Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Introduction
Hi! Thx for reading! This is gonna be another L O N G thread. I'll be suggesting all of the changes I think Eggwars could benefit from in its current state. Some of these have been suggested by me or others before. But as @Eli suggested, it might be more convenient to stuff them all into one thread. I've elaborated on those types of suggestions more though, to ensure it's still an interesting read. This thread is filled with subjective opinions, so if you don't agree. Please be sure to tell me :D. A couple of my suggestions will be based off of facts. If you see any percentages, they've been taken from and backed up by my Research Thread I posted earlier this week. I've split up my suggestions into 4 categories:
- Gamerules
- Voting
- Quality of Life
- Maps
The gamerules portion is quite long, I've therefore written a conclusion which is more compact. If you want the full reasoning behind that conclusion though, you'll need to read the long bit too xd. Again, thanks for reading. Here we go:

Gamerules
I want to start off with some suggestions that I think will be the most controversial and, if implemented, the most impactful. If you do not agree with the suggestions I make here, please try to read the other ones just as carefully as I’m sure your opinions will align more with those. I chose to put these ones first because, imo, they’re the ones that could improve Eggwars the most.

Normal Item Types are NOT the standard Item Types in Eggwars anymore. That title goes to Overpowered Items. 90% of all votes go to Overpowered and almost 80% of ALL games are played with Overpowered Items selected, and these include the games where no one votes at all. The community clearly prefers Overpowered Items above Normal and Hardcore Items. “Sure” you may say. But this is actually quite an issue, having one very dominant gamerule increases repetitiveness across Eggwars. Games will start feeling the same more quickly, hence creating boredom and players switching to another game within cube, or not. From a Management perspective, and a community perspective as a whole. This is bad, both parties benefit from players who keep playing. I’m sure you can figure out why yourself but let me give you some examples: More revenue, Maps filling up quicker, More available maps, Server gains more popularity etc. you get the point.

Having one obvious dominant gamerule doesn’t sound so good now does it?

Here’s how to fix it:

First, we need to make the other Item Types (Hardcore and Normal) more attractive. How? Give them some characteristics from Overpowered. The ONE reason Overpowered is as preferred as it currently is = “It plays faster”. I don’t need to perform another 10 hour research to prove this, I’ve already asked around in the community and this is, by far, the most important reason. Overpowered games are faster because items are cheaper (the fights actually take longer, which is why Half is so dominant as well but I’ll come to that in a sec). To make Hardcore and Normal more attractive, just lower the cost. Honestly, just delete carrots no one uses them anyways. Make Steak cost 1 iron in Normal and 5 in Hardcore. Lower the block cost just a little bit in both and lower the Gear-costs in Hardcore. Having the price set to 80 iron ingots for one full set of gear is just ridiculous. It currently just takes 5 minutes longer before a Hardcore game finally starts. If you so desperately want a price-difference inbetween Normal and Hardcore, up the cost per piece of gear by one iron in Normal. Boom, done. Normal is now pretty much just as attractive as Overpowered.

Now we need to distance Overpowered a bit from Normal. Currently, the two gamemodes are already pretty much the same, but with the changes I suggested above only, OP would simply be Normal Items with longer fights. Therefore, let’s make OP ACTUALLY OP! Remove Notch apples from Normal. They’re Overpowered and should thus only exist in Overpowered. And, (controversial suggestion that’s been done countless times already incoming) add potions. Yes yes I saw the poll on the thread I made purely for this suggestion, but hear me out. Players who don’t like Potions and who just want fast games, can simply play Normal Items from now on. Why? Because it plays JUST as fast as Overpowered with the changes I suggested in the previous paragraph. Overpowered Items aren’t Overpowered at all in its current state. There need to be more ACTUAL Overpowered Items. Hence, Potions. Add Strenght I, II, Speed I and II, Jump boost, Heck even haste for those fast egg breakers. Add Lingering potions of harming (that only affect opponents if possible) for people to throw around opponents' eggs to keep them away from you while you mine them(sounds OP right? PERFECT!) Add Crossbows, Tridents idk. Just make Overpowered ACTUALLY Overpowered. Just like in OP Skywars, where you can find Enderpearls, Fire Aspect II swords, A ton of golden apples etc.

Next: Just remove Double and Triple health for now. They’re unwanted and only fill up spaces for other possible Health or even other factor related Voting Options. When those 2 Health Gamerules get deleted, they open up spaces to toy around with. I sparred a bit with @Reddog37 , within 5 minutes we had plenty of dumb party-like gamerules to affect players’ health. “2 hearts, but you have constant regen” , “one shared health bar” (this one’s really dumb I know just tryna prove a point.)

I suggest toying around a bit more with other Health Changes, or maybe even other Gamerules (Iron Generators Only, Axes only etc.) They can be niche, yes, just like Double or Triple. But when that turns out to be the case, just rotate a new voting option in. Name them “Limited Time Modes” and I’ll assure you everyone will be delighted to play around with them.
In conclusion:

Make Hardcore and Normal items more attractive by lowering costs. Normal Item Types should be the ACTUAL standard Item Types, remember, that’s the gamerule Stone Ranks (by far the biggest group of the server) will play with when no one else is in their game to vote differently. You want Normal Normal to be the standard, and generally most appreciated gamerule-set.

Distance OP from Normal by adding actual Overpowered Items (Sharp V and Diamond Gear are currently the only extra items, and they cost 3 stacks of diamonds in total, like come on.)

Remove Double and Triple health, they’re played less than 2 percent combined, yet make up for 50% of all voting options. Cycle in new and refreshing Gamerules every now and then and see what the community thinks about them. Postive? Keep them for a little longer, Negative? Just rotate the next one in after a couple of weeks.

Voting
Almost 30% of all games played are played with gamerules that were not predictable beforehand. In Solo, this means players didn’t have the chance to adapt their kit to the selected gamerules and could therefore be playing with a kit they don’t prefer (within the selected gamerules that is). In team, it just means players have less time to adapt. This is honestly just dumb. Simple fix: Add a voting lock somewhere inbetween 10 or 5 seconds before the game starts. Allow people to adjust and prepare. 30% is way too much.

Quality of Life
These are gonna be some quick-fire easy to implement suggestions. Most people probably agree upon these, or already have in the past (not all of them are original, I’m honestly flabbergasted by the fact that some of them haven’t been implemented yet).

- Add a final score (Kills, Eliminations, Eggs broken) when your game ends (either you die or you win) just like in skywars. Almost everyone likes some statistics (@Bruni (omg u changed ur name I was looking for like 5 minutes) and it makes world records easier to confirm (@Riley :p). Jokes aside, there’s no reason not to add this, just a nice little addition.

- Fix the leaderboards. As been admitted to by the Management, the current leaderboards are filled with hackers and winfarmers. I’m not saying there’s much wrong with that. All I’m saying is that it could be improved, and therefore should be. Easier said than done I know, here’s how I would do it: Add a monthly leaderboard (technically, all gamemodes could benefit from this). Make players WANT to commit time and effort for a spot on the leaderboard without that task feeling like an impossible one. Keep the overall leaderboards don’t get me wrong. But at least the leaderboards will now open up spots for monthly varying champions. Compared to the top 10 that’s been the same for ages. This will not end winfarming, I know, I’ll come to that in a second (under the “maps” portion). The montly leaderboards are just a suggestion to give players some incentive again to actually try and become leaderboard champion without “cheating” (sorry 10v10 tryhards xd)

- Fix. The. Kits. This has been suggested countless times. Cube. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and fix Egg Armor in Overpowered and Hardcore, Featherfeet in Overpowered (no Prot V) and Buffer/Debuffer in hardcore since they become WAYY too overpowered. Combine the kit issue with the ‘Split decision on gamerules’ portion and you get games where people had no way of knowing which kit is overpowered or underpowered. Resulting in annoyance and disappointment.

- This last one is a bit of a weird one, I think I’ve seen it suggested before. Iron is soooo useless late-game. I’d like to be able to transform Iron into other ingots (probably gold only) late-game. So maybe open this option up in the shop after 10 minutes, and maybe add this to overpowered only. Just give more use to iron ingots after people’ve bought their 10 stacks of blocks and 3 stacks of food.

Maps
I wouldn’t necessarily say we “need more maps”. I think the current amount is perfectly fine. I do however, have some issues with the maps that we already have. (Guess which ones xd). Some of them should, imo, be deleted all together and some of them just need minor changes because they’re imbalanced. Let’s start with those first

I have no issues with the island lay-out being kinda imbalanced. That’s an unsolvable problem, and would take way too much time. However, I do mind when “mid” or the centre island is imbalanced. I found this to be a problem on 2 maps. But please comment if you know any more.

- The first is a nitpicky one, but one nevertheless. On MLG in Solo, there’s rainbows that range from the center towards the sets of 3 islands. The rainbows curl (can provide screenshots if you want, can’t at the time of posting tho), allowing one player from the 3 islands to jump to mid without having to build. Whereas the other ones in his “region” DO need to build. Might seem very nitpicky, but actually very imbalanced. As many of you may know, the first few minutes of the game are usually very fast and important. Having to build 10 blocks less than your opponent therefore makes quite the impact. Just remove the curl, problem solved.

- TeaParty has a lvl 3 diamond generator, a lvl 2 diamond generator and 2 lvl 4 gold generators on the “pink” side of mid, which are all easily accessible. Whereas the “cyan” side has 2 diamond generators, lvl 1 and 2. And one of which is way harder to reach + 2 gold generators. This benefits the “pink” side and explains why ‘Tryhard’ teams prefer that side of mid. Easy fix, just balance out the generators on both sides.

- On the topic of TeaParty, it’s one of my favorite maps actually. I think we all have our own opinions on the clouds below mid. You love ‘em or you hate ‘em. I think they’re a good addition, although I’d like more incentive to go down there besides camping. I think an Emerald Generator In the centre (add bridges from all directions across the big gap in the middle) would benefit the map a lot! It adds strategy (do you sit above or below?) adds more and better items to speed up the map (because boy can she last long) and gives more personality to the clouds, which are currently just a place to get suck on or to run away to when you’re being chased.

- Add ladders to the propellers in Steampunk (SOLO). I got stuck down there again yesterday. I’m fine with them being there, they add a lot of character and a way for people to escape from opponents. However, there should be a way to get back up to the main islands. In TeaParty, your teammates are your way back up. You don’t have those in SOLO so there should be a ladder. If you get stuck down there without blocks or an egg, the only thing you can do to increase your chances of winning is by camping (not breaking the rules, because it’s unwillingly). This stalls the game and bores everyone, including you. Adding a ladder back up solves that issue.

Then, I don’t like 1v1 team maps (10v10 , 9v9, 8v8). They finish way to fast. Making them attractive to winfarmers. They’re actually not fun to play in at all. You either get hardcarried within the first 2 miinutes, or get steamrolled within the first 2 minutes. I’ve spoken to multiple Leaderboard players and they somewhat agree upon liking “normal” maps more than 1v1’s. Yet they play them way more because they’re easier and faster to win on. However, because they end so fast, they appear in the map-selection way more. Thus leaving less “fun” maps available for those who do not care about winning fast, and just want to play casual. The solution? Just delete them imo, we don’t need them, they’ll fix the “montly leaderboards” and will only be missed by those wasting time by “cheating” themselves into the leaderboards anyways.

That’s it for now! Thank you so much for reading all of it, or just portions. I’m not adding a poll because your opinions may vary inbetween each topic. I hope you agree with me on the suggestions made, and if not, are able to argue why. Please comment your opinions to keep this thread from dying within an hour.

Thx for reading –

~

*edit : thread seems to be dying down, I'd really like to see some more reactions (mainly on the Gamerules part) so I'm gonna tag some people I'd like to see a reaction from). @Lezappen @Aries104 @Zed @Riley @Loriayle @komododragon 2002 @Kozimobo @Siftenly @SnowyWarz @ItsDavey_
@ShEeEeEeEeEeP
@RickDeKlomp@_The13thDoctor_ @Marieke2001 @Younisco @Elenahh @Story

Last edited:

Gildergreen

Jun 5, 2015
Big read but well worth it! Lots of good suggestions, agree with the "win farm" maps being removed.

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
A big and controversial one - eggwars was beaten by similar games because if someone kills you, you have no chance. That's why they should add spawning with a wooden sword to everyone, not as a kit.

Jul 22, 2019
www.youtube.com
Thread has lots of work put into it, very impressive.

- I agree with the statistics at the end of the game, I am a statistics junkie and stats are all that matter to me.

- How are winfarmers bad, and why did you kind of chuck them in with hackers? I mean if someone wins they win, and they will do their best to keep winning, if anything they're just try-harding (like I myself do) but I don't see that as a reason to remove them from the leader board, care to elaborate if I'm misinterpreting this?

Reactions: RPoule

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I agree with the statistics at the end of the game, I am a statistics junkie and stats are all that matter to me.
same

How are winfarmers bad, and why did you kind of chuck them in with hackers? I mean if someone wins they win, and they will do their best to keep winning, if anything they're just try-harding (like I myself do) but I don't see that as a reason to remove them from the leader board, care to elaborate if I'm misinterpreting this?
I figured I might've skipped over that part too quick. I put winfarmers and hacking in the same boat because, imo, they both "cheat" their way up the leaderboards. Hackers do so more obviously, but what's called 'winfarming' in the Eggwars/Minecraft community essentially comes down to what other gaming-communities refer to as 'Boosting'. And just like Hacking, I believe boosting or winfarming is an offence. It's become somewhat "normal" however, so punishing it doesn't seem like the best option to me. Just deleting it's biggest tools seemed like a more plausible solution.
There is a bit of a dilemma, on the one hand, you want big parties to be able to be on the same team, however, this gets abused soo easily (with that I mean Winfarming/Boosting) I just think the maps should just be deleted all together.
I've played in parties of 10, and we had just as much fun battling each other in 2player or 5player maps as we did in the 10v10 player ones.
Because of the winfarming, the 1v1 type maps get cycled through more rapidly than the others do, resulting in (on average) more 1v1 maps available (I guess that that's how the algorithm works). Yet, the 1v1 type maps are considered one of the least fun maps to play on (no official data to back this up, just experience from talking to both leaderboard as non-leaderboard players). So to me, it seems dumb to have them be available more often than all the others.

I guess that a different solution would be to have a maximum of 1 1v1 type of map being played at all times. With this, the maps don't need to be deleted, but winfarming gets nerfed massively (at least whenever there's more than 1 big party).

Last edited:
Reactions: YungLunchMoney

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
Almost 30% of all games played are played with gamerules that were not predictable beforehand. In Solo, this means players didn’t have the chance to adapt their kit to the selected gamerules and could therefore be playing with a kit they don’t prefer (within the selected gamerules that is). In team, it just means players have less time to adapt. This is honestly just dumb. Simple fix: Add a voting lock somewhere inbetween 10 or 5 seconds before the game starts. Allow people to adjust and prepare. 30% is way too much.
~
Eggwars already has a voting lock, when the timer for the game to begin is at 0 seconds all the players will be transported to their cage and the timer will be set to 15 seconds, and voting will be blocked. Is this what you mean? I'm not exactly sure, please confirm.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Eggwars already has a voting lock, when the timer for the game to begin is at 0 seconds all the players will be transported to their cage and the timer will be set to 15 seconds, and voting will be blocked. Is this what you mean? I'm not exactly sure, please confirm.
No you're right :) this is how it works in team eggwars which is why she doesnt really need a voting lock. Except for the fact that players might leave whenever they dont like the selected gamerules, and since the game already started when you get teleported, no new players are allowed to join.

In solo eggwars however, there is no waiting lobby, you wait and vote while in your cage. When the timer ends, you get dropped from your cage and the game starts. Yet that's also when the gamerule set gets revealed. Giving you 0 time to adapt.
This isnt that much of a problem if you're able to confirm the gamerules by checking which ones have the most votes. 30% of the time however, this is useless.

Reactions: Drakie❤

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
wow this thread died down quickly, please, if you agree or disagree with anything said. Say so here. I feel like this thread deserves some more attention. Thanx

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
I have another suggestion - make steak much, much cheaper in normal items. (Especially in 1.9 eggwars).
I think what happened was when the game first came out in 1.8, 5 iron per steak was fine because you don't really eat a lot in 1.8. But in 1.9 you have to eat every time you take damage and run a little.
This means that you need 6-7 steak when you rush mid at the start of the game and that costs 30-35 iron. Bro this takes way too long to get, especially when you have rat teammates that just sit on the gen, you have to wait soooo long before you can do anything just because of the food price.
Simple solution = make steak cost 2 iron in normal items 1.9. I believe this simple change will make people want to play normal items more.

Also while we are on the topic of rat teammates, some maps need more iron such as Beach. 5 players per team yet there's only two lvl 1 iron gens (and a BROKEN iron gen!) at base, with NO iron gens at mid. Rat teammates who just sit on the iron gens effectively finish the game for you before it has even started. Now compare this to the map Food (god tier map, along with Teaparty) where there are teams of 4, but there's THREE iron gens (none broken) at base, and two lvl 4 iron gens at mid.
Other maps that need more iron: instruments, city, aztec (all the iron gens should be working since its teams of 6, or have a gen or two at mid), and potentially mushrooms (although the 2 iron gens are lvl 2, i think, so this can be fine for now)

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I have another suggestion - make steak much, much cheaper in normal items. (Especially in 1.9 eggwars).
I think what happened was when the game first came out in 1.8, 5 iron per steak was fine because you don't really eat a lot in 1.8. But in 1.9 you have to eat every time you take damage and run a little.
This means that you need 6-7 steak when you rush mid at the start of the game and that costs 30-35 iron. Bro this takes way too long to get, especially when you have rat teammates that just sit on the gen, you have to wait soooo long before you can do anything just because of the food price.
Simple solution = make steak cost 2 iron in normal items 1.9. I believe this simple change will make people want to play normal items more.
Lol this was the big solution I gave, can't agree more. Normal Items are currently found to be really annoying because of the longer waiting times, yet players want fights to be quick and therefore prefer half health when overpowered items are played. The most commonly preferred gamerules at the moment are not Normal and Normal. Which is stupid because those are the gamemodes your non-donator playerbase (by far the biggest one) will play when no ranks turn up. The default selection should always be the most generally appreciated one.

Also while we are on the topic of rat teammates, some maps need more iron such as Beach. 5 players per team yet there's only two lvl 1 iron gens (and a BROKEN iron gen!) at base, with NO iron gens at mid. Rat teammates who just sit on the iron gens effectively finish the game for you before it has even started. Now compare this to the map Food (god tier map, along with Teaparty) where there are teams of 4, but there's THREE iron gens (none broken) at base, and two lvl 4 iron gens at mid.
Other maps that need more iron: instruments, city, aztec (all the iron gens should be working since its teams of 6, or have a gen or two at mid), and potentially mushrooms (although the 2 iron gens are lvl 2, i think, so this can be fine for now)
Although I think that having varying amounts of iron generators, even within the same teamsized maps. I do believe that beach is currently one of the less appreciated maps, which may or may not be because of the low iron gens idk. Might be a solution for that specific map.

Reactions: Mr Cryptic

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
oki one of the last bumps, I'm hoping for someone from management to step forwards and explain if there's a reason some of the "objective improvements" aren't in the game. I'm talking about most of the QoL and Maps suggestions. I'd also love to see some more reactions upon the other suggestions. Thanks (idk what staffmembers specialise in Eggwars, but if there are, I'd like to talk with u about this thread :) )

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
Although I think that having varying amounts of iron generators, even within the same teamsized maps. I do believe that beach is currently one of the less appreciated maps, which may or may not be because of the low iron gens idk. Might be a solution for that specific map.
Play team eggwars maps on your own (no party and random teams) against parties of players and you will see how annoying lack of iron is on some of the maps like Beach etc

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Play team eggwars maps on your own (no party and random teams) against parties of players and you will see how annoying lack of iron is on some of the maps like Beach etc
It wouldn't convert it automatically of course, to prevent a complete dry-out of iron supplies. But the converter could be added to the villager shop. (Essentially, you'd be buying gold with iron).

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom