I have proved because its a weakness. On the other hand, there is a 4 v 4 computer situation, but the first has an egg and the latter doesn't, but they were both full geared out. Now, imagine they start fighting, but the team with their egg all die, whereas the team without an egg still lives fully geared out. Who will win? Obviously the team that doesn't have an egg but is fully geared out. They will obviously attack the team with the egg, easily overtake them with their lack of gear, and then take out their egg and win.
In both of these situations, the egg is only a small hinderance on the path to winning, in both of these situations, dying is worse than losing the egg. Thats why my idea is to prevent this, to raise the importance of the egg, because the egg is meaningless to these computer teams. Whats more important is the gear in both of these situations. My examples only showed endgame situations, but even for beginneng games, all though the results aren't immediate, its a big setback to die in the beginneng.

Your scenario acts as if the player with better gear always wins and that having better gear gurantees a win. It most definitely does not work like that. I can speed build, so I always quickly eliminate the eggs because I don't want that ability to be wasted by bows later in the game. I can't kill everyone, but I try to give my team the numerical advantage so it's easier to take out teams with better gear. If I am forced to go into a defensive position, I don't do what you perceive everyone to do. That is far from what I do. I enclose my bridge so the others couldn't jump. Then, o built a little output from the bridge and take a pickaxe in there so I can spleef them when they come by. A shield in this case puts them at a disadvantage.

Reactions: TheQueenWaddle

AnimalFarmer1984

Aug 5, 2016
mmk. SO. Don't start getting an attitude w/ me, considering that all I did, like the people above was share my opinion. I copy and pasted exactly what you said into that quote; there is no way I could have misquoted you, or pulled it out of context, everything else relevant from your little paragraph is there. If it was sarcastic, you did a pretty bad job at making it seem that way. But if it was, my bad
you obviously didn't read my entire statement, because at the end I listed some ideas to increasing the importance of the egg, obviously showing that wasn't my intention at all, to remove the egg. So obviously that sarcasm was really clear. In addition, I took maybe 200 words bashing the lack of importance of the egg in the current game before I said they might as well remove the egg; when u attack something, and then make a suggestion about it, every person knows thats sarcasm. So ur obviously either lying again, or trying to undermine my idea also
Also god picks cost 40 diamonds
thats in OP only, OP is rare to play in, so u bringing that up is not really important to the discussion.......
You literally disregarded everything else I said in that post
Tell me what I disregarded, you cant just say I disregarded everything without even giving an example, another dishonest move
Well I'm sorry you think I'm an idiot who doesn't know what I'm talking about. Feel free to ignore everyone in this thread other than your little circle of experts (^^^ CLEARLY sarcastic.)
When I said everyone, I didn't mean literally, but a lot of you aren't experienced, and are honestly relying on egg unecessarily.
You're joking right
Im very serious. Get a shield, which should be easy since the person is camping, and build a bridge while holding shield, so easy!! Camping is really not an issue in this game because the camper actually puts themselves at a disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom