Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

Demotiverend

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2017
Belgium
Hey guys! I got Luke's go-ahead to make this thread! The information you provide will help the build team with future maps or even little improvements to our current maps from your feedback. Make sure to detail your response and be very specific!

What we are looking for:
  • Favorite Maps (Explain why: Details, Concept, etc.)
  • Least Favorite Maps (Explain why)
  • Map Suggestions (Including redesign, variations, skins, etc.)
  • Maps to possibly bring back

My response/example:

Favourites:
Snowy:
Quick and exciting gameplay, great generator levels, pretty map!
Powerlines: Slower gameplay (My favorite), Big space, Unique and detailed map.

Least favorites:
Tropical:
Half-Middle is a pain to build and PvP on, the player island is small and annoying especially with stairs, diamonds are not as plentiful as I would hope for.
Space: Very easy to camp with long-distance, small areas to PVP, easy to hide and abuse areas, the overall gameplay is not fun except middle is nice, (potential use for another map concept?)
Technology: Small islands (except middle), Easy to the camp middle, PvP difficult do to big or small size, annoying hole in the main island.
Pizza: Due to the removal of the Level 3 Diamond Gen at the middle, I feel like the diamond gens at half middle need to be upgraded. I have noticed it is much difficult to get diamonds now.

Map suggestions/redesign/skins
Star Wars Map: Ajan Kloss, Crait, etc?
Snowy: Another version called Spring? Where the snow has melted and plants and wildlife begin returning.
Weather Conditions: Perhaps a map where there is an intense snowfall or thunderstorm?

Maps that need to return:
Area 51: Make the bottom of the middle at the same level as the player islands, keep the ship but make it hard to camp on the beams.

Need a reference? Use this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-guide-on-cubecraft-java-bedrock.222904/
Totaly agree with this feedback! For solo eggwars, it's quite annoying that the iron gen starts working when you fall down from your cage. In team eggwars you don't have this kind of struggles. Anyways, i love the maps. especialy Toys, Pizza and City The best maps to rush. :)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Favourite maps (Solo):
- Stronghold: A classic. This is one of the oldest maps I remember and it's rarely online, yet I really like the map. It does have the "typical circle", but as we're getting more and more maps with other layouts, I really like playing this map that still has the "typical circle". The islands look good and the distance between islands is not too big. Rushing is perfectly possible, but I've also had long rounds on Stronghold. Overall a great map!
- Snowy: Great map. Looks good, nice layout, gameplay is good. The snow sometimes makes it annoying to place blocks and the generators on half mid island always prevent me from getting back to my island the way I want it, because I can't place blocks near them (if on the "side" of half mid). Generator levels are perfect.
- Tropical: A pretty good map. It looks good and I like the generator settings except diamonds are pretty hard to get. Half mid makes it annoying to place blocks and get back to your island, however for the rest the map doesn't need any changes.
- Farm: Great map that has been there for ages. Looks great, island distance is relatively big, but it rarely gives any issues as for example the height of the islands makes it not too hard to build to other islands. Generators are perfect. Nothing to be changed.
- Candy: Very nice map. Generators are perfect, forcing you to rush mid if you want some gear which also allows for quick rounds, although longer ones are also perfectly possible. I love the gameplay on this map!
- Mine: Also one of my favourites. Great layout, looks great, perfect gameplay. A good combination of both rushing and longer games.

Favourite maps (Team):
- City: My favourite map. A classic. One of the oldest Team maps I remember and the gameplay is great. The streets provide a really unique experience where you can easily rush people but also easily defend your island. The map looks pretty good and generators are also good. Nothing to be changed.
- Forest: Great map. Both rushing and camping happen frequently on this map. You can easily sneak or camp in the trees which is great. Looks good, generators are good. Just perfect.
- Pizza: Nice map. Looks pretty good. It's either rush or lose in this map with the short distance to half mid, allowing unique but nice gameplay. Generators are perfect.
- Toys: Nice map that looks good. Generators are good as well. However, you have no chance to win at all if you're on red or dark green. The distance between islands is really small and if you are in the middle, there's a 90% chance you are being rushed at immediately. Due to lack of gold you cannot properly defend yourself, so if you're being rushed, it's really hard to survive.
- Fairground: Nice map, looks good. However the player islands are really annoying to move around on. Getting to the iron/gold generators and then back to the villager is tedious and consuming too much of my valuable time. Generators are perfect and gameplay is great.
- Garden: Great map. Gameplay is good, map looks good, generators are perfect. Nothing to change.
- Huts: Great map. Unique layout and perfect gameplay. Looks good. However diamonds are pretty hard to get.
- Waterfall: My favourite 4-player map. Looks good, island distance is perfect and the gameplay is great. Nothing to be changed.
- Mushrooms: My favourite 5-player map. It's a pretty huge map, but it allows for unique gameplay - Especially sneaking over mushrooms to other islands to get to the egg through the chimney. Generators are OK. The map itself really shouldn't be changed, it's perfect!

Least favourite maps (Solo):
- Technology: Annoying hole in the middle. I don't like the map at all.
- End: Way too much rushing and you have no chance to get diamonds at all. Safari is also rushy but has much better gameplay than End. I'd say remove this one and keep Safari.
- Village: Looks great, but the player islands are really annoying. Moving around is a pain and you have no overview at all.

Least favourite maps (Team):
- Kong: Ugly, weird island design, annoying gameplay.
- Under da sea: Ugly map, way too much camping due to big distance between islands. Please just remove this map.
- Space: A nice idea, but the map is way too big. Encourages extreme camping.
- Treehouse: Way too big and too hard to get to generators in the top of the trees. The huge trees don't really create a good gameplay.
- Teaparty: This map is HUGE. It's way too big. It looks pretty good but always results in extreme camping. You can't kill people at all as you can't shoot them off (they'll just fall onto the cloud thing at the bottom) and you'll be chasing players endlessly on the bottom cloud thing around mid.

Suggestions:
- Huts: Upgrade the diamond generators. Diamonds are too hard to get.
- Fairground: Please clean up the player islands a bit so you can move between generators and the villager more easily.

Godly_Sloth

May 25, 2019
Best Map ever would be Kingdom. Hands down I can't complain about it. To be honest I think that most of the 4v4v4v4 maps are good. In Kingdom, you can see that it's planned out well. You have lots of room on your island if you want to build a base (wish I had old pictures of sandstone fortresses I made on it), you have space between islands so that you can't really get rushed by shell crackers and armorers. At mid you have 2 diamond gens and 4gold gens I believe, not certain but pretty sure about that and you also have lots of space below the central towers in the gardens to PVP. Sure, you could get caught on the hedges but normally you'd stay on the path to get away faster. I'd say that you can have a very good balance of things in Kingdom. Back in 2015ish, nobody rushed and nobody could speed bridge and everyone loved the slow playstyle eggwars had to offer. I think Kingdom preserves this style and while I didn't see it on most peoples list, I believe that it's a sturdy foundation of what a good map that stays true to eggwars unique style should be and if it could be weighted (along with other 4v4v4v4 maps like space for instance) so that it comes up more so than not since you can no longer click signs for maps.
I'd like to note that 4v4v4v4 may not be as popular to many of my unranked brethren due to us having 3person parties maximum but to all of you I say to play a 4v4v4v4 map with a party of 3 and a random, chances are they'll communicate and you will have a lot more fun.
Maps I don't like, are the large 2team maps. They don't embody anything related to eggwars, its just capture the flag with 20 people. You mindlessly throw yourself at the opponent and don't bother getting diamonds or better gear. The games are way too quick, especially if you have to sit in the lobby for 5minutes for an 8minute game. The maps often are laid out so that you have multiple smaller islands on the right and left that require less blocks then going straight to mid so you only have real pvp on bases. You'd think that there would be fighting to take control of middle so that you can activate and upgrade gens back at base which would lead to you getting more gear and then pressing onward with that new better gear allowing you to crush your opponents. Alas it's all about rushing with leather armor and low tier weaponry.

To lazy to read my rambling? Make Kingdom an example map for the future, make 4v4v4v4 maps more common, and remove the large 2 team maps.
Edit:changed the amount of gens at mid

Last edited:
Reactions: SpankMeSanta

RedNinjaRed

Jun 11, 2020
Hey y'all! I'm a pretty decent Solo-only player and I'd like to share my opinions!

Favorites:
Mine: Just a beautiful map and super fun to play. My only critique is to remove the diamond gens in your base- they're a big waste of time and get in the way honestly. Super fun to play, and I absolutely love it
Bridges- Just a really fun gameplay overall. Love the build overall
Desert- Beautifully built and fun to play. May want to get rid of the cactus glitch, though

Least Favorites:
Golf- Honestly, I get where you were going, but it really annoying. Depending on your base, it is harder to get to middle. The golf balls (especially the cobwebs) are a pain to get through and make it harder to play.

Snowy- Beautiful map, but the trees completely block me from bridging to the smaller islands. I have to zigzag around to get to them

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey guys! I got Luke's go-ahead to make this thread! The information you provide will help the build team with future maps or even little improvements to our current maps from your feedback. Make sure to detail your response and be very specific!

What we are looking for:
  • Favorite Maps (Explain why: Details, Concept, etc.)
  • Least Favorite Maps (Explain why)
  • Map Suggestions (Including redesign, variations, skins, etc.)
  • Maps to possibly bring back

My response/example:

Favourites:
Snowy:
Quick and exciting gameplay, great generator levels, pretty map!
Powerlines: Slower gameplay (My favorite), Big space, Unique and detailed map.

Least favorites:
Tropical:
Half-Middle is a pain to build and PvP on, the player island is small and annoying especially with stairs, diamonds are not as plentiful as I would hope for.
Space: Very easy to camp with long-distance, small areas to PVP, easy to hide and abuse areas, the overall gameplay is not fun except middle is nice, (potential use for another map concept?)
Technology: Small islands (except middle), Easy to the camp middle, PvP difficult do to big or small size, annoying hole in the main island.
Pizza: Due to the removal of the Level 3 Diamond Gen at the middle, I feel like the diamond gens at half middle need to be upgraded. I have noticed it is much difficult to get diamonds now.

Star Wars Map: Ajan Kloss, Crait, etc?
Snowy: Another version called Spring? Where the snow has melted and plants and wildlife begin returning.
Weather Conditions: Perhaps a map where there is an intense snowfall or thunderstorm?

Maps that need to return:
Area 51: Make the bottom of the middle at the same level as the player islands, keep the ship but make it hard to camp on the beams.

Need a reference? Use this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-guide-on-cubecraft-java-bedrock.222904/
Favourite:Toys: i like toys because is a rush map and the gold generator is broked in the islands

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Favourites:

Modern - My #1 favourite
- Very easy rushes
- islands are close together
- middle is detailed and well built
- lots of space to knock people off the edge
Library - My #2nd favorite
- all the islands are close to the semi-middle island
- easy rushes
- diamond generators are low level so it’s clearly designed to be a rush map instead of a farming map
- lots of pvp space!

Least favorites:

Under the Sea - my most hated
- way too big making rushes nearly impossible
- middle has super weird terrain and is difficult to navigate where the generators are
Trees - my second most hated
- Way too big again
- rushes are hard
- this is the biggest reason I hate this map. Players often hide in the tops of trees in that map. The trees are huge and it’s a total waste of time trying to find them

Modern
- one of the side islands (lone ones that don’t have a base directly next to it) is actually further away from middle than the other (needs an extra block). Not only does this trigger my OCD but it confuses me when I rush.
Library
- this map is perfect apart from one thing, players often hide inside the books on the side of islands or deliberately camp inside them. Maybe make it so that they can’t hide in it/get stuck there?
Trees
- I would totally play this map if it wasn’t for... the trees. Please make a build limit or something so players don’t camp at the top of the trees!
Vacation (summer special map)
- I’m not sure if you can fix this, but for some reason this map makes my switch lag SO HARD. I have no clue why, maybe it’s size? Also please make it so that players can’t glitch into the pool. I’ve come across multiple people who glitch into the pool on the spawn islands.

Maps that need to be removed:

Under the sea
- bad map. Already said why it’s bad. Horrid please remove.

GhostPelican

Jul 13, 2020
Favourites:

Modern - My #1 favourite
- Very easy rushes
- islands are close together
- middle is detailed and well built
- lots of space to knock people off the edge
Library - My #2nd favorite
- all the islands are close to the semi-middle island
- easy rushes
- diamond generators are low level so it’s clearly designed to be a rush map instead of a farming map
- lots of pvp space!

Least favorites:

Under the Sea - my most hated
- way too big making rushes nearly impossible
- middle has super weird terrain and is difficult to navigate where the generators are
Trees - my second most hated
- Way too big again
- rushes are hard
- this is the biggest reason I hate this map. Players often hide in the tops of trees in that map. The trees are huge and it’s a total waste of time trying to find them

I completely agree with this for 2 player eggwars.

My favourite:
solo - Robotic/Bridges
duos - Modern/Dream
quads - Waterfall

My least favourite:
solo - Jungle/Snowy/Desert (I can't remember the names but they are pretty much identical)
duos - Under the Sea
quads - Magic

The real problem is that some starting islands are diagonal from mid, and some are not. This is frustrating and downright unfair. On Under the Sea, two islands are perpendicular to mid, and someone speed bridging can get there with 30 blocks in about 20 secs from game start. If you are diagonal either you bridge left then right or you bridge straight and use up way more blocks. The problem is the same in Trees but less so in Magic. In magic everyone is at the same disadvantage at least.

The second problem (mainly affects solo) is that there is no reason to go to mid on a decent number of maps. The only map where this is completely untrue is Bridges. In bridges there are 2 level 3 diamond gens at mid and only level 1 diamond gens at the connecting islands. But in Jungle there is only gold gens at mid and a level 2 at the secondary, same with Desert and Snowy (except they're worse because there is a gold gen at secondary as well). This is frankly quite boring and unfun. Worse case scenario you end up with three or four maxed out players, and the problem is that this is the most reliable way of winning. Rush diamond gen -> diamond sword -> rush nearby players -> camp diamond gen -> iron armour -> end game. It's the most boring meta out of all the modes other than gapple spam in OP items.

Third problem: I loathe OP items. I don't think this will change so I will leave it at that (Regardless I reckon my win rate is only slightly less in OP items).

Last problem: lag/low FPS. Worst in solo by far. The problem is a) the maps and b) the generators. I have recently successfully weaponized lag/ low FPS on Robotic (twice). Upgrading all the generators (especially iron) to max makes frame rate drop to something horrid and makes fights impossible (but funny). I've been doing this a few times when I'm bored but I had the most success on Bridges and on Robotic. Golf also has lag/low FPS but maybe that's because of the design? A fix for the generators could be like Galacticraft where to get the tokens, you click on the generator instead of them dropping on top. Map design is obviously difficult, but maps like Dreams and Modern in duos are great and the quads maps all seem to work fine. I honestly don't know what causes these issues, only that it is not just me, as I chatted with another player after I killed them in a laggy fight on Robotic.

Remove Under the Sea, Trees, Magic and Golf. The first two are not balanced, Magic is just bad and Golf is way too laggy to be fun

ObrigadoADeus

Novice Member
Jul 28, 2020
Spain
Hi, I don’t Play EggWars a lot, But I just want to tell my opinion of some maps.

I love Cubecraft! :cube_light: ❤️

Favourites:
City: Is a good map because the streets make it easier at the time to rush people, and is easy to defend.
Forest: This map is Insane! Campers can’t hide here.
Rome: Great map and mythic! Iron generators are level 4 just when march starts. Middle is good. The floor is made out of slabs and that’s a little bit annoying.
TeaParty: This map is too big. Everyone camps with bows, etc.
Under da Sea: I love it but there are so much campers.

Fundey

Sep 5, 2020
Netherlands
Im loving most of it. but some maps like library or huts are really annoying because the diamond generators are merely level 1. this while most of the maps have 2 diamond level 2 generators.

Fundey

Sep 5, 2020
Netherlands
It should not at all be removed. its one of the late game maps and for people who arent good at rushing others its the fair solution for winning :D

Kaleoh_

Jul 4, 2020
Favorites:
-Beach
-Under the sea
-Garden
-Mansion
-Aztec
-Kingdom
-Missing whale :(

Least Favorite:
-Storm: too big
-Mushrooms: people too often camp :(
-Treehouse: it's hard to find the last player

-Space
Kaleo_ :D

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I like to play squads a lot so this are my favorite team so of four maps
Magic-It’s really easy to rush and has a broken gold generator.
Beach-I like beach because island camping is hard and no diamond generator.

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Favorite Maps (Solo Eggwars).

Golf: Big spaces to PvP, easy to get in center, a short diagonal separation between islands (lovely for rush), a great number of hills to help yourself when preparing a sprint jump bridge, good center, overall because of the iron.

Tropical: Easy to get in the top from the island and start building to other spaces, the hill and walls PvP most of the time is just another style of it, is not easy to camp since the roof of the center islands can be used to build over a wall or something, also very easy to go super high and return, due to hay bales that are there and that you can place by yourself.

Robotic: Easy to get in center, also the surface of it, being big, is easy to flat PvP, also get there is regarding, because of the gold and iron overall, good in the start of the match for a kick-off, just require 1 block to get back to the spawn. The unique problem is the people with the strategy of go with 10 blocks (completely possible) and nothing else to get stuff.

Least favorites.

Winter: The unique problem is the trees and that you don´t need to build to get in the "center", because of the bridge with a little gap in the void, that sometimes is abused by early players, waiting for you to jump and throw you off, also there are tree abusers that just get in there waiting to the "Death from above" strat, also the PvP there in the trees is based on click spam, since there are lots of leaves.

Bridge: This map is just awful, the "early players" just get the builder kit and go to the center, ready to get the 20 diamonds at the center, without caring of anything else, and here is most common due to the regard of getting there, so people that prepare themselves can lose against 1:30 minutes full irons, also is easy to escape, because of the big flat surface in the map, and that´s annoying.

Reactions: Wave Master7S

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Eggwars Solo

Favorites

- Hatch: This sadly is a holiday only map, but it's my favorite. It looks nice, decently sized and because the islands are close to mid it's a map not many people camp on. This makes the gameplay much more fun, because the majority is actively out and about. I truly wish this would be added as a standard map, as in my opinion it's by far the best map I've seen on solo.

- Candy: Second best. Good size, good amount of teams, islands are close to mid (and thus very little or easy to deal with camping), no highly upgraded gens in mid,

- Mine: Great map. Looks decent, not too large. Just an all around good map.

- MLG: Great map when it comes to size, amount of teams and mid. But I'm not a huge fan of the builds.

Least favorites
- Safari: not a fun map in my opinion. Especially the diamond generator on the very top sucks the fun right out of it. Seeing someone rush up there and continue to sit there for the majority of the game is nothing but an annoyance. I rather not waste my time chasing after them and thus I skip this map most of the time.

- Farm: Very boring map to me. Too little teams spread out on a large map.

-Nightmare: Not an ugly map, but too big for solo in my opinion. 80% of the time spend is just bridging to other islands and chasing after players that run away or went to mid and are now.. god knows where.

- Steampunk: Large map, but I actually like it. The way the 4 team sections are spread out makes it less of a hassle to deal with runners and hiders. However, I absolutely hate the section below the main islands. Way too many times do players that fall into the void land on the builds below. And then it becomes a waiting game or you have to go down and back up. It adds nothing but unnecessary time and frustration to the game.

This goes for all maps: I don't like seeing some big flat land area in the far distances. It just seems sloppy and unprofessional. Doesn't always happen, but I do see it a ton.

Map specific mistakes or things I'd change
- Village: Hole in the house in the orange base. Fill it please. (see attached picture)

- Safari: All teams have a path to mid already, the majority doesn't need any blocks to get to mid, but (I believe) 2 teams do need at least 1 block to get to mid. Seems like a small issue, but still it's an unfair disadvantage. Should be changed. (this might actually be fixed already as I've shared it before on the forums... but I avoid that map so no clue).

- Candy: I don't mind the little gap underneath the mid sections ( (see attached picture)... but if players can fall into it (and yes, they do every now and then when I knock them in the void), they should be able to escape it. Right now you can't place any block there. There is no escape other than death. This should be changed. Because it's no fun if someone has no egg and doesn't want to suicide and you are forced to sit on the gens for a bow.

TLDR: Give us Hatch permanent 🥺 lol

Attachments

• 2020-10-16_17.17.31.png
    2020-10-16_17.17.31.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 2020-10-16_18.37.57.png
    2020-10-16_18.37.57.png
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 178
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom