Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Since I have not seen a guide on how to play Eggwars, I thought it'd be a nice idea to make one!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this thread, feel
free to start a conversation with!

First this first!
EggWars is a game that can be played both Solo or Team mode. The goal is to break the eggs of enemy teams and to kill them after. Do not forget to protect your own egg though! As soon as your egg is broken, you will not respawn anymore.

Back in the early days, the tactic was really obvious.
Most people went to the middle to get diamonds, then returned to their island and broke the bridge.
Camping was the key to succes (at least from my experience)

Since the new update and since they removed diamond generators from spawn islands in some maps, this tactic completely changed.
Camping will work rarely.
The new key to succes is RUSHING

(Both modes)
You have to be good at PvP to achieve the best results possible.
Speedbridging is always a huge bonus because you can build faster than other players.
(Team mode)
Having a good team is a must.
I define a good team as following:
A group of players which work together by exchanging rescources, tools and more items with as goal to win a game as smoothly as possible

In team mode, I suggest you to not play with strangers. You will rarely find a good team.
That's why I suggest you to party. Play with friends for the best results.
Don't forget you're not playing Solo mode, work together!
As example, I'm explaining you how to play in Instruments (3vs3)
One player should be protecting the egg, no matter what.

For the other 2 players, I suggest going middle.
Everyone on the team should have the skills I mentioned earlier.

They could both rush different teams. When the rush is succesful (with this I mean: The egg is broken and all the players on the team are dead), they can meet again at the middle to rush the last team.
As example, I'm also explaining the tactic I use for Instruments.
As I mentioned already, speedbridging is really handy.

If ALL of your teammates can speedbridge, NO ONE should protect your egg, since you should be the first team to reach the middle island. Make sure to make a little staircase when reaching the middle, so no one can go to your island if your rush failed.
If you're first at middle, just build to an enemy team. Always build above them, this so they can't hit you off.
They normally can't have obsidian that soon in a game, so make sure to bring tnt with you. Build above their egg, drop the tnt, and done!

You're playing Solo mode, which basically means you can do whatever you want.
If there's a gold generator on your island working from the beginning, you're good to go.
Cover your egg with obsidian and go to your neighbours.
Make sure you have a diamond pickaxe with you, a wood/stone sword and leather armor.
When your gold generator isn't working from the beginning, you're screwed :p
I suggest OR to go the middle as soon as you can to grab yourself a lot of gold, OR you protect your egg with lots of glass/wool
If you're neighbours are rushing you, there's basically not that much you can do, without caring about their own egg, you can try to get above them. This way you'll force them to go back
When both of your neighbours are gone, go to the middle.
Rush the players that have built a bridge for you (a bridge that connects their island with the middle).
When that's done, rush their neighbours (if they are still alive)

Now build to all the enemies left and done!

Please keep in mind that this guide was made for Overpowered-mode.
If you feel like I missed something, let me know by starting a conversation or in a reply!
Thans a lot for reading ;)
~Berre​

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Since I have not seen a guide on how to play Eggwars, I thought it'd be a nice idea to make one!

First this first!
EggWars is a game that can be played both Solo or Team mode. The goal is to break the eggs of enemy teams and to kill them after. Do not forget to protect your own egg though! As soon as your egg is broken, you will not respawn anymore.

Most people went to the middle to get diamonds, then returned to their island and broke the bridge.

Since the new update and since they removed diamond generators from spawn islands in some maps, this tactic completely changed.

(Both modes)
Speedbridging is always a huge bonus because you can build faster than other players.
(Team mode)
A group of players which work together by exchanging rescources, tools and more items with as goal to win a game as smoothly as possible

In team mode, I suggest you to not play with strangers. You will rarely find a good team.
As an example, I'm explaining you how to play in Instruments (3vs3)

They could both rush different teams. When the rush is succesful (with this I mean: The egg is broken and all the players on the team are dead), they can meet again at the middle to rush the last team.

If ALL of your teammates can speedbridge, NO ONE should protect your egg, since you should be the first team to reach the middle island. Make sure to make a little staircase when reaching the middle, so no one can go to your island if your rush failed.
If you're first at middle, just build to an enemy team. Always build above them, this so they can't hit you off.
They normally can't have obsidian that soon in a game, so make sure to bring tnt with you. Build above their egg, drop the tnt, and done!

If there's a gold generator on your island working from the beginning, you're good to go.
Make sure you have a diamond pickaxe with you, a wood/stone sword and leather armor.
I suggest OR to go the middle as soon as you can to grab yourself a lot of gold, OR you protect your bed with lots of glass/wool
If you're neighbours are rushing you, there's basically not that much you can do, without caring about their own egg, you can try to get above them. This way you'll force them to go back
Rush the players that have built a bridge for you (a bridge that connects their island with the middle).

If you feel like I missed something, let me know by starting a conversation or in a reply!
~Berre[/SPOILER]​

I honestly disagree with most of what you just said.
But nice thread anywho.

Reactions: giesko

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
My tactic is literally just get leather armour, wooden sword and some steak and just pile to mid, I get 69 diamonds (which can afford in op mode a diamond sword, a diamond pickaxe, a punch I bow and full iron armour.) and I just go to everyone elses bases and kill everyone. You need to be able to be a decent shooter with a bow. Also don't bowspam all the time as it's a rather cheap way to win. It works most of the time but don't grow a reputation of being a constant bow spammer.

PVP skills are vital, one day you will encounter someone who will not get shot off and they will most likely kill you if they can top your PVP skills. Don't rely on bows. I recommend just playing a bunch of games to get better at pvp. It's about experience. If you don't know 1.9 pvp you will have a significant disadvantage.

I also recommend not camping unless you have to. Camping is a cheap way to win and will rarely work. If your opponents get pearls and can pvp well, you will just pointlessly drag the game out. I myself only ever camp on bases when it's already a late game and I need to get more gear. If you are in this scenario, never camp on your own base. The first place your opponents will look if they do not have a compass is check your original island.

Oh yeah and BUY EXTRA SETS. You can survive big fights if you are decent at pvp and have 4 sets (bare minimum). You can just replace your armour really quickly. I would recommend downloading the 5Zig mod so you can see your armours durability. In big fights, armour is key. In a late game I recommend 6 sets of iron armour and a sharpness V diamond sword. It will destroy their armour quickly.

That's about it. If you are a good PVP'er, this strategy can be really useful. It may also depend on the map you play on. I mostly play on Teaparty. Also if you need help with how to PVP, I reccomend going on youtube and searching for 1.9 PVP tutorials.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk

First this first!

(Both modes)
(Team mode)

As example, I'm explaining you how to play in Instruments (3vs3)

I suggest OR to go the middle as soon as you can to grab yourself a lot of gold, OR you protect your egg with lots of glass/wool

~Berre​
I rather rush to the island beside me, so I wouldn't get rushed and then I go to mid. I dislike upgrading my gens, since people could use it against you. I rather spend all my diamonds in the one go and then win the game from there. But good thread btw. :)

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
My tactic is literally just get leather armour, wooden sword and some steak and just pile to mid, I get 69 diamonds (which can afford in op mode a diamond sword, a diamond pickaxe, a punch I bow and full iron armour.) and I just go to everyone elses bases and kill everyone. You need to be able to be a decent shooter with a bow. Also don't bowspam all the time as it's a rather cheap way to win. It works most of the time but don't grow a reputation of being a constant bow spammer.

PVP skills are vital, one day you will encounter someone who will not get shot off and they will most likely kill you if they can top your PVP skills. Don't rely on bows. I recommend just playing a bunch of games to get better at pvp. It's about experience. If you don't know 1.9 pvp you will have a significant disadvantage.

I also recommend not camping unless you have to. Camping is a cheap way to win and will rarely work. If your opponents get pearls and can pvp well, you will just pointlessly drag the game out. I myself only ever camp on bases when it's already a late game and I need to get more gear. If you are in this scenario, never camp on your own base. The first place your opponents will look if they do not have a compass is check your original island.

Oh yeah and BUY EXTRA SETS. You can survive big fights if you are decent at pvp and have 4 sets (bare minimum). You can just replace your armour really quickly. I would recommend downloading the 5Zig mod so you can see your armours durability. In big fights, armour is key. In a late game I recommend 6 sets of iron armour and a sharpness V diamond sword. It will destroy their armour quickly.

That's about it. If you are a good PVP'er, this strategy can be really useful. It may also depend on the map you play on. I mostly play on Teaparty. Also if you need help with how to PVP, I reccomend going on youtube and searching for 1.9 PVP tutorials.
I think I mentioned some things you said. Like you have to be good at PvP and camping will rarely work. But your tips also are really useful!

I rather rush to the island beside me, so I wouldn't get rushed and then I go to mid. I dislike upgrading my gens, since people could use it against you. I rather spend all my diamonds in the one go and then win the game from there. But good thread btw. :)
I don't really like to do that. If you'd buy full diamond armor etc. and you die, you lost it. But if you invest in generators, you can farm it all back

Reactions: SpringWarz

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I think I mentioned some things you said. Like you have to be good at PvP and camping will rarely work. But your tips also are really useful!

I don't really like to do that. If you'd buy full diamond armor etc. and you die, you lost it. But if you invest in generators, you can farm it all back
I don't really take risks, but I rather spend my entire time at mid preventing others from getting diamonds and gold. That way I have less people with iron gear to worry about. (If your wondering, I like to quickly end the game rather than spend an hour. :p) Also, just in case I do die I leave a hidden chest at my island with extra gear and diamonds into.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
all you need is speedbriding and good at thinking. you don't need a good team. they can grieve you the whole game and you can still win.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom