Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
Common bugs- Not something i disagree but want to point out: The blocks not placing glitch and rollbacks have NEVER happened to me for some reason, but i hear from some regular players have it all the time. It's NOT sentinel related, as the stairs bug in Western also affected me, while all the others don't. Not sure if it's client/version dependant, but it's still kinda weird.
Ok so as for the bugs listed in the first section of the common bugs category (meaning the ones that relate to rubber banding/lag back): they're caused because of sentinel, that is why you never experience them. We tested all of these bugs (aside from the spawning one as it is really random and hard to replicate) with a moderator (before you ask, he didn't tell us anything about what we saw and where he checked, he only told us that it was indeed sentinel), we could easily replicate each of these bugs pretty much 100% of the time whereas if he tried, they would never trigger. You said you've experienced the lag backs in Western which is honestly a bit weird as we were told (from what I remember it was by either Camezonda or by a dev or both) that it is in fact sentinel related meaning you shouldn't be experiencing it.

10 diamonds for something that makes you pretty much invincible for 5 whole minutes as long as you have any kind of spare armor and 5-10 regular golden apples is just completely unbalanced.
This was probably just a typo but the absorption effect lasted for 2 minutes, not 5.

Another option would be making them like before but costing 25-32 diamonds.
I can see where this is coming from but still see it as too much. Just for reference, 32 diamonds is the equivalent of a full set of iron armor and a diamond sword, this same price for 1 notch just seems unreasonable imo. We discussed this and think that if this is the only way to get them reverted, they shouldn't cost more than 15 diamonds. As for decreasing their current price, we thought of that and ultimately decided that they would just go back to being "overpowered" in the eyes of too many players and that this change wouldn't do well in the long run as it'd likely just get reverted.

A big defence I saw was "I used to be able to wipe a team of 4 with no problems and now i can't", and saying that without realizing you could do that for 10 diamonds and be mad that it got changed made me a little confused.
The problem here is that people made it seem like anyone could just magically wipe any team of 4 with a single notch... This just wasn't the case. The notch apple used to be this 1 use gamble: you either use it and make the most of it by doing a specific thing (this could be getting the egg of an opposing team of tryhards or fighting a tough 1v1 etc) or you use it and fail what you were trying to do, wasting diamonds not to mention valuable time which could've been spent farming more. I think that at a certain point where everyone has gear, the pre-fix notch really wasn't as op as it was made out to be, it mainly just used to extend fights whereas the real use of it (for experienced players) was using it to their advantage in the early game, picking it over 2 pieces of iron armor or instead of waiting for 2 more diamonds and getting a sword.

Scoreboard revamp- Not really something i care about, could be either way to me tbh so i don't mind changing it
This suggestion was mainly to just clear up any sort of confusion and just make for a cleaner scoreboard. We saw a few players complain about this issue (mainly from bedrock) and thought this would be a good alternative that could tailor to the newer players and could be benefited from on both java and bedrock.

We appreciate the in-depth feedback about this as well as the escalation and hope to see some change come out of this :)

ItsSennee

Jul 1, 2020
Fantastic thread!
I completely agree with the statement of the golden enchanted apple.
Notch apples are very op in a 2v1 but with the recent change not many players use them anymore because they are almost useless at this point. In my opinion, they don't need to change it back to normal anymore, but they could maybe lower the time of the absorption hearths. This way it won't be as op anymore but it would still be an OP item!

Reactions: Dualninja and Fesa

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey @Fesa & @Elaad , thank you for your extremely detailed EggWars thread.

We've been trying to break this down as none of us are active EggWars players and trying to understand the community response can be difficult especially for a thread detailing so many specific topics.

Some aspects of it are definitely going to get addressed, others will need lots of discussion, for this reason we can tell you that there is an EggWars update on the horizon and we'd like to take a similar approach to how we tackled Tower Defence; where we have a Discord for the community members of that game and use their direct feedback alongside the development of the update.

This threads content will be used as direct talking points for discussion in that Discord as well as some other things we want to address such as emeralds.

As for the design aspects, they can be very minor but as an active SkyWars player I can understand that in thousands of hours of gameplay small details matter and add up, so we'll look into amending those and seeing what works best by discussing further with the community.

The common bugs are difficult, as many of them appear to be protocol related and can be extremely hard to fix if they happen randomly without logs & reproduction details, and a couple of them are also so incredibly minor to the gameplay at hand such as the gen despawning a diamond. If a bug is minor and the time to fix is high then other bugs across the network must be prioritized. But we'd still like to get these fixed of course.

I'm going to avoid discussing the hot topics about bows & golden apples here, as that's best reserved for the future discussion we'll be doing with the community when the update comes closer.

Thanks for your suggestion; I've marked it as planned. :]

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
Definitely have noticed this as well. Tea parts is one of the maps where your team is more crucial than others... As I said in my other comment, I think bugs should take priority, but moving some of the gens around at tea party mid (or making it so all teams have a more even chance of getting to the gens first) would be one of my top priority team balancing changes.
There's also an area undermid where you can't place blocks and you are trapped there until someone shoots you or jumps there trying to kill you, ending up trapped as well.

Edit:
Western being western part 38:

Reactions: Dualninja

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
there is an EggWars update on the horizon and we'd like to take a similar approach to how we tackled Tower Defence; where we have a Discord for the community members of that game and use their direct feedback alongside the development of the update.
This is great to hear! When Fesa let me know you contacted him about our thread it was this sort of refreshing way of showing that the new suggestions revamp is starting to show its promised traits (that being that good, thought-out suggestions will always get the attention they deserve). I have some concerns about the way you decided to go about doing this (the Discord server), as I think that there's a big difference between the Eggwars and TD communities but ultimately think it's for the best and that this sort of "format" might be the way to go in the long run.

This threads content will be used as direct talking points for discussion in that Discord as well as some other things we want to address such as emeralds.
All I'll say about this is that we may or may not also be planning a detailed thread about emeralds as well 👀.

The common bugs are difficult, as many of them appear to be protocol related and can be extremely hard to fix
I'll comment on this part a bit:
if they happen randomly without logs & reproduction details
Almost every bug related to lag backs can be very easily reproduced and will also be logged, if you need a bit more info on any of the bugs we listed, you can contact either of us and we'll try to help as best as we can.
a couple of them are also so incredibly minor to the gameplay at hand such as the gen despawning a diamond
We agree this bug isn't game-breaking. That being said we can't really know which bugs are difficult to fix and which take no less than a few minutes. We decided to list a few bugs we run into often, this one fits that requirement of being a "common bug".
If a bug is minor and the time to fix is high then other bugs across the network must be prioritized
More than reasonable; if a minor bug could jeopardize hours/days of development time, I think it's safe to say we can live with it being on the back burner in the meantime.

Thanks for reading it all and following up on what we're asking for, we know it isn't your typical 30-word thread ;)

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Love the detail in this thread. I'm also glad to see that staff are taking this seriously.

I didn't see you mention teaparty in the unbalanced map part, but I might've missed it. I think that the number of diamond gens should stay the same, but should be distributed more evenly across the map, so that there is 2 on "cyan side" and 2 on "pink side" each "side" should have one level 3 gen and one level 2 gen.

Also, a slight complaint I had with this thread. Why did you have to blur so much of the text. It's so annoying.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Fesa, thanks once again for your very detailed thread.

Due to this thread we created an EggWars focus group Discord that worked directly with the community in order to supply quality of life features and constantly poll new ideas & changes with you guys, this group contributed a massive portion of the recent update's changes.

We hope this group allowed you to discuss everything in great detail and helped steer the game in a way that community liked, we are still open to further changes so feel free to write more threads in the future.

Marked as implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom